PDA

View Full Version : NVQ teaching assistant course

ivyjean
8th July 2009, 13:07
Hi, i was wondering if any of you know who can help me know more about teaching assistant course particularly in special needs?
social health care is the most common that i can read about.
please help.

Alan
8th July 2009, 13:47
Do you mean in the UK?

Al.:)

estherboaz
11th July 2009, 09:00
Supporting Teaching & Learning NVQ 2

This course is designed for individuals who are employed as teaching assistants, working with pupils of any age in primary, secondary or special schools, and who may be new to the occupation and/or whose responsibilities at work are limited in scope. Therefore, it is suitable for candidates who have current real work experience in providing support for learning activities, assisting in the care and support of pupils, reporting on pupil performance and supporting the use of ICT in the classroom. It is awarded by the OCR.

The course content covers the following mandatory units: Help with classroom resources and records, Help with the care and support of pupils, Provide support for learning activities and Provide effective support for your colleagues. The optional optional units are chosen from: Support literacy and numeracy activities in the classroom, Contribute to the management of pupil behaviour, Support the maintenance of pupil safety and security, Contribute to the health and well-being of pupils and Support the use of ICT in the classroom.

http://www.southwark.ac.uk/course-detail.aspx?c_code=8TCASL2