PDA

View Full Version : Engraved wedding rings...

pacificelectric
29th June 2009, 21:13
My gf told me that it was customary in the Phils to have the wedding rings engraved with the name of the spouse: the husband's ring engraved with the name of the wife and vice versa. Is that so?

Yes I know, she has something in mind.... :omg:

Tawi2
29th June 2009, 21:16
Are you looking for a wife because she is certainly looking for a husband,want a word of advice none of the ladies here will give you?............RUNNNNNNNN:icon_lol:

maria_and_matt
29th June 2009, 21:18
My gf told me that it was customary in the Phils to have the wedding rings engraved with the name of the spouse: the husband's ring engraved with the name of the wife and vice versa. Is that so?

thats true....

Tawi2
29th June 2009, 21:20
The story has taken a strange turn and picked up speed like a runaway car,apply the brakes slightly,slow down because theres a cliff just around the bend :cwm24:

bornatbirth
29th June 2009, 21:20
yep thats true,my wife did the same with our rings.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

im sure shes just talking to you about the culture there!

pacificelectric
29th June 2009, 21:29
The story has taken a strange turn and picked up speed like a runaway car,apply the brakes slightly,slow down because theres a cliff just around the bend :cwm24:

I am discussing wedding rings, not wheel clamps.... :Rasp:

Tawi2
29th June 2009, 21:31
:icon_lol: Dakak is a good place for a honeymoon :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs Daddy
29th June 2009, 21:34
I didnt knew that to be honest till when We bought one and that lady working there told me so:D:D:D

vbkelly
29th June 2009, 21:42

yeah my husband name is on my ring and vise versa:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
29th June 2009, 21:50

Are you looking for a wife because she is certainly looking for a husband,want a word of advice none of the ladies here will give you?............RUNNNNNNNN:icon_lol:

I am discussing wedding rings, not wheel clamps.... :Rasp:

:222::222::transam-front-ramai:transam-front-ramai:Bolt::Bolt: :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

hehe... Our wedding rings aren't engraved if that helps..:)

Mrs.JMajor
29th June 2009, 23:31

Yes, you can put your name to her ring, and her name to yours, likewise

She got something on her mind, yeah! that you both will get marry soon :icon_lol: Have you propose yet.:rolleyes:

pacificelectric
30th June 2009, 05:22
We will meet first in September but insofar as my visit includes a visit to the French Embassy in Manila for the compulsory interview and filing of marriage papers my choice is limited..... :cwm12:

trader dave
30th June 2009, 05:31
engraved wedding rings :yikes: it never even got mentioned by my dear wife :icon_lol::icon_lol: she was not worried about the price or what it looked like it was the meaning that was importent,even if it cost 100 peso :Erm::icon_lol:

i think my advice would be go there and meet your dear lady friend first before i was even thinking about engraved wedding rings :xxgrinning--00xx3:maybe she is planting seeds in your mind:icon_lol::rolleyes:

pacificelectric
30th June 2009, 05:38
:maybe she is planting seeds in your mind:icon_lol::rolleyes:

Pinays are excellent gardeners... :cwm24:

trader dave
30th June 2009, 06:05
you would not believe what sort of gardeners they are :doh and in there gardens there are many bees and many guys get stung:Erm::icon_lol::icon_lol:

i think tawi put it very well just apply the brakes a little :Erm::icon_lol: but of course no lady on here would say that:NoNo::Hellooo::Hellooo::)

aposhark
30th June 2009, 07:31
yeah my husband name is on my ring and vise versa:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rochelyn and I did the same :xxgrinning--00xx3:
However, she was not interested in an engagement ring: "Save your money, dear"

aromulus
30th June 2009, 07:35
We will meet first in September but insofar as my visit includes a visit to the French Embassy in Manila for the compulsory interview and filing of marriage papers my choice is limited..... :cwm12:

Have I missed a chapter or three, in this saga....???:Erm:

estherboaz
30th June 2009, 07:37

yes.especially if you order your ring in a jewelry shop.

Florge
30th June 2009, 07:51
always the couple's choice to have it engraved with their names or not... for my brother's wedding ring, it has the date instead... for mine... probably, not our names... our term of endearment would be a good alternative...

Mich
30th June 2009, 08:03
when you buy your rings, engravings are free :xxgrinning--00xx3: you can have your names and wedding date engraved :)

adam&chryss
30th June 2009, 08:22
we had our wedding rings engraved with our names and the date of our wedding :)

pacificelectric
30th June 2009, 10:02
Have I missed a chapter or three, in this saga....???:Erm:

Well she may fear I will have second thoughts.... you know how French are..... :doh anyway I am ready to do it, so.....

trader dave
30th June 2009, 13:49
http://www.british-filipino.com/

study every word on this site its very good advice:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jem
30th June 2009, 16:45
We got name and date engraved on our wedding rings.. but we didnt know it was tradition. Just something we wanted to do! And we got them in china town in manila! The engraving was free.:)

Ann07
30th June 2009, 17:22

yes its true... vice versa here its my husband who wanted it that way:Erm::D:D

JudyHon
30th June 2009, 21:32
We haven't got engraving on our wedding rings.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding :)

estherboaz
30th June 2009, 21:36
i should not say that its not customary but its the trend now...its still up to you if you want it or not.anyway engraving is free...another thing that is a trend now is diamond inside.diamond inside the ring

Sophie
30th June 2009, 22:50

Yes its true, me and hubby got our rings engraved too with our names and date of our wedding :xxgrinning--00xx3:

meandwifey
9th July 2009, 13:12
yep thats true,my wife did the same with our rings.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

me too :) i like having her name and the date we married engraved in my ring ( not impressed with american backwards date tho :doh )

im sure shes just talking to you about the culture there!

:Rasp: yes im sure she is ,not a slightest hint marraige proposal in there ..... :omg: