PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Fresh Coconut from Philippines..

miss.piggy
3rd July 2009, 13:07
Hi,

Anyone knows a shop selling fresh coconut from the Philippines? An online shop would be best, or atleast a number to phone?

Many thanks!

LadyJ
3rd July 2009, 13:13
Hi,

Anyone knows a shop selling fresh coconut from the Philippines? An online shop would be best, or atleast a number to phone?

Many thanks!

Food cravings? buntis? :D you may want to visit our Barrio Fiesta:xxgrinning--00xx3:

miss.piggy
3rd July 2009, 13:18
Food cravings? buntis? :D you may want to visit our Barrio Fiesta:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I hope it's as simple as that. I've just been out of the hospital yesterday and should say that I am not completely cured. I am still on a set of antibiotics, etc. I've got kidney infection and kidney stone at the same time. I thought fresh coconut could help flush my stone. Cranberry is not excatly an option for me cuz I can't bear the smell and taste.

MarBell379
3rd July 2009, 13:52
sounds painful - good luck with that.
I miss buko pie :(

miss.piggy
3rd July 2009, 14:50
sounds painful - good luck with that.
thanks. miss buko pie as well...surely i'll make one if i get a source for coconut. :-)

eagles
3rd July 2009, 23:09
any coconut water will do.. Not just coming from Phils ( phils is not exporting young coco to the Europe) other asian countries do i guess

MarBell379
4th July 2009, 01:05
will the canned stuff work?

wachovia
4th July 2009, 01:07
If you're in London, sa Camden Town me Filipino store. Pag weekends me fresh buko pero from columbia ata. £3 each. Pero me frozen din if you like at Chinatown, £1.50 ata.

empott
4th July 2009, 03:05
:yikes: 3 GBP? That's very expensive! That's sad, I love buko, I could drink 3 buko a day. Wish it would be easy to ship them to UK.

Mrs Daddy
4th July 2009, 10:26
I hope it's as simple as that. I've just been out of the hospital yesterday and should say that I am not completely cured. I am still on a set of antibiotics, etc. I've got kidney infection and kidney stone at the same time. I thought fresh coconut could help flush my stone. Cranberry is not excatly an option for me cuz I can't bear the smell and taste.

I remember my mum used to drink the juice out from Butong (young coconut) every morning for about less than a year coz I think she had the same complained and that helped her a lot.Is it possible for you to stay in PI for a while to have those:Erm::Erm::Erm:

pennybarry
4th July 2009, 10:28
Hi,

Many thanks!

You can buy Young coconut in can at chinese store. They sell it online. I usually make fruit salad with buko and kaong. My family's favourite.

I live in Laguna and visiting Laguna is not complete without buying buko pie:xxgrinning--00xx3: Our most famous buko pie is The Original (Not so sweet and full of cocomeat). We have Collettes too. More sweety than The Original.

When I travelled Holland I had hand carry of those.:BouncyHappy: If I have visitors at home, that what I used to buy:xxgrinning--00xx3::) Be my guest:Hellooo::Hellooo:

vbkelly
4th July 2009, 11:51
Hi,

Many thanks!

fresh coconut from the philippines? hmmmmmmmm i've never ever seen one miss piggy

vbkelly
4th July 2009, 12:02
have canned coconut in wing yip stores it was .55p per/can but you can bargain it if you buy by box

miss.piggy
4th July 2009, 12:40
Many thanks for all the replies. I'll try looking for the canned ones, but I just can't imagine it being the same as that of fresh coconut. I'll check it out though.

Collettes !!!! My usual travels to the south (when I was still in Manila) would not be complete without buying loads of Collettes! Grabe, sobrang miss ko na pala ang pinas!

I am toying with the idea of coming back to the Philippines actually to recuperate. Then I could have all the buko I need. But the timing is not favourable, so I'll just try and sort myself out while in here.

Salamat sa lahat!

fred
5th July 2009, 05:08
Tell you what...I`ll send you a coconut and you send me a nice smoked ham weighing about the same...What do you reckon??

miss.piggy
8th July 2009, 10:36
Tell you what...I`ll send you a coconut and you send me a nice smoked ham weighing about the same...What do you reckon??

ahahaha...it will only be a good deal if the coconut husk was taken off! :D

fred
9th July 2009, 09:39
ahahaha...it will only be a good deal if the coconut husk was taken off! :D

Damn!! Foiled again!:doh