1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon dry yeast
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons pork lard
Procedure for Dough
1. Place the sugar and yeast into the lukewarm water.
2. Let stand for 10 minutes.
3. Mix flour, baking powder, remaning sugar and lard.
4. Add the mixture of Number 3 to the yeast mixture in number 1.
5. Knead until smooth.
6. Let rise for 2 hours. (Prepare filling while waiting for the dough to rise)

Filling: ASADO
2 tablespoons lard
1 head garlic, minced
1 kilo pork shoulder (kasim) cut into large chunks
2 medium-sized onions, sliced
4 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons Oyster sauce

BOLA-BOLA
1 1/2cups minced pork
1/4 cup shrimps, chopped
1/4 cup onions
3 cloves garlic, minced
salt, pepper to taste
1 raw egg
2 tbsp. flour
2 pcs. hard boiled eggs, cut into pieces

Procedure for Filling
1. Saute garlic in the pan when lard is heated.
2. Add pork and brown lightly
3. Add the remaining ingredients and cook until tender.
4. Remove pork and dice into 1/2 inch cubes.
5. Return pork to mixture.
6. Add oyster sauce.
7. Use filling after the dough has risen or after 2 hours when dough was set to rise.
Placing filling to the dough
1. After the dough is ready, divide dough int 24 to 32 balls.
2. Arrange balls on the table and fill each with a tablespoon of filling.
3. Place each filled siopao on 2 inch square of wax paper. Let stand for 1/2 hour.
4. Arrange siopao in a steamer lined with cheesecloth or towel.
5. Steam for 15 minutes.

There you have it! Your very own homemade siopao.

Jay&Zobel
22nd June 2009, 18:01
Hala ang bilis!!! hahahaha... salamat po!! try ko isa isa pramis!!

Sophie
22nd June 2009, 18:03
charl, baka may bola bola recipe ka dyan, papost din po.....:)
sensya na ha, dami demands, hehehe :)

Pepe n Pilar
22nd June 2009, 18:11
That is so quick Charl...Thank you...:D

Hala nalilito ako... lumilipad na ang mga baking tins sa kitchen.....:doh:icon_lol:

Salamat po..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cheers!:)

charlwill
22nd June 2009, 18:52
charl, baka may bola bola recipe ka dyan, papost din po.....:)
sensya na ha, dami demands, hehehe :)
There you go. I just added it in my thread.

Hala ang bilis!!! hahahaha... salamat po!! try ko isa isa pramis!!
He he he. Okey, looking forward to see the photos.

That is so quick Charl...Thank you...:D

Hala nalilito ako... lumilipad na ang mga baking tins sa kitchen.....:doh:icon_lol:

Salamat po..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

That's okey, Iye. spare a room in your cupboard for all you baking untensils. Happy baking.

Sophie
22nd June 2009, 18:55
Thank you for the bola bola recipe, charl :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs Daddy
22nd June 2009, 19:22
thanks a lot t charl:) is there anymore?:D

charlwill
22nd June 2009, 19:37
thanks a lot t charl:) is there anymore?:D

He he he he.... alot more if Keith will still allow us to post.

Mrs Daddy
22nd June 2009, 20:15
am sure he doesnt mind ate charl:) do you the recipe of afritada T charl and embutido as well :D:D:D am trying to take advantage of you now :):):)

charlwill
22nd June 2009, 20:22
am sure he doesnt mind ate charl:) do you the recipe of afritada T charl and embutido as well :D:D:D am trying to take advantage of you now :):):)
Yes, I have that. Do want it? Try to check it in your pm. I do sent you the recipe.

Mrs Daddy
22nd June 2009, 20:57
watta can I say but Thanks a lot ate charl.Try to Pm you back but it says you not accept pm but anyways thank you once again.You`re the best!wish I dont live far from you para makikikain kami:D:D:D

Sophie
22nd June 2009, 20:58

oh i love embutido too, yum yum :Rasp::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs Daddy
22nd June 2009, 21:01
oh i love embutido too, yum yum :Rasp::xxgrinning--00xx3:

cant remember when was the last time I had it.I cant wait to go back home nAh!:doh:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Jay&Zobel
1st July 2009, 00:42
Hello Chef Charlwill and Foodiejunkies!!!

Hehe!!! I made it!!! :smileybigtmouth::football3:

I made 7 big steamed siopaos and was a bit naughty as my husband said to try put one in the oven (because previously he enjoyed the TOASTED SIOPAO in Bicol) http://www.manongcalbo.com/2008/07/food-pics-from-bicol.html
I wasn't sure how it was made though (think i've seen someone fry it):Erm: but as what I have said he loved it (he can't get over it):) I'm not sure if you have tasted a toasted siopao before (It's one of the Bicol's finest) :Erm:

I twisted the dough while putting the filling in, to make them look a bit like Chowking Siopaos hahaha:D (I wish I'm that good lol):Erm::rolleyes:

I still have some dough remaining I'll make another batch tomorrow! Maybe different filling hehe :yikes::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you thank you thank you so much for posting your recipes here!!!!!

