PDA

View Full Version : Nvq

Irishia
24th June 2009, 14:49
Hi everybody!!

I am planning to join NVQ i need a lot of information!

1. Will i be able to work while i am doing it?

2. How much can i earn.

3. Will i be able to bring my husband after a while as a dependent.

Thanks in advance

Cheers,
Iriz

Tawi2
24th June 2009, 14:54
As far as I am aware you cant bring your husband as a dependant,what you earn depends upon the job your doing,and as a studemt your allowed to work 20 hours a week:Erm:

pennybarry
24th June 2009, 15:05
Hi everybody!!

I am planning to join NVQ i need a lot of information!

1. Will i be able to work while i am doing it?

2. How much can i earn.

3. Will i be able to bring my husband after a while as a dependent.

Thanks in advance

Cheers,
Iriz

You will earn 20 hrs (allowed maximum hrs for students) X rate 6 £/hr (i.e.) = 120£/week

Your expenses maybe 60-100 £ / week for accommodation rent

Food (depends)

Student visa cannot sponsor a husband. It will take long time until you are fully settled with good job and applied citizenship. It may take 5 years up not a while:D and cost a fortune.

Tawi2
24th June 2009, 15:08
Could be worse penny,if she were in Holland she would be allowed to work 10 hours a week as a student :Erm:

pennybarry
24th June 2009, 15:17
Could be worse penny,if she were in Holland she would be allowed to work 10 hours a week as a student :Erm:

Yes, maybe thats why there's only few students applicants in Holland. I met nurses there whose visa were AU Pair. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Irishia
24th June 2009, 15:34
As far as I am aware you cant bring your husband as a dependant,what you earn depends upon the job your doing,and as a studemt your allowed to work 20 hours a week:Erm:

Thanks for the info!!

So what happen after the training?

will i able to get work permit?

Tawi2
24th June 2009, 15:36
I dont think so,its a study visa,the guy I knew had one returned to Manila after completing his studies,its a student visa after all,its not classed as a works permit,thats something entirely different.

Irishia
24th June 2009, 15:40

Oh goodness!

Way to start!

I really want to take social care course as for the info i gather colleges are not accredited to have PSW if i go for university will i be able to get my husband and
will i be able to get PSW after completion of the degree?

As for my husband will he be able to work full time while i study?

Is there any other course you guys would recommend which charge less.

Cheers,
Iriz

Tawi2
24th June 2009, 15:41
If your a student here your husband has no right to work and he wont get into the UK on a dependant visa,thats a 100% fact :NoNo:

Tawi2
24th June 2009, 15:44
Times are changing,the days when it was easy to get into UK are long gone,and a husband cant get a dependant visa if his wife is a student,dependant visa means he is depending on her,how can she support both when she is only allowed to work restricted hours earning barely enough to cover her own expenses whilst studying?And your husband will have no right to work whatsoever,thats the rules,check them out.

Irishia
24th June 2009, 15:49
Times are changing,the days when it was easy to get into UK are long gone,and a husband cant get a dependant visa if his wife is a student,dependant visa means he is depending on her,how can she support both when she is only allowed to work restricted hours earning barely enough to cover her own expenses whilst studying?And your husband will have no right to work whatsoever,thats the rules,check them out.

Thanks!!!

Mrs.JMajor
24th June 2009, 15:53
Thanks!!!
Its not that easy of what you think UK entrance is...sorry to disappoint you but Tawi is damn right its not that easy.

Tawi2
24th June 2009, 15:58
Iriz,always be careful of agencies,agents,or fixers who promise you everything just to get their hands on your money,its true what I said,your allowed to work 20 hours a week only,and your husband cant come to the UK as your dependant,anyone who has told you otherwise has an ulterior motive,maybe to get school fees or funds from you under false pretences,be careful of such people :NoNo:

pennybarry
24th June 2009, 17:31
My computation for your earnings above was gross. The government will need to deduct tax and insurance.

That's why you really need to have millions of peso in your account. As everything is expensive here.:doh

Tawi2
24th June 2009, 18:12
Its the land of milk and honey :icon_lol:

pennybarry
24th June 2009, 18:20

That is what some Pinoy thinks. UK poundland, bed of roses :action-smiley-081:
But the truth is you need to work to get on with the high cost of living.

