PDA

View Full Version : Are you about to get married?

LisaD
20th October 2006, 14:57
Blah Blah Blah......

nigel
24th October 2006, 22:02
I'm hoping I can get your advice. I'm wondering where I should marry Vimvie? (my girlfriend, she's living in Mindanao) Will it make a huge difference where I marry her? I'm so determined to get her visa I want to get every little detail right! It seems the done thing is to bring her to the U.K. and marry her, what do you reckon? lol

KeithD
25th October 2006, 08:30
Use the SEARCH & Pete's site at the top of the forum, all have been answered before.

Louella
25th October 2006, 13:48
I'm hoping I can get your advice. I'm wondering where I should marry Vimvie? (my girlfriend, she's living in Mindanao) Will it make a huge difference where I marry her? I'm so determined to get her visa I want to get every little detail right! It seems the done thing is to bring her to the U.K. and marry her, what do you reckon? lol

Hello Nigel,

Mabuhay! In my own opinion, it's best to marry her in the Philippines. Church wedding is quite complicated especially if your partner is a Roman Catholic & while you are not. Pastor or judge is a little bit easy but expect a higher fee for them. Goodluck & best wishes to both of you from me & my husband Iain!

Louella

ps. where in Mindanao is Vimvie? i'm from Cag. de Oro

nigel
21st December 2006, 23:14
Hi louella (this is nigel)
I only just read your reply...we've decided to wed in the u.k. as i'm not following any religion...thanks for your reply. Vimvie is from Digos, I visit her in january, eeek I'm a little nervous...!
Vimvie thinks there could be problems me marrying her in Mindanao because I'm not catholic...errrr I don't know what to do really.. ha ha I'm useless! lol
Thanks again for your reply...

nigel
21st December 2006, 23:15
Hi louella (this is nigel)
I only just read your reply...we've decided to wed in the u.k. as i'm not following any religion...thanks for your reply. Vimvie is from Digos, I visit her in january, eeek I'm a little nervous...!
Vimvie thinks there could be problems me marrying her in Mindanao because I'm not catholic...errrr I don't know what to do really.. ha ha I'm useless! lol
Thanks again for your reply...

Nigel (actually my real name is steve)!!

Mrs Daddy
22nd December 2006, 13:23
well nigel,my advice is do some further research in this forum it will help you more,i promise...as what i did also before,my advise also get some civil wedding ceremony in philippines it not matter if your catholic or not.my hubby and me wed in civil ceremony as well as louella and iain,right guys?!:D

andypaul
22nd December 2006, 13:53
well nigel,my advice is do some further research in this forum it will help you more,i promise...as what i did also before,my advise also get some civil wedding ceremony in philippines it not matter if your catholic or not.my hubby and me wed in civil ceremony as well as louella and iain,right guys?!:D

From reading of peoples experiences over the years, I would agree with Mrs Daddy far easier and simpler to have Civil Wedding.

IainBusby
23rd December 2006, 10:21
Vimvie thinks there could be problems me marrying her in Mindanao because I'm not catholic.

Hi Steve,
It's a lot simpler to arrange a civil wedding in the Philippines. All you have to do is to find out all the procedures and steps you have to go through and I'm sure you will fnd it quite easy. There is one hurdle you have to overcome which is getting yourself a C.O.N.I. or Certificate Of No Impediment. This is a two part process, the first part of which is carried out at your local Registry Office in the UK and the second at the British Embassy, Manila or British Consul in Cebu. Once you have that paper, the rest are local Philippine procedures which can vary a little from place to place, but it usually means that you can marry ten days after you apply for a marriage licence and produce your C.O.N.I. You might also have to attend a Pre-Marital seminar and possibly carry out a tree planting in you fiancee's local barangay, but apart from that all you have to do is find yourself a judge who doesn't look at you as if Christmas has just arrived early.

Cheers,

Iain. :xxgrinning--00xx3: