PDA

View Full Version : Sunday (Filipino) lunch yesterday

Bluebirdjones
13th July 2009, 11:54
... well, more like a late lunch / early dinner rolled into one.

Ate at SUNRISE Cafe & Restaurant in Earls Court.
Almost all tables occupied... which is a good sign.
... and was very impressed.

The Calimari was some of the best I've had, and the Buffet
(eat all you can) at £7.00 was good value.

Might make it a monthly event.

Mrs Daddy
13th July 2009, 11:55
oh that`s very cheap pity its far...

Mrs.JMajor
13th July 2009, 11:56
Yah, that was my sentiment, far :doh

eagles
13th July 2009, 12:06
The Calimari was some of the best :Erm:

is it the squid? Calamares/calamari

Bluebirdjones
13th July 2009, 12:11
... yes, the squid.

Very fresh, not stringy, and the batter was perfect

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jimeve
13th July 2009, 13:16
... yes, the squid.

Very fresh, not stringy, and the batter was perfect

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

only a quid, thats cheap:icon_lol:

gracia143
13th July 2009, 20:39
... well, more like a late lunch / early dinner rolled into one.

Ate at SUNRISE Cafe & Restaurant in Earls Court.

Might make it a monthly event.

I also frequent myself there with my gay filipino friends...it's really good value for money. Did you go to Manila Supermarket too?:BouncyHappy:

Tawi2
13th July 2009, 20:46
Gay pinoy friends Gracy,you dont know Philip De Vera?My mate always gets his hair cut there,I dont know why,pinoy bayots are uber-camp :icon_lol:

gracia143
13th July 2009, 20:59
Gay pinoy friends Gracy,you dont know Philip De Vera?My mate always gets his hair cut there,I dont know why,pinoy bayots are uber-camp :icon_lol:

Yes Tawi most of my mates in London are gay and even when I was in Manila all of them were gay. I don't know, maybe because I'm used to having gay people around me whilst growing up. I have nothing against them, I enjoy their company as much as I enjoy being with female friends.

Thank God my brothers are all straight hehe.

I get my hair done at Phillip de Vera's occassionally.

Tawi2
13th July 2009, 21:03
My mates wife got her hair done in De Veras,she has the most incredible lustrous hair,like a bolt of ebony silk,real life in it,she went into De Veras and came out with a loose perm sort of thing and looked like a wet poodle :yikes:My mate went bonkers,needless to say she hasnt been back there,goes to a good one in Kingston nowadays I think :icon_lol:

gracia143
13th July 2009, 21:10
My mates wife got her hair done in De Veras,she has the most incredible lustrous hair,like a bolt of ebony silk,real life in it,she went into De Veras and came out with a loose perm sort of thing and looked like a wet poodle :yikes:My mate went bonkers,needless to say she hasnt been back there,goes to a good one in Kingston nowadays I think :icon_lol:

Poor girl! I only get my hair trimmed once in a while. Maybe she was going for a hair re-bond and it all went wrong?

Tawi2
13th July 2009, 21:14
From what I heard the "Salon" talked her into getting a perm :icon_lol: it didnt work however as her hair is too strong to "Take" its down to her bum and looks incredible(the hair that is not the bum) :Erm: several pinays I chatted to in Nandos just over the road told me that De Vera is best because he knows how to cut pinay hair :icon_lol: Maybe Vidal Sassoon should have studied in Manila :D

Bluebirdjones
13th July 2009, 21:56
I also frequent myself there with my gay filipino friends...it's really good value for money. Did you go to Manila Supermarket too?:BouncyHappy:

Yes, called in there too, and the one opposite Sunrise, but from now on I'll avoid bending down to look at the items on the bottom shelf !

:erotic4: :Vader:

:)