P.S.
I feel like I'm in the Philippines & so is my Munkyboy! Summer weather & toasted siopao... Hmmm... love it! :xxparty-smiley-050::xxparty-smiley-050::xxparty-smiley-050::xxparty-smiley-050::xxparty-smiley-050::xxparty-smiley-050:

Photos:
1 Ingredients of Making a dough
2 Kneaded dough
3 Dough after 2 hrs
4 Asado filling
5&6 Uncooked Siopao
7&8 Baked Siopao (a bit brown)
9&10 Steamed Siopao

charlwill
1st July 2009, 00:53

I made 7 big steamed siopaos and was a bit naughty as my husband said to try put one in the oven (because previously he enjoyed the TOASTED SIOPAO in Bicol) http://www.manongcalbo.com/2008/07/food-pics-from-bicol.html
I wasn't sure how it was made though (think i've seen someone fry it):Erm: but as what I have said he loved it (he can't get over it):) I'm not sure if you have tasted a toasted siopao before (It's one of the Bicol's finest) :Erm:

I twisted the dough while putting the filling in, to make them look a bit like Chowking Siopaos hahaha:D (I wish I'm that good lol):Erm::rolleyes:

I still have some dough remaining I'll make another batch tomorrow! Maybe different filling hehe :yikes::xxgrinning--00xx3:

P.S.
I feel like I'm in the Philippines & so is my Munkyboy! Summer weather & toasted siopao... Hmmm... love it! :xxparty-smiley-050::xxparty-smiley-050::xxparty-smiley-050::xxparty-smiley-050::xxparty-smiley-050::xxparty-smiley-050:

Photos:
2 Kneaded dough
3 Dough after 2 hrs
4 Asado filling
5&6 Uncooked Siopao
9&10 Steamed Siopao

Well DONE!!!!! very happy you've made it? Yes, now that you done it. Hindi mo na yan mami miss. Keep up the good work.

Florge
1st July 2009, 05:29
gosh! let's all make a cookbook!

bornatbirth
1st July 2009, 10:20
well done ladies!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Ann07
1st July 2009, 11:28
Manay im starving now wahhhhhhhhh sarap siopao mo pahingi?:D:D:D:D

Well done you:D:D:D Jay must need a bigger size shirts now:D:D:D and its all your fault:D:D:D happy for you manay:D

Jay&Zobel
1st July 2009, 11:48
Well DONE!!!!! very happy you've made it? Yes, now that you done it. Hindi mo na yan mami miss. Keep up the good work.

Salamat Ma'am! :xxgrinning--00xx3: I love your food blog btw!

well done ladies!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Thanks BAB!

Manay im starving now wahhhhhhhhh sarap siopao mo pahingi?:D:D:D:D

Well done you:D:D:D Jay must need a bigger size shirts now:D:D:D and its all your fault:D:D:D happy for you manay:D

Oo Dai hehe, masarap lol unfortunately Jay took all the siopaos with him today for his lunch & to be shared with his dad&bros :D (wish me luck)

And yes he is so gaining wait... lol he hates it but I'm a happy munky!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

charlwill
1st July 2009, 12:08
Salamat Ma'am! :xxgrinning--00xx3: I love your food blog btw!

Thanks very much. I am happy that you're now enjoying.

Sophie
1st July 2009, 13:42

P.S.

Photos:
2 Kneaded dough
3 Dough after 2 hrs
4 Asado filling
5&6 Uncooked Siopao
9&10 Steamed Siopao

Wow, well done zobel :xxgrinning--00xx3: Padalhan mo nga kami, hehehe

Mrs Daddy
1st July 2009, 14:06
that looks yummy zobel:)can I hire you for a day:D:D:D (joke)

tiN
1st July 2009, 16:48
wow manay, enge nmn.. i will try it next week as im off for 2 weeks.. :D:D:D

Pepe n Pilar
1st July 2009, 20:50
Well done Manay!...:xxgrinning--00xx3: I'll try to make one too probably next week!:D

doonat
5th July 2009, 22:50
sarap! i wonder how they make the dough so white like the ones sold in goldilocks....

charlwill
5th July 2009, 23:41
sarap! i wonder how they make the dough so white like the ones sold in goldilocks....
They put something in a dough to make it whiter. Sorry the name escapes me.

