PDA

View Full Version : Western Union - Grrrrrrrr

MarBell379
23rd June 2009, 12:49
It seems that if you use Western Union points, they charge you for the premium service, but only transact on their 2 day service - WATCH OUT FOR THIS IF YOU'RE DOING AN URGENT TRANSFER.

I needed to make an urgent transfer to Philippines the other day.
Hopefully my last one as Ive now sent a bank card which I can transfer money to.

Having sent a fair few WU transactions in the past, I have built up a number of 'points' on my WU Gold Card, which I decided to use up as it was to be my last transaction.
Onto the website I go, I can see my points, but no way to use them.:Erm:
Bugger - I'll give them a call instead. Find the number, arrange to use the points. BUT I have to go into a shop or transact by phone. Can't use the points transacting on the web.
OK - I'm on the phone now, I'll do the transaction. 'Oh no', she says. You have to call another number. :angry:

So I call the other number - ask to send the money. 'Oh no', he says. 'We can't do it from a mobile number. You have to call me back from a landline'.
I don't HAVE a landline - I use my mobile for home and work, and Ive authorised numerous transactions over the internet by calling you from this number, transacting from and to the same people over a long period of time.
'Sorry - You have to call from a landline or go to a shop.':furious3:

Sooo, off I trot to find a shop. Something I hate doing as I don't like to suffer the pikeys getting cheques cashed and the like when I have money in my pocket that I need to send.
Turns out the shop was pretty empty and the transaction went through fine on the 'in minutes' service :cwm12: or so I thought.

My fiancee goes to pick up (14 hrs later due to time diff), needing to pay rent the same day. Calls me at 1AM to tell me she wasn't allowed to pick up, and it wasnt available til Monday morning (this was Saturday). :Brick:

Western Union, apparently, are a global company who only operate call centers between 7AM and 10PM UK time!!!! No answer from any of their numbers. No response from any of their email adresses. In fact, STILL no response 3 days later!!! :Brick:

I was forced then to use Xoom, who transacted in about 10 minutes using Paypal. A much better service on this occasion, and I have never been let down by them, even though their exchange rates make them very expensive.:NoNo:

It seems that if you use Western Union points, they charge you for the premium service, but only transact on their 2 day service - WATCH OUT FOR THIS IF YOU'RE DOING AN URGENT TRANSFER.
The WORST experience Ive ever had with them, and I'm APPALLED that they havent even bothered now to get back to me. I'm not going to call them as it will cost me even more money calling 0800 numbers from my mobile phone, which is the only one Ive GOT!

*phew* - deep breaths, calm down.

Watch out for this people, as its only when its urgent that it'll hit, and there's ZERO you can do.

vbkelly
23rd June 2009, 14:27

Hopefully my last one as Ive now sent a bank card which I can transfer money to.

Having sent a fair few WU transactions in the past, I have built up a number of 'points' on my WU Gold Card, which I decided to use up as it was to be my last transaction.
Bugger - I'll give them a call instead. Find the number, arrange to use the points. BUT I have to go into a shop or transact by phone. Can't use the points transacting on the web.
OK - I'm on the phone now, I'll do the transaction. 'Oh no', she says. You have to call another number. :angry:

So I call the other number - ask to send the money. 'Oh no', he says. 'We can't do it from a mobile number. You have to call me back from a landline'.
I don't HAVE a landline - I use my mobile for home and work, and Ive authorised numerous transactions over the internet by calling you from this number, transacting from and to the same people over a long period of time.

Sooo, off I trot to find a shop. Something I hate doing as I don't like to suffer the pikeys getting cheques cashed and the like when I have money in my pocket that I need to send.
Turns out the shop was pretty empty and the transaction went through fine on the 'in minutes' service :cwm12: or so I thought.

My fiancee goes to pick up (14 hrs later due to time diff), needing to pay rent the same day. Calls me at 1AM to tell me she wasn't allowed to pick up, and it wasnt available til Monday morning (this was Saturday). :Brick:

Western Union, apparently, are a global company who only operate call centers between 7AM and 10PM UK time!!!! No answer from any of their numbers. No response from any of their email adresses. In fact, STILL no response 3 days later!!! :Brick:

I was forced then to use Xoom, who transacted in about 10 minutes using Paypal. A much better service on this occasion, and I have never been let down by them, even though their exchange rates make them very expensive.:NoNo:

The WORST experience Ive ever had with them, and I'm APPALLED that they havent even bothered now to get back to me. I'm not going to call them as it will cost me even more money calling 0800 numbers from my mobile phone, which is the only one Ive GOT!

Watch out for this people, as its only when its urgent that it'll hit, and there's ZERO you can do.

try to phone this CBN LONDON LTD tel no. 02074623000 ask for a form and be member to them their Smart Money Card fastest and cheaper just 5 minutes charge only £4 any amount and high rates.

Mrs Daddy
23rd June 2009, 14:52
I had the same problem before as well that`s why I transfered to PNB now online banking!

nigel
23rd June 2009, 15:17
So basically, the W Union bonus/loyalty points scheme thingy is a load of :censored:!

How does that joke go? Free holiday for anyone over the age of 80 (must be accompanied by grandparents)

MacDonalds did some monopoly competion not long ago, maybe they are still doing it? But anyway the staff told me it's bit of joke...even you do manage to collect all four picadilly squares to win that mini cooper, you still haven't won!:yikes: They then put your name in a hat with a load of other winners!:doh It's probably quite difficult to collect the squares you need, but if all they are going to do is put your name in a hat anyway!!:doh

What a waste of time!:Cuckoo:

stick to Nectar points boys and girls!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

ivybridge
7th August 2009, 21:16
We went PNB also, easy online remit

somebody
7th August 2009, 21:26

I remembering them in my early days in remittance the first transfer via the phone went smoothly and for a few untill they told me i had sent to much money in a certain period of time and would have to wait:doh

no more after that but the Wife and her Mum would use but soon moved away from using