1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 medium onion, minced
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
450 g (1 lb) chicken breast or thigh meat, deboned and cubed
1 small potato, diced
1 small carrot, diced
250 ml (1 cup) water or chicken broth
100 g (1 cup) green peas (thawed, if frozen)
100 g (1/2 cup) raisins (optional)
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Chicken Empanada Instructions:

To make the Crust, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.

Cut in the butter and shortening with a knife or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in the iced water, a little at a time while gathering the mixture to form a soft dough.

Form the dough into a ball. Sprinkle some flour onto a sheet of waxed paper and wrap dough in the waxed paper. Chill 30 minutes in the refrigerator.

To make the Filling, heat the oil and butter in a skillet. Add onions and saute about 1 minute, then add garlic and saute a further 1 minute. Add the cubed chicken meat and stir-fry until the chicken browns.

Add potatoes and carrots and cook 2-3 minutes. Stir in water or broth and simmer until potatoes and carrots are tender and chicken is fully cooked.

Add peas and raisins and simmer a further 2–3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. With a slotted spoon, drain ingredients and transfer to a bowl, letting excess liquid drip. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool.

Preheat oven to 200° C (400° F). Remove chilled dough from refrigerator. Lightly flour a pastry board or clean table top. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough on a pastry board until it is 3 mm (1/8 in) thick. Don’t roll it too thin or it will break when baked. Cut 10 cm (4 in) circles using a cutter and a small bowl.

Gather the scraps and re-roll them so they can be used again. You should get about 20 pastry circles.

Spoon about 1-2 teaspoons Filling into the middle of each pastry circle. Fold the circle so the edges meet and filling is sealed. Press the edges of the pastry with the tines of a fork.

Combine lightly beaten egg with 1 tablespoon of water. Brush surface of each folded puff with egg mixture. Arrange on a greased baking sheet. With a knife make 2-3 slits on the surface of each puff to allow steam to escape while baking.

Bake puffs in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside for a few minutes to cool before serving.

Sophie
24th June 2009, 14:16
Yehey :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy: Thanks so much charl, mwah! :xxgrinning--00xx3::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Tawi2
24th June 2009, 14:17
Posh name for a pasty :Erm:

Ann07
24th June 2009, 14:20
one of our favorites sarap wahhhhhhhhhhh

thanks char:D:xxgrinning--00xx3: Kalbo likes it soo muchhhh:D

charlwill
24th June 2009, 14:20
Yehey :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy: Thanks so much charl, mwah! :xxgrinning--00xx3::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:
It's a pleasure, my dear!!!

Posh name for a pasty :Erm:
Very true! but never taste like cornish pasty.

charlwill
24th June 2009, 14:22
one of our favorites sarap wahhhhhhhhhhh

thanks char:D:xxgrinning--00xx3: Kalbo likes it soo muchhhh:D
You're welcome, Ann.

bornatbirth
24th June 2009, 14:23
sarap!!!!!!!!!!! as usual :xxgrinning--00xx3::D

charlwill
24th June 2009, 14:25
sarap!!!!!!!!!!! as usual :xxgrinning--00xx3::D

:xxgrinning--00xx3: BAB.

Mrs.JMajor
24th June 2009, 14:48
Gosh sarap, cant help it mouth watering:BouncyHappy::cwm12:

Mrs Daddy
24th June 2009, 19:29
delicious :)

charlwill
24th June 2009, 19:30
Gosh sarap, cant help it mouth watering:BouncyHappy::cwm12:

delicious :)
So, ladies what are you waiting for?

Mrs Daddy
24th June 2009, 19:31
its copy and paste ate charl so that I could print it out and book bind it to my other recipes:D

adam&chryss
24th June 2009, 19:33
yummy!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

charlwill
24th June 2009, 19:36
its copy and paste ate charl so that I could print it out and book bind it to my other recipes:D
Good, then practice baking. Hey I thought you're in Conwy? Have you seen ate Ping yet?

Mrs Daddy
24th June 2009, 19:40
Good, then practice baking. Hey I thought you're in Conwy? Have you seen ate Ping yet?

I was ate charl and be back again this coming first week of july and we`ll see them both then (mr and mrs Boss) as they were busy last time came back from vegas and have to collect my pasalubong:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

charlwill
24th June 2009, 19:43
I was ate charl and be back again this coming first week of july and we`ll see them both then (mr and mrs Boss) as they were busy last time came back from vegas and have to collect my pasalubong:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
Oh ok, you have pasalubong? He he he he...

