PDA

View Full Version : Where to eat in Cebu City.

Alan
12th July 2009, 09:31
Hi peeps,

Happy Sunday! If you are sitting there wondering why the England team is STILL being taught a lesson by a substandard Australian side, take heart in this.

I know that a lot of you visit the Queen City and I thought you might like to know a couple of places that Hanna and I have found to be more than acceptable in the culinary sense of the word.

CASA VERDE - near the Diplomat Hotel, Fuente. Excellent steaks and ribs, large portions and REAL chips!!! Prices very cheap! score 8/10.

CHING PALACE - Salinas Drive, near JY Square. Excellent Chinese restaurant. Presentation and service are on a par with high class restaurants. Beautful Chinese food at a reasonable price. Hanna and I can eat there for about P700.
Nice touches are: Real cloth napkins - free pot of tea and bowl of pistachios upon arrival.

GOLDEN COURIE - Also Salinas Drive. Filipino restaurant serving 'higher class' dishes. Great food on offer and very reasonably priced. WARNING!! This restaurant is VERY popular, so if you are there after 6 p.m. expect to queue for a table. Not sure if phone bookings are possible.

Perhaps other Cebuanos and pseudo-Cebuanos can add to this list.

Bon appetit!

Al.:)

Alan
12th July 2009, 09:33
Sorry - CHING PALACE - score 9/10
GOLDEN COURIE - score 8/10

Tish
12th July 2009, 12:22
Hi Alan,

How's you and Hannah?

Well I hope I can save enough to go back there next year and visit those places :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tish

Alan
12th July 2009, 12:26
Hi Alan,

How's you and Hannah?

Well I hope I can save enough to go back there next year and visit those places :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tish

Hi Tish,

We are good thank you. Hope to see you!

Tish
12th July 2009, 12:29
Hi Tish,

We are good thank you. Hope to see you!

I hope so too :)

Tish

Jamesey
12th July 2009, 15:43
The Golden Cowrie is a fantastic restaurant. We visited Cebu a few years ago with a load of people who had never been to the Philippines before. Most of them said that the best meal we had was at the Golden Cowrie. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

A few other good restaurants are Krua Thai at Crossroads, Tin Gow at the Waterfront Hotel and Lighthouse at Gaisano Country Mall.

If you're looking for a decent steak, the best one I had in Cebu was from Sandtrap in Banilad. Also, their chips were just like the ones my mother used to cook when I was a kid! :D

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 15:53
Not one persons mentioned Jollibee :Erm:

Florge
12th July 2009, 15:55
go for the local cuisine... SUTOKIL!!!!

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 15:57
Star meat :xxgrinning--00xx3: used to be Colon and junqueras speciality dish :xxgrinning--00xx3:especially in siopao :Erm::ARsurrender:

keithAngel
12th July 2009, 16:06
R&R karendaria(eatery) V Rama opposite Golden Success College excellent food some with a European and Singaporean origin and all types of local dishes changing dai;y has a sea water aquarium with corals etc 8/10:xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
12th July 2009, 16:12
go for the local cuisine... SUTOKIL!!!!

100% agree........

Star meat :xxgrinning--00xx3: used to be Colon and junqueras :ARsurrender:

Sorry po, but colon is definitively out of the equation for me.....:NoNo:

jimeve
12th July 2009, 16:16
sutokil... to kils :omg:

islander
13th July 2009, 13:15
there's a lot of restaurants in Cebu especially in the newly opened Ayala extension, THE TERRACES... some of the restaurants are:

LA MAISON
THE GUSTAVIAN
THE SIAM - thai restaurant
TGI Fridays
HUKAD
BANANA LEAF
CAFE LAGUNA
YELLOW CAB
TERIYAKI BOY
CASA VERDE - soon to open
and a whole lot more.....