PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair

aromulus
26th October 2006, 07:52
Dammit,

I was late by 2 minutes at Liverpool Airport, for an early flight to Dublin and they wouldn't let me check in.

I had to find a car parking spot in the long stay, and that took absolutely ages. The place was virtually choc-a-block. In the end I found a bay at the furthest end of the car park.... Must have walked at least a mile back to the terminal.

Sometime I think that they do it on purpose to be pigheaded, just to get the extra fare money out of you.

There was plenty of time to have a full breakfast and get on board without hassle... but no... The scouse bird at the counter was having none of it....

Jobsworth...

Oh well, next time I will get there 2 hours earlier.

I just hope I don't miss my next flight to Cebu in february....

walesrob
26th October 2006, 08:52
I sometimes watch re-runs of the old Airline series and it makes me laugh how stroppy people get if they can't get on their chosen flight because they were late. Put a TV camera in an airport and normal rational people turn into raving loonies. I feel sorry for the staff having to endure this, but at the end of the day, they have been there waiting for YOU, they have the aircraft ready and waiting for YOU, if you can't turn up on time, its your fault.
Next time, try and turn up on time, that sounds harsh, but its the truth :omg:

KeithD
26th October 2006, 09:25
Oh well, next time I will get there 2 hours earlier.

The problem was your fault, no one elses. When you buy a ticket, part of the T&C is to get there in plenty of time. If you do not abide by the contract you have agreed to, that is your choice.

I think all people who delay a flight should be have to pay for everyone elses ticket, for taking the pee out of those who abide by the rules, while the minority think the world should revolve around them. :NoNo:

baboyako
26th October 2006, 20:07
I sometimes watch re-runs of the old Airline series and it makes me laugh how stroppy people get if they can't get on their chosen flight because they were late. Put a TV camera in an airport and normal rational people turn into raving loonies. I feel sorry for the staff having to endure this, but at the end of the day, they have been there waiting for YOU, they have the aircraft ready and waiting for YOU, if you can't turn up on time, its your fault.
Next time, try and turn up on time, that sounds harsh, but its the truth :omg:

I always get there in plenty of time to get plenty of :party-smiley-012::66::party-smiley-012::66:.

But seriously.. international flights tend to open 3hours before departure. Even queuing that early takes an hour.

jbt
2nd November 2006, 02:28
Goodluck, hope you wont be late again , next time :-)

Gavanddal
2nd November 2006, 08:12
Yeah, I know how frustrating it is missing a flight. I missed one to Madrid once. I was only going for the day, to a meeting so had no luggage. When I arrived at check in there was a queue of trolleys a mile long. I joined they queue but after 10 mins it had hardly moved. I left the queue and went to the electronic check in but it said my ticket couldn't be used there. So I went to the fast bag drop but there were two guys with 3 suitcases each in front of me. I asked the clerk if I could jump the queue as I only had a few minutes left to catch my flight. She refused so I had to wait. When she eventually served me she said that the "flight had closed"!!!!!!
They got me on a later flight but I had to come back to Gatwick rather than Heathrow and then get a bus back to Heathrow to get my car. Very Frustrating

ginapeterb
2nd November 2006, 08:51
This is a common occurence on budget airlines, it also happened to Gina and I at Glasgow prestwick, the morning we were due to arrive, we left in plenty of time to get to the aiport, but heavy and unusual snow drifts left the A77 impassable, we did our best to get their but by the time we arrived, the check in had closed, we were then put onto another flight at a cost of an extra £150.00 I had to brave face and pay it, no one wants to do this, but sadly it was not their fault, we were late, and we could not have excuses, thats the way it is.

aromulus
2nd November 2006, 11:02
In the end I flew the day after.
Of course the company I work for would not reimburse me for the expense. But it is on the expense sheet for october anyway, only a forensic accountant might have a chance to find where it is hidden, but i doubt it...:D

Still some problems in finding a parking space, but as it wasn't raining that morning and i was unbelievably early, I walked the distance to the terminal.
The check- in went like a dream. The flight left about 25 minutes later than scheduled, apparently it is a normal thing....
But funny enough it arrived in Dublin at the scheduled time... The driver must have floored the gas pedal...
Strange thing in Liverpool... It is the only airport I ever used that don't do announcements.

Coming back from Dublin... Queue long a mile... Until they realised that they were going to be late themselves... Only then, they opened another check-in counter...
The airport is nearly hopeless... They have night flights to and from all over the world, but all the bars and refresment outlets, shops and whathave you... close long before 10 pm... I was parched, gagging for a drink of any description, but no luck.:cwm23:
Again the flight was about 20 minutes late in leaving, but strangely enough in time on arrival at Liverpool ...

Finally I get home in Wrexham at about one-ish in the morning... Just in time to spend an hour with mahal ko online. And that was the highlight of the day

KeithD
2nd November 2006, 11:57
Why are you using BOLD? That represents SHOUTING

aromulus
2nd November 2006, 12:12
My apologies...
Didn't mean to yell...