PDA

View Full Version : need advise pls help

FrappeNCream
22nd June 2009, 12:07
Hi! I graduated BS Biology major in Microbiology here in the Philippines and am planning to go to UK. A consultancy firm told me to get a student visa with BTEC Higher National Diploma in Health and Social Care as a course in Impact International College. They said it will serve as a pathway for me to have a great future in UK, meaning to acquire a good job there and eventually be granted with a working visa or even permanent status. Another agency is offering me a job as Mushroom Picker for me to acquire a working visa. They said at least I have a working visa and can find a job that suits me better. Please help me on this. I dont know which is better.

Tawi2
22nd June 2009, 12:47
Frappe,every single citizen in the UK is like those mushrooms your going to pick according to the government anyway,they keep us in the dark and feed us on s**t :ARsurrender: Get the BTEC student visa :xxgrinning--00xx3: You dont want to be working in the dark all day and every day right?And can they actually get you a working visa as a mushroom picker :Erm:

IainBusby
22nd June 2009, 16:45
Frappe,every single citizen in the UK is like those mushrooms your going to pick according to the government anyway,they keep us in the dark and feed us on s**t :ARsurrender: Get the BTEC student visa :xxgrinning--00xx3: You dont want to be working in the dark all day and every day right?And can they actually get you a working visa as a mushroom picker :Erm:

No Chance, don't believe them. Things are very strict in the UK with regard to working visas these days and you definitely will not be given one to come here as a mushroom picker. Only highly skilled migrants are given working visas these days and only for the purpose of coming here to fill highly skilled vacancies.
Iain.

vbkelly
22nd June 2009, 17:58
Hi! I graduated BS Biology major in Microbiology here in the Philippines and am planning to go to UK. A consultancy firm told me to get a student visa with BTEC Higher National Diploma in Health and Social Care as a course in Impact International College. They said it will serve as a pathway for me to have a great future in UK, meaning to acquire a good job there and eventually be granted with a working visa or even permanent status. Another agency is offering me a job as Mushroom Picker for me to acquire a working visa. They said at least I have a working visa and can find a job that suits me better. Please help me on this. I dont know which is better.

wow your BS Biology and the agency said its better for you to apply mushroom picker, that's rediculous man.

darren-b
22nd June 2009, 19:55

I don't think an HND taken at Impact International College will enable you to apply for a post study visa which will allow you to apply for any job. So unless you take a further course that will allow you to apply for a post study visa, or you find an employer willing and able to sponsor you (which in this current economic climate is likely to be difficult) you haven't got a pathway to working full-time in the UK.

As others have said there is no chance of you getting a visa as a mushroom picker. And even if you could obtain a working visa for the UK as a mushroom picker it wouldn't enable you to switch jobs to one that suits you better.

Make sure you are happy with what an agency can actually offer you before handing over any money.

Tawi2
22nd June 2009, 20:21
Methinks the agency are just after your cash,always be careful :NoNo:

vbkelly
22nd June 2009, 21:36
Methinks the agency are just after your cash,always be careful :NoNo:

yeah 500k placement fee

Tawi2
22nd June 2009, 22:22
Thats daylight robbery,I hope they have the decency to wear masks when they take her money,500k pesos for the privilege of picking mushrooms :NoNo:

Jay&Zobel
22nd June 2009, 23:44
Beware of those agencies!!!!

pennybarry
23rd June 2009, 06:50
I will never let my nieces to apply as mushroom pickers if they are nursing/medicine graduate:omg: It's hell of a cold working in the farm here.

Beware of Consultancy agencies. Try to apply direct at embassy.

estherboaz
23rd June 2009, 12:18
i agree with tawi2.pls be careful...pls check this thread recently posted:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=16666

hope it will answer your concern.

wachovia
25th June 2009, 17:29
From my experience, the easiest way to be able to get a UK working visa is to apply for Tier 1 (General). No agencies, no placements fees. The hard part is to get a job when you're already in the country. Hay... took me 2 months to get a job. Even getting a bank account here is hard work.

miss.piggy
25th June 2009, 17:40
This is sad. Please do not believe that you can get a work permit for picking mushrooms in the UK. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with picking mushrooms :-) but after studying for how many years and eventually getting your degree - you'd begin picking mushrooms just to get in to the UK??? You don't want to do that, do you?

darren-b
25th June 2009, 17:56
From my experience, the easiest way to be able to get a UK working visa is to apply for Tier 1 (General). No agencies, no placements fees. The hard part is to get a job when you're already in the country. Hay... took me 2 months to get a job. Even getting a bank account here is hard work.

Congratulations for getting a tier 1 visa. Unfortunately though for most of the people who request help on this forum they would not find it the easiest way - in fact it would be impossible as they do not meet the requirements.

wachovia
25th June 2009, 18:49
Congratulations for getting a tier 1 visa. Unfortunately though for most of the people who request help on this forum they would not find it the easiest way - in fact it would be impossible as they do not meet the requirements.

Thanks Darren-b!

I forgot that they changed the rules last April. Before you can get 30 points for a bachelors degree.

joebloggs
25th June 2009, 20:00
Thanks Darren-b!

I forgot that they changed the rules last April. Before you can get 30 points for a bachelors degree.

yes i think you need at least a masters degree and earn at least £20k now :doh

estherboaz
28th June 2009, 09:55
Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship (formerly a Work Permit)
This job is unlikely to attract a Tier 2 certificate of sponsorship (formerly a work permit). Applications from candidates who require Tier 2 immigration status to work in the UK may not be considered if there are a sufficient number of other suitable candidates. To apply for a Tier 2 certificate of sponsorship, employers need to demonstrate that they are unable to recruit a resident worker before recruiting an individual from overseas.

gracia143
28th June 2009, 11:01

You're right. Tough times in the UK. In fact, most of my nurse friends are on their way out of the country now. Most of them are going to Australia and others to Canada.:bigcry:

FrappeNCream
28th June 2009, 12:13
thank you guys for all your opinions..

familylawyer
2nd July 2009, 07:47
Hi! I graduated BS Biology major in Microbiology here in the Philippines and am planning to go to UK. A consultancy firm told me to get a student visa with BTEC Higher National Diploma in Health and Social Care as a course in Impact International College. They said it will serve as a pathway for me to have a great future in UK, meaning to acquire a good job there and eventually be granted with a working visa or even permanent status.

U better check the total tuition of the college, which you would be paying. And check if the work placement will be provided to you because other colleges provides work placement but not all. Unless you have relative/s or close friend/s in the UK, you cannot get a work placement in a month or two. Its is required that you secure National Insurance before employer will even consider you for your work placement.

P200,000 which includes tuition fee deposit plus at least 1 month accommodation and the consultancy fee is the average expenses for Uk student visa.

doonat
5th July 2009, 22:37
if you want to work using your qualifications i suggest you try other countries that might give you a chance of getting a working visa. student visa is ok but you wouldn't survive with 20 hours per week work. even if you work hard here (as a student), it's too bad you can't even afford to rent an apartment for yourself coz its way too expensive.

Arthur Little
6th July 2009, 00:08
*if you want to work using your qualifications i suggest you try other countries that might give you a chance of getting a working visa. student visa is ok but you wouldn't survive with 20 hours per week work. even if you work hard here (as a student), it's too bad you can't even afford to rent an apartment for yourself coz its way too expensive.

:devil-smiley-029: * Hellish when you think about it!