PDA

View Full Version : Jobs

kiwiflyer57
27th June 2009, 16:15
I realize that offering jobs on our forum is banned and I understand that.

However, can anyone advise me on a good place to pay for an advert for a job position, as I would prefer the position to be offered to a Mature Filipino person.

Of course, I can advertise in my local paper, but I want to appeal to the Filipino community, main reason is my wife is Filipino, so we look after our own first.

I will welcome any suggestions on where to advertise.
Many thanks.

John

joebloggs
27th June 2009, 16:27
an ad in the window of your local pinoy shop :Erm:

kiwiflyer57
27th June 2009, 17:10
Thanks Joebloggs,
But I live in Chertsey, Surrey and have never seen any Pinoy shops here.
John

nigel
27th June 2009, 18:46
There is a small shop called Mabuhay in Epsom..

estherboaz
27th June 2009, 19:09
you could try this site

http://www.londonjobs.co.uk/

Mrs.JMajor
27th June 2009, 19:11
Thanks Joebloggs,
But I live in Chertsey, Surrey and have never seen any Pinoy shops here.
John
So do you think they will bother to work if they're far from the working place you will offer ? and wonder what kind of job ? you can say it but dont post a link.

kiwiflyer57
27th June 2009, 20:12
Hi Mrs Major,

Well, I cannot say too much as I don't want to break the rules, But my wife Emilie is doing the job at the moment
We didn't really want the job as we are retired and need some time to tour around, But the owner is a good friend of ours, and his previous manager left with family problems.

it is very simple just a bit of book keeping and collecting rents in the office, not outside, but the job offers free accommodation with A fully Equipped kitchen lounge bedroom, shower etc, No electric bills no gas/water bills.
Plus small Salary.
Perhaps you can see why I would like this opportunity to be taken by a Filipono.

However, it has to be a mature reliable Honest person.

That's why I would like it to be offered to someone in our community.
Regards.

John

Mrs.JMajor
27th June 2009, 21:39
Oh, Good luck, hope there is a filipina/filipino near by your place so can grab the job or member here in the forum so can spread the news to fellow pinoys

Tawi2
27th June 2009, 21:44
Chertsey is just down the road from me,can I suggest if you cant find a siutable applicant on this forum you advertise on one of the stalls at the Barrio Fiesta sa London in Hounslow in a few weeks,you will certainly get someone there.

kiwiflyer57
27th June 2009, 23:12
Hi Mrs Major and Tawi2,

Thanks, I already have the date of the festival in my Diary, so will be there./

John

Mrs.JMajor
28th June 2009, 09:36
Yah, you will meet loads of fellow filipinos there,Hmm if I only near your place, I will grab it :rolleyes: (wink) but there is one thing I dont like:icon_lol: the small salary:Cuckoo: joke lang po, I know nmn that she/he dont need to pay any bill eh:D

kiwiflyer57
28th June 2009, 16:10
Well, Emilie and I might see you there, I am sure she will love the event, especially the food.

I keep telling her we can buy some fish in Tescos and leave it out in the sun to dry, but she says it is not the same :Cuckoo:

If we were offered the job last year, before I retired, Emilie would have been happy to earn 130 pocket money with all our accommodation and bills free.

But now we would like to take it easy and travel around a bit, without being tied down.
However, for a mature couple, one working outside the job would be great.

How many people actually have 130 extra after the bills are paid.

See what I mean.:BouncyHappy:

somebody
28th June 2009, 16:19
Ashford Hospital is nearby you. But I would word any advert very carefully as having a racial biased job advert could land you in a lot of hot water if non phills apply and feel they have been turned down simply due to race.

Many of the Indian/chinese takeaways now employing non indians. Before they could get away with it as people would most likely have a choice of job applications, so would not follow up on rasing their concerns..

Tawi2
28th June 2009, 16:26
I know quite a few nurses in Ashford Hospital,I can ask around,Stanwell is right next to the hospital but the pinays I know there are working on the airport :Erm:

kiwiflyer57
28th June 2009, 19:46
Many thanks.

Yes Ashford is not far away,If one partner worked at the hospital and the other partner did the job here in Chertsey, it could work out very well.

If anyone would like to email me on kiwiflyer77@yahoo.co.uk, I can give a few more details.

We have promised to run the office for 4 weeks, so another 3 weeks to go, so if the right acceptable person comes along, that is accepted by the owner, we could train and then have more time to travel as planned.
However, we won't do anything until a suitable person is found.

Of course, I realise that advertising for a Filipino is against the rules, it is only my suggestion and idea to look for such a person, because I know the person in question would come from the right caring background.

Thanks both for you posts.

John

anita.patt
9th July 2009, 21:33
Hi Everyone!!

Hope you are well.

Job search is simple but should be done prudently.

Check for local companies and apply to the posts you fit in:

You can do this by browsing for local companies in your area and then applying via their site or contact e-mail id.
Next, try for recruitment and HR agencies to reach more companies and if you are open for other locations apart from your current place do the same thing for those areas and put "Ready or Open for relocation to the the following places and list the cities.

There are scams in any field. The one that you listed can probably be a reluctant organization and in that case they might be of any help. Forget and move on to the next.

Also as always remember :

Any company will not ask you to pay for joining their work. If they ask you to pay then it is better to avoid such companies and go for the next.
There are lot of scams in Oil and Gas , Online Jobs etc. Be on watch-out always.

Do your homework and research to avoid getting burnt!!

Hope it helps :).

Regards

Anita Patt

KeithD
10th July 2009, 08:53
The reason I do not allow job ads is that specifically asking for a Filipina is against EU/UK law.

kiwiflyer57
10th July 2009, 10:19
Fair enough Keith,

I fully understand the reason.

John