Ann07
8th July 2009, 15:01
Inspired by CHar and manay i make siopao today :D:D:D And my boys love it:xxgrinning--00xx3:

1. The fillings 2. the dough 3 and 4 the finish product hehehe i put many fillings in it:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Thanks mga dakilang guro:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

charlwill
8th July 2009, 15:22
Inspired by CHar and manay i make siopao today :D:D:D And my boys love it:xxgrinning--00xx3:

1. The fillings 2. the dough 3 and 4 the finish product hehehe i put many fillings in it:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Well DONE, Ann. Glad they like it.

Jay&Zobel
8th July 2009, 15:31

Well DONE, Ann. Glad they like it.

WELL DONE PRETTY MUMMY!

Hehehe!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
Guess what haha, Jay asked me to make it again tonight!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: With siomai? not sure... lol

trader dave
8th July 2009, 15:59
your making me very hungry :icon_lol::icon_lol:

dontpushme
8th July 2009, 17:24
cool! i'd been looking for siopao recipes for a while now. i'm definitely trying these.

Sophie
8th July 2009, 21:08

Nice one ann, looks so mouthwatering :xxgrinning--00xx3::Rasp::Rasp:
Now i got the craving for siopao na talaga :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp: well done sis :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pepe n Pilar
14th July 2009, 13:52
Thanks Charlwill and Zobel.:) I am now making my own siopao. This time i have chicken. Whilst kneading the dough i felt something is missing, huh!:doh i lost my wed ring....:bigcry:ii have to search, search...:Brick: Anyways, i will post the picture later....:D Can't wait for 2 hrs... I'm excited to see my homemade siopao.:D

Thanks again Charl and Zobel....:Hellooo:

Sophie
14th July 2009, 14:12
Thanks Charlwill and Zobel.:) I am now making my own siopao. This time i have chicken. Whilst kneading the dough i felt something is missing, huh!:doh i lost my wed ring....:bigcry:ii have to search, search...:Brick: Anyways, i will post the picture later....:D Can't wait for 2 hrs... I'm excited to see my homemade siopao.:D

Thanks again Charl and Zobel....:Hellooo:

I hope your wedding ring is not inside the dough, lol :D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:
Nice twist you got - chicken asado siopao :xxgrinning--00xx3: we'll be waiting for the photos later :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pepe n Pilar
16th July 2009, 12:46
Here is my chicken siopao. I made 10 medium sizes. I have followed the ingredients of the pork asado pao. There are some ingredients i had changed.

One whole white onion
brown sugar (demerara)

Sophie
16th July 2009, 13:53
Here is my chicken siopao. I made 10 medium sizes. I have followed the ingredients of the pork asado pao. There are some ingredients i had changed.

One whole white onion
brown sugar (demerara)

awwwww, well done again sis :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pepe n Pilar
16th July 2009, 14:23
awwwww, well done again sis :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks again Sophie. :). You can make your own also. That ingredient can make up to 10 so i guess next time i will have to make half of everything. I still have 6 left and are now all in the freezer. Sometimes i don't like foods that are frozen for more than 2 weeks.

Sophie
16th July 2009, 14:54
Thanks again Sophie. :). You can make your own also. That ingredient can make up to 10 so i guess next time i will have to make half of everything. I still have 6 left and are now all in the freezer. Sometimes i don't like foods that are frozen for more than 2 weeks.

Yeah, i will make one soon, pag sinipag, hehehe.....
True, its not so nice to eat when its been on the fridge for a while, so i guess i will do thesame - make only half of everything, so there's no waste...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
16th July 2009, 22:34
Congrats Iye!!!

Jay&Zobel
25th July 2009, 11:15
Hi Miss Charlwil,

I made some siomai(s) from the recipe you gave me and we enjoyed eating them!! Thank you. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
25th July 2009, 11:27
Hi Miss Charlwil,

I made some siomai(s) from the recipe you gave me and we enjoyed eating them!! Thank you. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Grabe, i can already imagine how yummy this one is :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:
again, well done sis, as always :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
25th July 2009, 11:40
hmmmm Hao tsu! Wo shang taiwan-ren fingu. Tah Kei wo namoto siopao.
Mei yo kuanshi, wo men kantao shaga yueh:BouncyHappy::Hellooo::cwm12:

Mrs.JMajor
26th July 2009, 10:14
hmmmm Hao tsu! Wo shang taiwan-ren fingu. Tah Kei wo namoto siopao.
Mei yo kuanshi, wo men kantao shaga yueh:BouncyHappy::Hellooo::cwm12:

:yikes: You cant speak tai ge here penny :CompBuster: po kai chang tai ge la, :Cuckoo:

