PDA

View Full Version : ILR waiting times

thedug
1st July 2009, 10:13
Hi again folks

My wife is about to submit her application for ILR but I notice a few people have been waiting a while to receive theirs now.

My problem is this - we are booked to go to mexico on December 5th and she will be submitting her application next week by post (as the centres are fully booked until lafter her FLR expires so we cannot doit in person). This gives 5 months from date of application to our travel date.

Will that be long enough to receive her ILR (and passport) back or should we think about changing the dates of our holiday?

I know 12 weeks seems to be the timescale evryone works to but on the Home Office website it states 95% of applications processed within 6 months !

aromulus
1st July 2009, 10:23
I strongly suggest that you also include a note, detailing the urgency, and a few photocopies of hotel bookings, plane tickets, etc.

Good luck:xxgrinning--00xx3:

anngrimes78@msn
2nd July 2009, 00:22
i just submitted mine (ILR application) last june 1st and i was told that it could take up to 12 weeks but if its straight forward it could be sooner than that.
i guess between now and dec, you have enough time so long as all requirements are complete.

thedug
2nd July 2009, 19:24
thanks folks, I'll do both those things you suggested.

I called the home office helpline and they said it should take between 4 and 14 weeks. I just need to hope that those timescales dont change and give them as much info as we can, to make it more straightforward

Thanks again