Mrs Daddy
24th June 2009, 19:45
Oh ok, you have pasalubong? He he he he...

Dont tell ate ping and The boss they didn`t know:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

charlwill
24th June 2009, 19:49
Dont tell ate ping and The boss they didn`t know:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
Ah ok, I will keep my mouth shut then.

Pepe n Pilar
24th June 2009, 19:52
Wowow !!! looks yummy....:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I will try this next time...
Thanks Charl....:)

Cheers!:Hellooo:

tiN
24th June 2009, 21:54
thanks ate charl, u made us all very busy :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

i dont know what to bake/cook first :doh:doh:D:D:D:D

charlwill
24th June 2009, 22:42
Wowow !!! looks yummy....:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I will try this next time...
Thanks Charl....:)

Cheers!:Hellooo:
Ok, you're welcome.

thanks ate charl, u made us all very busy :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

i dont know what to bake/cook first :doh:doh:D:D:D:D
Yes, Tin. I prefer myself to be busy rather than nosey. Lolz, just kidding Tin. Do the easy one first.

Pepe n Pilar
24th June 2009, 23:39
Ok, you're welcome.

Yes, Tin. I prefer myself to be busy rather than nosey. Lolz, just kidding Tin. Do the easy one first.

I agree with you Charl it's better to be busy than nosey.. Make something profitable...:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

charlwill
24th June 2009, 23:41
I agree with you Charl it's better to be busy than nosey.. Make something profitable...:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Hey, Iye. Where have you been? I never seen you online today?

Pepe n Pilar
24th June 2009, 23:48
Hey, Iye. Where have you been? I never seen you online today?

Awww sorry Charl... I was out the whole day. When i got back from work i had so many unread posts:omg:. .... I was laughing reading the thread about fart hehehe. :xxgrinning--00xx3:.and also about the cheating gf... I'm glad it was sorted out...:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I did some shopping Charl... that is what i do SHOP... SPEND...... when i'm bored....huh! i'm bored??!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::doh

charlwill
24th June 2009, 23:58
Awww sorry Charl... I was out the whole day today. When i got back from work i had so many unread posts:omg:. .... I was laughing reading the thread about fart hehehe. :xxgrinning--00xx3:.and also about the cheating gf... I'm glad it was sorted out...:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I did some shopping Charl... that is what i do SHOP... SPEND...... when i'm bored....huh! i'm bored??!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
That's a good cure for boredom.... A RETAIL THERAPY. But that's ok as long as your happy.

Florge
25th June 2009, 04:12
with all this recipes going around... should we have another folder all about recipes? Mods, watyatink?

Florge
25th June 2009, 04:14
Awww sorry Charl... I was out the whole day. When i got back from work i had so many unread posts:omg:. .... I was laughing reading the thread about fart hehehe. :xxgrinning--00xx3:.and also about the cheating gf... I'm glad it was sorted out...:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I did some shopping Charl... that is what i do SHOP... SPEND...... when i'm bored....huh! i'm bored??!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::doh

nyahahahaha.... i like it... you're bored! :Rasp:

Jay&Zobel
25th June 2009, 12:15
xxgrinning--00xx3:

That's a good cure for boredom.... A RETAIL THERAPY. But that's ok as long as your happy.

nyahahahaha.... i like it... you're bored! :Rasp:

Desperate Housewives of FilUK forum!!! lol...
:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
25th June 2009, 12:50
Desperate Housewives of FilUK forum!!! lol...
:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

nigel
25th June 2009, 15:28
Wow! That looks de-li-c-ious!:) I'm going to print your post and put it on our fridge with some of them magnet thingys!:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

Then maybe "someone" might cook it for me!:rolleyes:

:BouncyHappy::cwm12::BouncyHappy:

charlwill
25th June 2009, 15:45
Wow! That looks de-li-c-ious!:) I'm going to print your post and put it on our fridge with some of them magnet thingys!:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

Then maybe "someone" might cook it for me!:rolleyes:

:BouncyHappy::cwm12::BouncyHappy:
I am very glad you like it. Yes, let your wife cook for you or you can cook it for your wife. :D:icon_lol: