PDA

View Full Version : FLR granted

equaliser
21st October 2006, 12:46
Hi guys

Ashley just received her FLR(M) today and we are both very happy. Only took 2 weeks. She is hoping to get a job soon , and I am hoping to spend her wages soon :)

Brian and Ashley

MaEzKe
22nd October 2006, 09:52
Hello Brian and Ashley, Congratulations!!!

I am new here and still new to this visa/immigration thing. Is the FLR same with Indefinite Stay? I am currebtly holding Spouse visa which will expire on Dec next year. I heard that it is very hard to apply for indefinite stay as you need to produce at least 20 requirements. I am worried about this bec we are just living with my husband's nan. I don't even know where or how to get the applications for this.

Goodluck for her new job.

Milou.

KeithD
22nd October 2006, 10:41
Indefinite leave extension is just a formality, and nothing to worry about. Never heard of anyone not getting it, just do it with plenty of time to spare.

MaEzKe
24th October 2006, 10:13
Thanks Keith.

maldita
1st November 2006, 00:15
Congratulations Brian and Ashley!

I can't wait to get my FLR. I'm sooooo looking forward to joining the workforce again.

britoy
2nd November 2006, 21:07
congrats! :)

I also got my FLR today. Was supposed to go directly to london to apply for it but the lady from the call center we phoned suggested that we can go directly to liverpool since its near our area. We payed £500 and we got the visa just after an hour. They were not the keen when it comes to requirements, unlike when we applied for the visa. Maybe its because we are already married. So now..next step is to start collecting requirements so that we wont be able to have a hard time presenting evidence when we apply for our ILR after 2 years..

and yup...yay! im legal for 2 years and i cant wait to work...

scotsfiancee
2nd November 2006, 21:14
Congrat's guys. How long does it takes in passport ammendment? And can you give me the exact tel no. for the FLR pls?

Thank you so much

Cheers!!

britoy
2nd November 2006, 21:54
Congrat's guys. How long does it takes in passport ammendment? And can you give me the exact tel no. for the FLR pls?

Thank you so much

Cheers!!

Well when it comes to the passport amendment, u have 2 choices, Either u apply in person for £500 and get it done on the same day or by post for £335, which actually takes longer (around 2-14 weeks).

U can ring either the office in...

CROYDON
Public Enquiry Office
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Rd.
Croydon CR 2BY
Tel: 0870 606 7766

BIRMINGHAM
Public Enquiry Office
Dominion Court
41 Station Rd.
Solihull
Birmingham B91 3RT
Tel: 0121 704 5450

LIVERPOOL
Public Enquiry Office
Reliance House
20 Water Street
Liverpool L2 8XU
Tel: 0151 237 0405 AND 0151 237 0473

GLASGOW
Public Enquiry Office
Festival Court
200 Brand Steet
Govan
Glasgow G51 1DH
Tel: Tel: 0141 555 1258

OR...U can call their call center at 0870 606 7766

all are for appointments...

i hope this helps :xxgrinning--00xx3:

equaliser
16th November 2006, 13:59
Ashley has now been offered a job as a care assistant in a home for physically disabled, and she will start work on Monday. She is very happy about it. :)

KeithD
16th November 2006, 17:07
I'm disabled.....when will she be calling round?? :D

ginapeterb
16th November 2006, 19:36
Ashley has now been offered a job as a care assistant in a home for physically disabled, and she will start work on Monday. She is very happy about it. :)

Ashley congratulations on your job offer, Gina and I are very happy for you, when Gina came here, it was very hard for her, she applied and applied, and got no responses, but sometimes there is something around the corner, we are ecstatic for you, and your husband must be so pleased, Gina started off working in one job, but she did not like it, then an opening came with local government to work as a Bio-medical scientist, she has now been in her current career for 6 months, and is in the pension scheme, if you put your mind to it, you can slide into this country very easily, she often remarks about how there is "No resentment to her" from the locals, best wishes

Pete and Gina

equaliser
16th November 2006, 19:56
Thanks Pete and Gina , Ashley is looking forward to it.

And Keith , what sort of services do you require??

KeithD
16th November 2006, 21:38
And Keith , what sort of services do you require??

Veeeeeeeeeeeeeery dangerous question to ask a scouser :D

proud2bepinay
2nd December 2006, 11:30
hi there i'm a pinay based in northern ireland, just need some tips on how to apply for an flr and how soon can we apply for it after getting married. i saw your message stating you've got one already maybe you can give us some insights..salamat

KeithD
2nd December 2006, 14:43
Have a search, plenty of info on here :)

proud2bepinay
4th December 2006, 18:29
Hi guys

Ashley just received her FLR(M) today and we are both very happy. Only took 2 weeks. She is hoping to get a job soon , and I am hoping to spend her wages soon :)

Brian and Ashley

hey there brian and ashley, we're thomas and grace from bangor!!! congratulations on getting ashley's FLR. perhaps we can meet up sometime if both of you are not busy. send us a PM and perhaps we can swap phone numbers or something. grace is a bit homesick since she arrived here in uk last nov. 18 and would love to meet a fellow filipina.....all the best!!

thomas and grace

tiger@tigress
4th December 2006, 22:55
Hi guys

Brian and Ashley

Ashley congratulations on your job offer!:Hellooo: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

russ01539
4th December 2006, 23:06
Ashley - good luck on your second attempt to get your NI number - asawa ko got hers today - but still no success on the job front despite many applications. :-(.

russ01539
4th December 2006, 23:08
She even thought about applying to be Page 3 model. lol - when you chat her next please talk her out of that line of thought, she has the assets but i am a really selfish guy if u know what i mean.

equaliser
5th December 2006, 00:12
Thanks guys for the support.

"Russ01539 .....She even thought about applying to be Page 3 model. lol - when you chat her next please talk her out of that line of thought,"
I don't know about that Russ , maybe the guys need to do a visual check first :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thomas and Grace , I tried to PM you but you need to enable it first. PM us when you get it sorted and I'm sure we can meet up sometime

Brian and Ashley

gingxrick
5th December 2006, 10:02
All the best for the future Brian and ashley, So how is Ashley liking her job ?? i
:xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

equaliser
9th December 2006, 13:49
Thanks gingxrick

Ashley is finding her job a bit difficult as it is 12 hour shifts and involves lifting patients. As you know , filipinas sometimes feel like they are living in the land of giants in the U.K

gingxrick
9th December 2006, 17:13
Hi Brian / Ashley,
Yes I know how Ashley must feel I used to work with the old people, but it could just be a stop over job while Ashley is looking for a better job Brian, the 12 hour shift isn't very good, but there will be better times to come for both of you.. take care Ashley not to hurt your back.:xxgrinning--00xx3: