PDA

View Full Version : Marriage

simonline
21st June 2009, 02:24
Hello everyone,

I just want to share this nice story I read this morning from Our Daily Bread book. I email this also to my husband.

Marriage

A man went to his pastor for counseling. In his hands were pages of complaints against his wife. After hours of uninterrupted listening, the pastor coundn't help but ask, "If she is that bad, why did you marry her?" Immediately the man shot back, "She wasn't like this at first!" The pastor, unable to hold back his thoughts, asked, "So, are you saying that she is like this because she's been married to you?"

Whether or not this story is true, it does suggest an important lesson to be learned. At times, feelings toward a spouse may grow cold. But love is much more than feelings - It's a life long commitment. Although most people choose to marry only because of love, in some cultures people still get married although through matchmaking. In the lives of Isaac and Rebekah recorded in the booked of Genesis, love came after marriage. It says in chapter 24 that Isaac married Rebekah and then he loved her (v.67)

Biblical Love is about our willingness to do what is good for another. Husband instructed to " Love their own wives as their own bodies" (Eph. 5:28)

So walking obedience to the Lord, let's keep our marriage vows to love "till death do us part". -- Albert Lee

"For better or for worse." we pledge, Through sickness and through strife; And by the help and grace of God We'll keep these vows for life. -- D. De Hann

Live joyfully with the wife whom you love all the days of your vain life which He has given you under the sun Ecclesiastes 9:9.

Jess

Mrs.JMajor
21st June 2009, 09:41
A man went to his pastor for counseling. In his hands were pages of complaints against his wife. After hours of uninterrupted listening, the pastor coundn't help but ask, "If she is that bad, why did you marry her?" Immediately the man shot back, "She wasn't like this at first!" The pastor, unable to hold back his thoughts, asked, "So, are you saying that she is like this because she's been married to you?"

Whether or not this story is true, it does suggest an important lesson to be learned. At times, feelings toward a spouse may grow cold. But love is much more than feelings - It's a life long commitment. Although most people choose to marry only because of love, in some cultures people still get married although through matchmaking.

Jess
Ok Jess, you mentioned words about bible or god, as you know its hot in the forum talking about god, but the words in there are absolutely realistic, that really happen in real life, so for sure non believers wouldnt dis agree on what it says, because it really happen in real life, bow!:18:

aromulus
21st June 2009, 09:47
Ok Jess, you mentioned words about bible or god, as you know its hot in the forum talking about god, but the words in there are absolutely realistic, that really happen in real life, so for sure non believers wouldnt dis agree on what it says, because it really happen in real life, bow!:18:

:cwm23:

Mrs.JMajor
21st June 2009, 09:49
:cwm23:
:yikes::Erm: Whats up Mod ? Hot ahh, as in fire:icon_lol:

aromulus
21st June 2009, 10:02
:yikes::Erm: Whats up Mod ? Hot ahh, as in fire:icon_lol:

No need to stoke it, then......:doh

Mrs.JMajor
21st June 2009, 10:10
Mod, sometimes its nice that there is a nice thread to talk about, makes the forum alive isnt it? because usually when I chatted to some of my friends here, they will just log off and say, nothing exciting in the forum today, so sometimes let us make it a bit spicy, to make it more exciting
Just a nice discussion..........

Mod:cwm38:

LEAHnew
21st June 2009, 15:54
Hello everyone,

I just want to share this nice story I read this morning from Our Daily Bread book. I email this also to my husband.

Marriage

Whether or not this story is true, it does suggest an important lesson to be learned. At times, feelings toward a spouse may grow cold. But love is much more than feelings - It's a life long commitment. Although most people choose to marry only because of love, in some cultures people still get married although through matchmaking. In the lives of Isaac and Rebekah recorded in the booked of Genesis, love came after marriage. It says in chapter 24 that Isaac married Rebekah and then he loved her (v.67)

Biblical Love is about our willingness to do what is good for another. Husband instructed to " Love their own wives as their own bodies" (Eph. 5:28)

So walking obedience to the Lord, let's keep our marriage vows to love "till death do us part". -- Albert Lee

"For better or for worse." we pledge, Through sickness and through strife; And by the help and grace of God We'll keep these vows for life. -- D. De Hann

Live joyfully with the wife whom you love all the days of your vain life which He has given you under the sun Ecclesiastes 9:9.

Jess

:xxgrinning--00xx3:Thanks for sharing Simonline, very inspiring:cwm38:
To those non believers excuse then:doh I guess the author of the thread doesn't want any argue or debate she just shared what she read:)

simonline
22nd June 2009, 07:57
Please accept my apology I am not aware that words about bible or God is hot here. :doh:ARsurrender: I know we have different religions as well as views and opinions that we all respect. When I read that I don’t hesitate to share it because it is good and inspiring for couples not just for “believers”. You all have right to comment on that or you may delete it if not really allowed.

