PDA

View Full Version : jobs in UK for newly grad

miracleman
24th June 2009, 09:35
I am a newly graduate of nursing, is there a chance that you could work there without a nursing experience?

pennybarry
24th June 2009, 10:04
I am a newly graduate of nursing, is there a chance that you could work there without a nursing experience?

I remember my niece who asked same question as yours.

he passed her board exam, had 1 year experience but as company nurse and I said NOT likely because UK now prioritize nurses from EU countries. Just advised her to file resignation as company nurse, review IELTS and try to work in hospital. Same what my other nurse niece did. She made it and chose NZ not UK :D:D

If you have time to visit POEA website, you will notice almost all hospital needs hospital experience. UK is much higher standard I'm afraid they need more qualifications.

miracleman
24th June 2009, 11:08
I remember my niece who asked same question as yours.

he passed her board exam, had 1 year experience but as company nurse and I said NOT likely because UK now prioritize nurses from EU countries. Just advised her to file resignation as company nurse, review IELTS and try to work in hospital. Same what my other nurse niece did. She made it and chose NZ not UK :D:D

If you have time to visit POEA website, you will notice almost all hospital needs hospital experience. UK is much higher standard I'm afraid they need more qualifications.

thanks for the reply. BTW, i have a cousin, she went to NZ, but through an agency. but when she arrived there, she needs to study 1st, i am not sure about it. maybe you could provide some reputable agencies, just even for NZ.

pennybarry
26th June 2009, 06:23
thanks for the reply. BTW, i have a cousin, she went to NZ, but through an agency. but when she arrived there, she needs to study 1st, i am not sure about it. maybe you could provide some reputable agencies, just even for NZ.

Yes. I knew some agencies that offers free program study for those nurses who passed the board but failed failed their IELTS and didn't take their IELTS. They were offered caregiving job but they have contract for 2 years. If they passed their IELTS there, then they have chance to work in hospital with good pay. The cost of placement fee is a fortune too but good for those who really want to leave Pinas.

miracleman
27th June 2009, 01:28
Yes. I knew some agencies that offers free program study for those nurses who passed the board but failed failed their IELTS and didn't take their IELTS. They were offered caregiving job but they have contract for 2 years. If they passed their IELTS there, then they have chance to work in hospital with good pay. The cost of placement fee is a fortune too but good for those who really want to leave Pinas.

penny, maybe you could share those agencies here and the requirements needed.

thanks

miracleman
27th June 2009, 09:21

penny, maybe you could share with us the agencies for NZ, and the requirements needed.

thanks.

somebody
27th June 2009, 10:19
Be careful the Wife found out a friend of hers has come over fully trained Nurse i understand.

She is here still studying but they have her working ie studying and practical 12 hours a day:Erm: on a student visa.

Which does not quite sound right but when we checked it out on her behalf it was all ok in the eyes of UK visas.
But the pay is not very high once board, food and other expenses is taken into consdieration.

miracleman
27th June 2009, 10:36
Be careful the Wife found out a friend of hers has come over fully trained Nurse i understand.

She is here still studying but they have her working ie studying and practical 12 hours a day:Erm: on a student visa.

Which does not quite sound right but when we checked it out on her behalf it was all ok in the eyes of UK visas.
But the pay is not very high once board, food and other expenses is taken into consdieration.

what do you mean by that? that's in UK right? so she's a student there in UK then working at the same time? if ever she is, what was her work? is it related in the medical field?

simplyxiao
28th June 2009, 12:05
ive heard it in tv patrol being reported few days ago that uk is inviting nursing graduate from the phils even if they havent passed the board yet. they will come here on a student visa but allowed to work. they need around 300,000 pesos for processing. am not that sure as to how it is done because its not well explained during the report.

estherboaz
28th June 2009, 13:26
Nvq?

joebloggs
28th June 2009, 14:30
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/pinoy-migration/06/17/09/uk-still-needs-more-filipina-nurses-and-carers

£3,500 + :NoNo:

Tawi2
28th June 2009, 14:41
"But CCT clarified that there is an initial corresponding free of 3,500 pounds (P300,000) to cover training,"

If its free how come it costs £3500?freudian slip?:Erm:

somebody
28th June 2009, 17:12
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/pinoy-migration/06/17/09/uk-still-needs-more-filipina-nurses-and-carers

£3,500 + :NoNo:

Phill sparkies and Plumbers!!

Dont know about the Plumbers but i have seen plenty of bell wired houses in Phill which could do with a 17th edtion regs trained Sparkie!!:D

Hmm thats a thought I could start up a school training pinoy Sparkies and Plumbers

Tawi2
28th June 2009, 17:14
Have you seen pinoy electrics :omg: as for plumbing and drains :NoNo:

somebody
28th June 2009, 17:20
Have you seen pinoy electrics :omg: as for plumbing and drains :NoNo:

Yep hence the bellwire comment. But much of it we know is down to the root of all evil money.

But i bet there are men and women who have the skills if trained up and the materials are there:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
28th June 2009, 17:24
When I was there earlier this year a college in Larena was offering fast-track welding courses,21,000 pesos I think for the three month course,the lecturer told me some guys would be able to get a job in the middle-east on the strength of the qualification they earned :Erm:

George David B
2nd July 2009, 22:28
Can someone help me, please ? My bf in Gensan has just taken his board exam at the end of 4 years' training. He wants to come to the UK to live with me and to work as a nurse, but the dean of his nursing school is advising him to do more training in a hospital there first. Is that necessary, or can he come here now, assuming he passes the board exam, and then do whatever the NMC requires ? We've been apart for 2 years now and the prospect of continuing separation is not attractive !

miracleman
3rd July 2009, 07:39
Can someone help me, please ? My bf in Gensan has just taken his board exam at the end of 4 years' training. He wants to come to the UK to live with me and to work as a nurse, but the dean of his nursing school is advising him to do more training in a hospital there first. Is that necessary, or can he come here now, assuming he passes the board exam, and then do whatever the NMC requires ? We've been apart for 2 years now and the prospect of continuing separation is not attractive !

by the way what is NMC?

darren-b
3rd July 2009, 07:57
by the way what is NMC?

Nursing and Midwifery Council. http://www.nmc-uk.org/

GaryFifer
7th July 2009, 01:10
This might sound odd. Get a job as a porter or cleaner at your nearby hospital then you can get the insiders NHS bulletin.Then do some social networking.