PDA

View Full Version : CFO Seminar: when????

pacificelectric
2nd July 2009, 18:53
I am getting confused about the timing of the CFO Seminar at St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation, is it supposed to take place before anything else? The French Embassy requests the CFO certificate as part of the documents for the Certificate of Legal Capacity, so I imagine this seminar is the first step to take or am I wrong? Thanks in advance for your input!

Ann07
2nd July 2009, 18:57
I am getting confused about the timing of the CFO Seminar at St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation, is it supposed to take place before anything else? The French Embassy requests the CFO certificate as part of the documents for the Certificate of Legal Capacity, so I imagine this seminar is the first step to take or am I wrong? Thanks in advance for your input!

Depends actually, in my case i took it before i applied for my visa then:)

Sophie
2nd July 2009, 19:01
Depends actually, in my case i took it before i applied for my visa then:)

I agree, it depends :xxgrinning--00xx3: Mine was after my visa got released....

Mrs Daddy
2nd July 2009, 20:32
as far as I remember I did attend the cfo seminar as well after I got my spouse visa!:)

aug06_2006
2nd July 2009, 22:01

Mine, was the same of Ann07. But my cousin from Davao City what she did..she did attend the cfo seminar in Cebu after she got her visa.

empott
3rd July 2009, 03:42
I attended the CFO seminar when I needed to renew my passport. It is one of the requirements if you are married to a foreigner.

aromulus
3rd July 2009, 07:27

Is this what you mean...???:Erm:

"Certificate of Attendance in a pre-marital counseling and family planning seminar conducted by the Division of Maternal and Child Health at the Municipal/City Hall in the same municipality or city where the contracting parties applied for the marriage license."

Because normally the CFO stamp is only released on presentation of a valid Fiancee/Spouse Visa.
Or any visa really.

pacificelectric
3rd July 2009, 08:29
Actually I refer to the CFO Seminar which I understand is run by the St. Mary Euphrasia Something in Cebu or Manila, and from the e-mail I got from them i understand that the French Embassy in Manila had complaints from people who for some reason could not attend such CFO Seminars and they decided to put that as a prerequisite for the certificate of legal capacity but in fact they give the choice and it can be taken in the end of the process, which obviously sounds much more logical.....

Arthur Little
3rd July 2009, 11:37
[SIZE=4] ... normally the CFO stamp is only released on presentation of a valid Fiancee/Spouse Visa.
Or any visa really

Actually I refer to the CFO Seminar which I understand is run by the St. Mary Euphrasia Something in Cebu or Manila, ... but in fact they give the choice and it can be taken in the end of the process, which obviously sounds much more logical.....

:iagree: As Dom says, the CFO stamp (or "sticker", as it's more commonly known) is nowadays NORMALLY only issued on presentation of a VALID VISA, and AFTER consecutively attending the prerequisite SEMINAR for [usually] spouses/civil partners of *foreign nationals ... *which, in THIS case *YOU would be.

adam&chryss
3rd July 2009, 12:11
I attended the CFO seminar when I needed to renew my passport. It is one of the requirements if you are married to a foreigner.

this was my case too :)

PAT
3rd July 2009, 13:52
I attended cfo before I got my visa...

trader dave
3rd July 2009, 23:28
theresa just changed her passport name in the past 2 weeks and you have to attend the cfo TWICE NOW :doh luckily she attended last year so they processed her new name in her passport but she still has to attend again after the visa is in the passport:Erm::Erm:

trader dave
4th July 2009, 12:02
my point was you still have to go to the cfo TWICE which means still travelling to manila or cebu on two occasions one just to get a sticker in a passport :NoNo::Erm::Erm::doh talk about make things difficult