But I read my post many times even I mentioned words about bible or God I don't see any reason to become hot or an issue. Is there something wrong putting the name Lord and the bible verses here? :Erm: If I did not indicate the bible verses maybe it is just an ordinary and common words. But indicating it to those lines makes different. To those believers who can read this they can realize bible can also justify and supports members some advices have been given here. :):)

I’m glad for being part of this forum because I have learned so many things here not only to ask for your advices. I love listening and reading people experiences. I read bible sometimes only. When I encounter some emotional problems I seek help and advices to my friends and from here and if I can’t resolve I read bible or any religious books. Like this past few days I'm experiencing depression and the reason I read Our Daily Bread book for me to feel better and I read about marriage then i posted here. Also I just want to share one of those problems I have encountered before. I doubted if I really love and if I have to continue my relationship to my husband when we were still bf and gf. But I’m sure I’m happy with him. He is very good, gentleman, kind person and he loves me. I don’t have any reason to leave him and I don’t want to hurt him so made me decide to stay. And he knew about it. If i not truly love him i believe I will learn and pray for that because he deserved it. And one day i realized that I am very sure and proved i made the right decision. The reason I am able to wait for him for 5 years. And what I post here for me is true, gave me and my husband lessons that surely we will keep and apply to our marriage life. If we forgot iwe will read it again to remind us. Hope those who dont accept or not happy with this maybe you understand now. I not spent my time here to share something if i think it is not good.

Sorry and i will not do this again to keep me safe :cwm38::cwm38:

Jess

aromulus
22nd June 2009, 08:03
Please accept my apology I am not aware that words about bible or God is hot here.
Jess

You don't have to apologise for your beliefs.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

We all believe in something or the other. :rolleyes:
I was just trying to shield you from debates which may be upsetting to you.:doh
Ingats.

aryM
22nd June 2009, 08:19
Hello everyone,

Marriage

Jess

Hello Jess, i like your post very interesting. I can reflect to that too. Very inspiring. Hope others find it very interesting too. "A Happy Family is a Christ-Centered Family" That s what i always told to my students here. God Bless...!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
22nd June 2009, 08:45

Ingats.

why cant you just delete them?

i see nothing wrong in this thread or any reason for a debate!

Jay&Zobel
22nd June 2009, 15:11
Someone here is confusing me:Erm:... keeps changing gears...:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::doh

Florge
22nd June 2009, 15:21
Someone here is confusing me:Erm:... keeps changing gears...:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::doh

hmmm... i'm thinking... i'm thinking... oh yeah..... i know na! LOL :icon_lol:

Mrs.JMajor
22nd June 2009, 15:57

:Erm:

Ann07
22nd June 2009, 15:59

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
h:icon_lol:

musta n florge?

Florge
22nd June 2009, 16:06
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
h:icon_lol:

musta n florge?

ANNA banana!!!! i'm okay.... gwapa pa rin... hehehe....

tiN
22nd June 2009, 16:15
Nice words from you Jess, :) and u dont need to be sorry for what u have said, if people were offended they will tell u, but from what ive read it is very nice that u have shared this with us. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Just be yourself Jess, u dont need to change for others benefit :) x

Pepe n Pilar
22nd June 2009, 16:32

:omg::omg::doh:doh:doh:Brick::Brick::Help1::Help1:

:Erm::Erm::Erm::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::icon_lol::icon_lol:

simonline
22nd June 2009, 16:38
To all thank you so much you appreciate it. :BouncyHappy: I made an apology because maybe I break rules on this forum. But i not regret for sharing this and I accept good and bad comments. :):)

Jess

Pepe n Pilar
22nd June 2009, 16:38
Hello Florge, Welcome back.....:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

How are you???

Florge
22nd June 2009, 16:42
Hello Florge, Welcome back.....:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

How are you???

heya P&P... i am good, thanks... have a lot of catching up to do... on reading the posts i mean... hehehe

Pepe n Pilar
22nd June 2009, 16:53
Nice one Simonline!...:D:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
22nd June 2009, 17:16
To all thank you so much you appreciate it. :BouncyHappy: I made an apology because maybe I break rules on this forum. But i not regret for sharing this and I accept good and bad comments. :):)

Jess

Very humble of you...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
22nd June 2009, 17:45
Jess

No need to apologize simonline, your thread is very nice :xxgrinning--00xx3:

LEAHnew
23rd June 2009, 15:45
Please accept my apology I am not aware that words about bible or God is hot here. :doh:ARsurrender:

Jess

Very kind of you,hope to share some of your good way here:rolleyes::xxgrinning--00xx3:
Stay humble and keep the faith.Thanks:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ingats.

Very caring Mod:cwm38::xxgrinning--00xx3: