View Full Version : New Google OS

aromulus
9th July 2009, 10:56
One for the "techies" here.....:D

Any opinions on this...???:Erm:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8139711.stm

KeithD
9th July 2009, 11:45
It'll be a few years before they have a decent PC version, and I'd imagine Apple have the biggest to lose.

Arthur Little
9th July 2009, 11:48

:doh Pass ...

aromulus
9th July 2009, 11:50
:doh Pass ...

Never mind....:Erm:

Look at the bright side.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

At least you have been getting the "quotes" right....:icon_lol:

I was getting a wee bit frustrated at editing them....:rolleyes:

Jay&Zobel
9th July 2009, 11:54
Ermm... sounds good for mobile style laptops if you only need internet. Well basically in the short run, there is still no competition.

You will only use this OS if you buy it built into a Mobile laptop so it will be 5year+ before they have a desktop standard, I guess. Because it needs to incorporate alot of extra things, let alone drivers and compatability etc... TBH, I don't think it will beat windows...

Arthur Little
9th July 2009, 12:00
Never mind....:Erm:

Look at the bright side.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

At least you have been getting the "quotes" right....:icon_lol:

I was getting a wee bit frustrated at editing them....:rolleyes:

THAT'S true!! :lol2:

Arturo
10th July 2009, 04:05

Hi,

I downloaded this a while agao..its a good but basic browser.
If you are a techie, its maybe simplistic.. but i am sure it will grow.

It has a nice action, open a page do a search - whatever. Click the + at the side for a new tab window an dyou previous window shows as an Icon. You can learn to use it as a visual "favourites".

I use it and its good.

BUT, as a websites designer/builder I also use Firefox, Opera, IE 8, i also have Safari on the Apple mac!

Its worth a try, if not like, just delete or ignore, it takes very little space.

TTFN

Arturo
10th July 2009, 04:13
Hi,

I downloaded this a while agao..its a good but basic browser.
If you are a techie, its maybe simplistic.. but i am sure it will grow.

It has a nice action, open a page do a search - whatever. Click the + at the side for a new tab window an dyou previous window shows as an Icon. You can learn to use it as a visual "favourites".

I use it and its good.

BUT, as a websites designer/builder I also use Firefox, Opera, IE 8, i also have Safari on the Apple mac!

Its worth a try, if not like, just delete or ignore, it takes very little space.

TTFN

Opps

Sorry, I missed the obvious Google Chrome OS..... I thought it was about the browser!!!!

So its true... age slows the brain

GaryFifer
10th July 2009, 15:30

Google has too much information on all of us. I wonder how they will use that information!

Initially they were a bunch of students who wanted to be different from big companies, but is that still true? Now they are with the big boys will they make things different?

At present the way things are going is what you see on CSI miami TV show where people are using touch screens,so mice will not be used in the future. Windows 7 was on show last few months- looks great,but I will watch to see what Google come up with.

KeithD
10th July 2009, 17:26
Google has too much information on all of us. I wonder how they will use that information!.
I bet I have more on you than they do! :D

By the way....did you pick up that KY Jelly? :rolleyes:

somebody
14th July 2009, 12:03
Google has too much information on all of us. I wonder how they will use that information!

Initially they were a bunch of students who wanted to be different from big companies, but is that still true? Now they are with the big boys will they make things different?

At present the way things are going is what you see on CSI miami TV show where people are using touch screens,so mice will not be used in the future. Windows 7 was on show last few months- looks great,but I will watch to see what Google come up with.

Exactly how will they make the money out of it:Erm:

Oh yeah :rolleyes:

Sadly nothing is free, i think soon many will be wanting to pay for software and keep their infomation.