PDA

View Full Version : Special Ensaimada

charlwill
23rd June 2009, 22:28
Hey, ladies. Here's now my recipe for the yummy ensaimada. Enjoy!!!!

Special Ensaimada

Ingredients
4 teaspoonfuls of yeast
1/3 cup of lukewarm water
1 1/2 teaspoonfuls of white sugar
1/2 cup diluted evaporated milk or undiluted whole milk
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 melted butter
5 egg yolks
4 cups unsifted all-purpose flour (after measuring sift flour)
grated mild white or yellow cheese, white sugar, softened butter for top or filling

Directions:

1. Dissolve yeast and 1 1/2 teaspoonful of white sugar in lukewarm water. Mix until bubbly then set aside.

2. Mix everything together until blended well and smooth.

3. Transfer dough into a greased bowl, let rise for one hour, then form into a log, flatten out and fill with cheese or butter (optional), or just coil into a snail shape in a greased pan.

4. For individual cakes, divide the dough in equal pieces, roll into logs and coil or knot and place in greased muffin tins.

5. Let rise for another hour, then brush with butter. Bake in a preheated 300°F (160C) oven for 25 minutes or until lightly brown.

6. Cool completely, slather with butter, dust with sugar and top with grated cheese, if desired.

Sophie
23rd June 2009, 22:32
hmmmm... nice one charl, looks yummy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
23rd June 2009, 22:43
your photos always look like so good! did you work in a bakery or just at home?

your family must love your cooking and baking :xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Jay&Zobel
23rd June 2009, 22:45
ahhh ensaimada!! lol i was thinking empanada the whole time lol... forgive me... hahaha...

yep, your family is so lucky to have you!! pde ampunin mo ko? lol

Jay&Zobel
23rd June 2009, 22:50
Diluted & undiluted lol... please unlock difficulties hehehe

cheers

charlwill
23rd June 2009, 23:16
your photos always look like so good! did you work in a bakery or just at home?

your family must love your cooking and baking :xxgrinning--00xx3::D
I just love cooking and baking and I do it at home and I just love taking photos on what am I doing. But, that doesn't mean that I am BORED.

Sophie
23rd June 2009, 23:22
I just love cooking and baking and I do it at home and I just love taking photos on what am I doing. But, that doesn't mean that I am BORED.

Same here charl :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I love to cook now too and bake as well, whether i'm bored or not, but mostly when i'm hungry, lol :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:icon_lol::icon_lol:
And of course for my hubby to munch, lol.....besides, its always a pleasure cooking for our hubby's :xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Pepe n Pilar
23rd June 2009, 23:30
Wow Ang galing naman... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:Can i build a house near you?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cheers!...:)

tiN
24th June 2009, 11:08

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: 200% agree with u charl:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

adam&chryss
24th June 2009, 11:20
ahhh ensaimada!! lol i was thinking empanada the whole time lol... forgive me... hahaha...

that's what i was thinking too before opening the thread :icon_lol:

sarap naman nyan :)

charlwill
24th June 2009, 11:57

He he he. Sure, pwedeng pwede. If you want empanada recipe, I've got that as well.

Same here charl :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I love to cook now too and bake as well, whether i'm bored or not, but mostly when i'm hungry, lol :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:icon_lol::icon_lol:
And of course for my hubby to munch, lol.....besides, its always a pleasure cooking for our hubby's :xxgrinning--00xx3::D
Yes, very true! yes, it is indeed a pleasure and a joy cooking foods for our husband.

Wow Ang galing naman... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:Can i build a house near you?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cheers!...:)
He he he. We should build a housing estate here in UK para sa mga Pinay na may asawa na Brits. Ang saya siguro, ano? Tapos ang katabi ko swerte.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: 200% agree with u charl:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
Thanks and it's a pleasure sharing with it you guys.

Salamat!

Sophie
24th June 2009, 12:22
[QUOTE=charlwill;145479]He he he. Sure, pwedeng pwede. If you want empanada recipe, I've got that as well.

Wow, i was just craving for pork and chicken empanada of red ribbon last night, i miss it so much :bigcry::bigcry:
pahingi naman recipe nyan charl so i can make one here.....just to satisfy my cravings, hehehe :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
24th June 2009, 12:24
I DON'T CALL IT BOREDOM but TALENT & CREATIVITY!!!

Thanks Ma'am for sharing all your yummilicious recipes!!! I'll try them soon I promise (we ran out of eggs & condensed milk!!! hehhehe)

Jay&Zobel
24th June 2009, 12:25

Oo Miss Chryssy... lol dyslexic ata tayo hahhaah:Erm::Erm::icon_lol::icon_lol:

charlwill
24th June 2009, 12:39
[QUOTE=charlwill;145479]He he he. Sure, pwedeng pwede. If you want empanada recipe, I've got that as well.

Wow, i was just craving for pork and chicken empanada of red ribbon last night, i miss it so much :bigcry::bigcry:
pahingi naman recipe nyan charl so i can make one here.....just to satisfy my cravings, hehehe :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Cleaning time as of the moment but promise I will post it as soon as I can.

I DON'T CALL IT BOREDOM but TALENT & CREATIVITY!!!

Thanks Ma'am for sharing all your yummilicious recipes!!! I'll try them soon I promise (we ran out of eggs & condensed milk!!! hehhehe)
I AGREE! ang hindi marunong magluto at magbake sorry na lang kayo. Well, anyways, there are take-aways and supermarket for ready meals for you. It's my peasure sharing my precious recipe to anyone who wants to cook and bake. Keep up the good work. Practice makes perfect.

Sophie
24th June 2009, 13:09
[QUOTE=Sophie;145491]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=Purple]Cleaning time as of the moment but promise I will post it as soon as I can.

It's ok charl, take your time......thanks in advance :xxgrinning--00xx3::):)

Mrs Daddy
24th June 2009, 19:26
Oh! another one youre amazing thanks again:)