PDA

View Full Version : Need info please

Tiggers0608
13th July 2009, 13:58
Hi, i have a friend who's working in greece and have a fiancee in wales .... she is asking me this question but i have no idea and i don't want to give false info on her.... that's why im asking it here as most of the member here is very helpful and have ideas and experience on this before ....

she said the guy already gave her forms to fill up for the fiancee visa, she's currently working in greece and the guy is living in wales. the guy wants her to fill up a fiancee form and send it back to him so they can apply for a fiancee visa.

not sure about fiancee visa in greece to UK as my friend is still a filipino citizen and just working in greece for a year now not yet a citizen.

:Erm: coz in the philippines they have to see each other first right before thay apply for fiancee visa?

please help and thank you already for the info's ur going to post here :xxgrinning--00xx3: cheers

Bluebirdjones
13th July 2009, 14:08
.. so... a few points

Greece is a Schengen country... but UK is not.
Hence she could travel to most countries in Europe (where they could meet),
but obviously NOT to the UK.

Why does she need to send him the filled-up forms ?
It is SHE who needs to submit them, not him !

In usual cases, SHE would submit in the Philipinnes, and have to get the obligatory
bio-scan.
Perhaps she may be able to submit to the UK Embassy in Athens, so she should
investigate that.

Confused ? ... yes .....

Mrs.JMajor
13th July 2009, 14:10
Hi my new friend, lol as the law of British Embassy (VFS) is the same all over the world, they could have some luck as we had member here I heard from her story they didn't meet personally, she and the husband now apply the visa as fiancee from Israel, Fortunately its granted, supposedly that is one of the requirement at least they meet each other personally, but the couple now (member here but I dont see them posting now) they didnt see each other http://www.vfsglobal.com/applyforvisa.html

But I would suggest her to meet him at least once, scary to marry a guy that you havent even meet yet isnt it? what if the :censored: is not fit :yikes:

I am joking :D:icon_lol:

Bluebirdjones
13th July 2009, 14:16
... yes....

If he can't get off his :butthead: to visit / meet her in Greece, or Belguim, or France.. or .. or ...or ....
... I don't see a great deal of mileage (excuse the pun) in this relationship.

If he's a Jack, tell her to tell him, to put the wheels back on his caravan, hitch it up to his
van & go visit her !

darren-b
13th July 2009, 14:32
if he provides supporting documentation she could apply in greece, but if they haven't met it is almost certain it won't be granted.

Tiggers0608
13th July 2009, 15:18
Hi my new friend, lol as the law of British Embassy (VFS) is the same all over the world, they could have some luck as we had member here I heard from her story they didn't meet personally, she and the husband now apply the visa as fiancee from Israel, Fortunately its granted, supposedly that is one of the requirement at least they meet each other personally, but the couple now (member here but I dont see them posting now) they didnt see each other http://www.vfsglobal.com/applyforvisa.html

But I would suggest her to meet him at least once, scary to marry a guy that you havent even meet yet isnt it? what if the :censored: is not fit :yikes:

I am joking :D:icon_lol:

Hi sis, yeah i asked her that, why does she wants to marry someone she haven't meet yet and it's so soon.

she asked me what are guys like here in UK , i said i only married one it does'nt mean everyone is like him lol.

KeithD
13th July 2009, 15:25
He needs to visit her and have pics, embassies don't usually approve non-meeting couples these days.

A Filipina can apply in whatever country she is in.

joebloggs
13th July 2009, 17:56
Applicant's Identification - The applicant must present a valid passport with at least 6 months remaining until its expiry, and at least one full empty page where the visa can be affixed.

If the passport was not issued in the country where the application is made, it should include evidence that the applicant is normally resident in that country. If the applicant cannot establish citizenship or normal residence in the country where the application is submitted, the application will fail save for extraordinary circumstances (such as refugees). An exception to this rule occurs where the Foreign Office has instructed a consulate to process applications from another country.

He/she must show that you have met each other;
Evidence that the applicant and sponsor have met This would include evidence of travel, such as passport stamps and ticket receipts. Photographs together and correspondence showing the relationship is ongoing and current.

MarBell379
14th July 2009, 10:19
They need to have met. I'm not sure if this is an ABSOLUTE rule, but all guidelines, questions, advice pages point to the fact that there must be an existing, real, personal relationship.
The internet is good, but nothing beats the personal touch.

darren-b
14th July 2009, 10:49
They need to have met. I'm not sure if this is an ABSOLUTE rule, but all guidelines, questions, advice pages point to the fact that there must be an existing, real, personal relationship.

If you haven't met it will be difficult to convince the ECO that a marriage will take place. I've heard stories that some couples have eventually got fiancee visas without meeting, though not sure if the stories are true or if anyone has managed it recently.

joebloggs
14th July 2009, 18:15

I'm pretty sure you need to have met, as

REFUSAL FORMULAE

Met fiancé(e) / proposed civil partner
"...but [? in view of...] the Secretary of State is not satisfied that you and your [proposed spouse/
[proposed] civil partner have met ."

Paragraph 290(ii) of HC 395 as set out in paragraph 3 of HC 26

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/IDIs/idischapter8/section3/annexl.pdf?view=Binary

Tawi2
14th July 2009, 18:24
I think most of the guys on here married to Pinays wish their wives had only been as short a flight away as Greece,he could fly there one morning and return the next afternoon,its only Europe,the world is shrinking :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tiggers0608
15th July 2009, 09:11
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you so much for all your answers and infos given here on the post, its very helpful :xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks , i already told her about all your answers and they will meet soon. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks again and more power to this forum/family cheers

Tiggers0608
15th July 2009, 09:13
He needs to visit her and have pics, embassies don't usually approve non-meeting couples these days.

A Filipina can apply in whatever country she is in.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks boss keith

Tiggers0608
15th July 2009, 09:15
Applicant's Identification - The applicant must present a valid passport with at least 6 months remaining until its expiry, and at least one full empty page where the visa can be affixed.

If the passport was not issued in the country where the application is made, it should include evidence that the applicant is normally resident in that country. If the applicant cannot establish citizenship or normal residence in the country where the application is submitted, the application will fail save for extraordinary circumstances (such as refugees). An exception to this rule occurs where the Foreign Office has instructed a consulate to process applications from another country.

He/she must show that you have met each other;
Evidence that the applicant and sponsor have met This would include evidence of travel, such as passport stamps and ticket receipts. Photographs together and correspondence showing the relationship is ongoing and current.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks joe