PDA

View Full Version : Certificate??

laurel
7th July 2009, 15:57
Hi Guys do i still need to obtain a certificate of no impediment even if i have a decree absolute ?? Thanks in advance

winner
7th July 2009, 16:28
yes

winner
7th July 2009, 16:28
yes you do

laurel
7th July 2009, 16:30
Ok thanks for the info:)

estherboaz
7th July 2009, 16:44
yap...apply for CNi from your registar and exchange it with Philippine version.

laurel
7th July 2009, 17:14
I have just spoke to my registrar , they say that i can only apply when my g/f's annulment is complete.......is that correct ? , i was hoping to take it with me later this yr.....her annulment was filed earlier this yr and its a long slow process as you all know..thanks again

IainBusby
7th July 2009, 18:09
I have just spoke to my registrar , they say that i can only apply when my g/f's annulment is complete.......is that correct ? , i was hoping to take it with me later this yr.....her annulment was filed earlier this yr and its a long slow process as you all know..thanks again

If she's not free to marry yet then it's pointless applying for a CNI at this stage, because if I remember correctly, the CNI only valid in the Philippines for 3 months from the date of issue. The annulment process can be a very long one with lots of delays along the way, so I wouldn't count on it being over by the end of this year if she only filed for annulment earlier this year.
Iain.

laurel
7th July 2009, 18:56
Thanks....the way the process is i m not banking on anything, annulment certainly wont be finished this year,barring a miracle:NoNo:....Anyway it all makes sense now just got to be patient ,many thanks

trader dave
8th July 2009, 12:51
as already stated CNIis only valid for 3 months so you will be wasting your money :doh

wait untill her situation is sorted :xxgrinning--00xx3: but you could have a long wait:)