What do u mean eh?, :Erm:

pennybarry
26th July 2009, 10:24
:yikes: You cant speak tai ge here penny :CompBuster: po kai chang tai ge la, :Cuckoo:

What do u mean eh?, :Erm:

Sorry, Everytime I see delicious chinese food, I can't resist to speak chinese:icon_lol: Duguan ba ilong mo:Rasp:

Here's my translation:

Delicious! I miss my taiwanese friend. She gives me loads of siopao.
Nevermind, I'll see her next month.:BouncyHappy::cwm12::Hellooo:

charlwill
30th July 2009, 13:45
Hi Miss Charlwil,

Well DONE again, Zobel. Yes, my recipe for siomai is one of the BEST. Keep up the good work. I am HAPPY for you, that you made alot of effort to learn how to cook.

Cheers.

Pepe n Pilar
30th July 2009, 13:56
Wow looks yummy!!!!.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

ca143
30th July 2009, 14:51
Well DONE again, Zobel. Yes, my recipe for siomai is one of the BEST. Keep up the good work. I am HAPPY for you, that you made alot of effort to learn how to cook.

Cheers.
can u share me the recipe pls??????????????:bigcry:i already try pandesal and siopao its perfect:Hellooo:

charlwill
30th July 2009, 15:49
can u share me the recipe pls??????????????:bigcry:i already try pandesal and siopao its perfect:Hellooo:
Left click my name and select visit "charlwill's homepage" and you can see all my recipes in there.

Cheers.

Florge
30th July 2009, 16:29
oh my gulay!!! charl... good thing you're in my FB... panicking now as my bf mentioned that his dad is looking forward to my cooking... yaips!

thanks for sharing your recipes!

ca143
30th July 2009, 16:44
Left click my name and select visit "charlwill's homepage" and you can see all my recipes in there.

Cheers.
wowwwwwwwwwwwwww:Hellooo:tnx very much Charl.mwaaahhhh

charlwill
31st July 2009, 02:28
oh my gulay!!! charl... good thing you're in my FB... panicking now as my bf mentioned that his dad is looking forward to my cooking... yaips!

thanks for sharing your recipes!
Your welcome, Florge. Taga saan ba ang bf mo dito sa UK, baka magkalapit lang tayo. He he he he.

wowwwwwwwwwwwwww:Hellooo:tnx very much Charl.mwaaahhhh
Your welcome. Enjoy cooking and baking.

Manilana
31st July 2009, 07:20
Now ladies, here's now the "Recipe for SIOPAO ASADO"

Dough
1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon dry yeast
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons pork lard
Procedure for Dough
1. Place the sugar and yeast into the lukewarm water.
2. Let stand for 10 minutes.
3. Mix flour, baking powder, remaning sugar and lard.
4. Add the mixture of Number 3 to the yeast mixture in number 1.
5. Knead until smooth.
6. Let rise for 2 hours. (Prepare filling while waiting for the dough to rise)

Filling: ASADO
2 tablespoons lard
1 head garlic, minced
1 kilo pork shoulder (kasim) cut into large chunks
2 medium-sized onions, sliced
4 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons Oyster sauce

BOLA-BOLA
1 1/2cups minced pork
1/4 cup shrimps, chopped
1/4 cup onions
3 cloves garlic, minced
salt, pepper to taste
1 raw egg
2 tbsp. flour
2 pcs. hard boiled eggs, cut into pieces

Procedure for Filling
1. Saute garlic in the pan when lard is heated.
2. Add pork and brown lightly
3. Add the remaining ingredients and cook until tender.
4. Remove pork and dice into 1/2 inch cubes.
5. Return pork to mixture.
6. Add oyster sauce.
7. Use filling after the dough has risen or after 2 hours when dough was set to rise.
Placing filling to the dough
1. After the dough is ready, divide dough int 24 to 32 balls.
2. Arrange balls on the table and fill each with a tablespoon of filling.
3. Place each filled siopao on 2 inch square of wax paper. Let stand for 1/2 hour.
4. Arrange siopao in a steamer lined with cheesecloth or towel.
5. Steam for 15 minutes.

There you have it! Your very own homemade siopao.

Nice one, thanks for sharing.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
31st July 2009, 12:42
Hi Miss Charlwil,

Grabe, i can already imagine how yummy this one is :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:
again, well done sis, as always :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cheers.

Wow looks yummy!!!!.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Salamat talaga as in!!! Super thanks talaga!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

i already try pandesal and siopao its perfect:Hellooo:

Oh wow well done you too!:xxgrinning--00xx3: take some pictures next time pleaseeee. I really see beauty in food :xxgrinning--00xx3: From preparing the ingredients to cooking is such an art. Aahhhh tsibug!!!

Cheers!