Sophie
24th June 2009, 18:22

Except it's not for free, lol :D:D:D

Tawi2
24th June 2009, 18:27
Of course its free,dont you know?Get your student visa,once you have that your hubbie can come and work,his mum can come over for her heart operation,your neighbour can come to look after your children,and you can earn enough $$££$$££ in 3 months to build a Malacañang sized palace in your barrio so all the neighbours are jealous :REDancedancer08::REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1::REDancedancer08::REGamblMoney01HL1:

joebloggs
24th June 2009, 18:45

:doh

3) If you wish to bring your spouse/civil partner/unmarried partner and/or dependant children to the UK with you, it is best if they apply for entry clearance at the same time as you. Their application form should make clear that they are accompanying you and that you will be here as a student. If they do not apply at the same time as you, they should make sure that they include in their application a copy of your passport identity page, a copy of your UK student visa and if possible, a letter from the University confirming your status here (this letter can be obtained from the Undergraduate Office or Graduate Schools Office). Again, their application form should state clearly that they are accompanying you and that you will be here as a student. In all cases, they should check before arriving in the UK that their visa gives them dependant status. If a mistake is made and they arrive in the UK with visitor status, it is difficult to correct this error in the UK. Dependants should be given the same period of leave as the student.

In most cases, if your visa is for 12 months or more, your spouse will be allowed to work in the UK. He or she should check the visa stamp carefully for the conditions that have been applied. However, you will need to demonstrate that you can accommodate and maintain yourself and your dependants without recourse to public funds and without relying on any potential future income in the UK, as this income is not guaranteed. Your dependants may also study part or full-time if they wish

Tawi2
24th June 2009, 18:47
We live and learn :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
24th June 2009, 19:28
Altthough my favorite sunday show at skythree is UK border force, obtaining a student visa is not that easy, you need to prove them or your sponsor that they can support you, studying here in the UK is a fortune, you will need to produce or your sponsor a strong financial capability, and base as what i watch in TV, some students visa had to be interview at Heathrow. loads of question.

joebloggs
24th June 2009, 20:08
We live and learn :xxgrinning--00xx3:

in fact a student visa dependent, even thou they are a dependent does not face the restrictions of only working 20hrs a week :icon_lol: :Cuckoo:

but your right may not be easy to get for dependents.
:D

pinayinnorwich
25th June 2009, 18:51
I think it's worth writing to the Home Office regarding this. You can come to the UK and take up an NVQ course, while you work up to 40 hours. It is possible to bring your husband over (many international post graduate students at universities have their entire family with them) and he would be allowed to work. But for more details I suggest you get in touch with the Home Office, or visit http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/.

Tawi2
25th June 2009, 19:23
Are you certain its 40 hours pinay?My brother-in-law in the past few years has paid for courses for several of his nieces to study here(and work in his restaurant)they were all specifically told 20 hours :Erm:

joebloggs
25th June 2009, 21:09
Are you certain its 40 hours pinay?My brother-in-law in the past few years has paid for courses for several of his nieces to study here(and work in his restaurant)they were all specifically told 20 hours :Erm:

student visa, you can only work 20hrs a week in term time, nvq was in the past mostly a work placement (probably paid) but recently the rules were changed so you have to spend half the time in class room ( the gov knows the nvq was being abused as a type of work permit)

but work paid or unpaid is work, and your right it should be only 20hrs week, but seems to be a bit of confusion as whether your time on your placement is counted.

Tawi2
25th June 2009, 21:13
Yeah,thats more in keeping with what I observed in the restaurant(even though they all did at least twice that amount of hours,but only because they were family and wanted money for a car)most employers nowadays are aware of the tightening restrictions :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
25th June 2009, 21:29
Yeah,thats more in keeping with what I observed in the restaurant(even though they all did at least twice that amount of hours,but only because they were family and wanted money for a car)most employers nowadays are aware of the tightening restrictions :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i'm sure many on an nvq in the past did a 40 hr wk paid placement, then also did the 20 hrs a week term time their entitled to work (so doing 60hrs awk !). but now for nvq you have to spend half the time in a class room, and i would have thought if your doing a placement and get paid or not you shouldn't be able also able to work for 20hrs a week outside your palcement, but seems a grey area to me :doh