PDA

View Full Version : visa checks

joebloggs
25th October 2006, 13:41
Hi Keith, or does anyone know if their employer was ever contacted by the british embassy in Manila ??, for my wifes and daughter's settlement visa application, we stayed at my mothers home, and i know she was not contacted, i dont know if where i worked was, the reason is, I've just applied for a settlement visa for my stepson, but on monday my employer went into liquidation, iam still at my job thou, as iam being for now employed by the receiver, but it looks like i will be offered a job by a new company rising up from the ashes of the old one... i was just wundering if anyone knows if the embassy do infact check your details with your employer, with a time difference of 7 or 8 hours, it would be difficult for the embassy to phone them, but what about email ???
anyone know or have any info ??? or even adivce what to do ??
thanks

mark

KeithD
25th October 2006, 13:46
If all yout paperwork is as it should be, they don't do many checks.

joebloggs
25th October 2006, 13:51
thanks Keith,

yes i thought they might not, I included a letter of support from my employer, my p60, bank statements and pay slips also my employement contract, 3td time ive been made redundant in 12 years, and my wife is expecting a baby a week on monday !, at least she works, for the nhs, but becuase she has only worked for 21 weeks, and not 26 weeks out of the last 66 weeks, she cannot claim any maternity pay !!!. what a crazy year ..... :doh

Chrisirene
25th October 2006, 14:16
it would be difficult for the embassy to phone them, but what about email ???

mark

Hi Joebloggs,
I think the TTSPI can help u also for that.....coz they are connected to the UK Embassy :D support@ttspi.com.ph :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
25th October 2006, 14:31
thanks christine i'll have a look :Hellooo:

joebloggs
25th October 2006, 14:33
:doh oh sorry Chrisirene, didnt read your name properly :Brick: :Brick:

sorry again !!!

Chrisirene
25th October 2006, 14:41
Hi Keith, or does anyone know if their employer was ever contacted by the british embassy in Manila ??, for my wifes and daughter's settlement visa application, we stayed at my mothers home, and i know she was not contacted, i dont know if where i worked was, the reason is, I've just applied for a settlement visa for my stepson, but on monday my employer went into liquidation, iam still at my job thou, as iam being for now employed by the receiver, but it looks like i will be offered a job by a new company rising up from the ashes of the old one... i was just wundering if anyone knows if the embassy do infact check your details with your employer, with a time difference of 7 or 8 hours, it would be difficult for the embassy to phone them, but what about email ???
anyone know or have any info ??? or even adivce what to do ??
thanks

mark

:D :D :D :D :D

:doh oh sorry Chrisirene, didnt read your name properly :Brick: :Brick:

sorry again !!!

andypaul
25th October 2006, 21:11
I don't think my Company was contacted by the Embassy. They may randomly check or check indirectly say via the tax office to check your paying the tax it says you are on your payslip who knows?
Most companies now what with data protection and the threat of legal action, try to give out as little info as possible.