PDA

View Full Version : Pandesal

charlwill
19th June 2009, 14:32
Hi to all ladies who loves baking. Especially the one who misses the pandesal alot. I just taught to share my recipe with you. My husband loves and enjoy eating the pandesal especially if he dip, in cup of tea or coffee (which he learn it from me) and he said it's yummy.
So, ladies try to give a go, bake your own pandesal. Enjoy baking.

Here's the recipe.

Pandesal

Ingredients:
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/4 cup evaporated milk
* 1/2 cup milk (skimmed powder milk)
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 5 tablespoons softened butter
* 1 tablespoon oil
* 4 cups flour (you can use plain flour, bread flour but I prefer to use self raising)
* 3 teaspoons yeast (active yeast)
* breadcrumbs

1. Combine the water, evaporated milk and milk and heat in the microwave for 35 seconds. Run tap water over the egg for 30 seconds to warm it.
2. Add all ingredients (except the bread crumbs) in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
3. The dough is supposed to be somewhat sticky (when I made this recipe, it was not sticky but it turned out well anyway).
4. Spray two baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray; preheat oven to 375 degrees.
5. When the dough is ready, scoop out a small amount (about the size of an ice-cream scoop) and roll in bread crumbs in an oval shape; place on baking sheet.
6. Cover and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled.
7. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.

LEAHnew
19th June 2009, 14:57
wow looks like made from Goldilocks:xxgrinning--00xx3:well done ate chat, hope you could teach me how to bake soon:D:Hellooo:

charlwill
19th June 2009, 15:02
wow looks like made from Goldilocks:xxgrinning--00xx3:well done ate chat, hope you could teach me how to bake soon:D:Hellooo:
Sure, I will.

empott
19th June 2009, 15:17
Nice looking pandesal there, Chat. Looks yummy! :Rasp:

New Shoes
19th June 2009, 16:06
I love Pandesal for breakfast!

Pandesal, fried eggs and rice...Mmm masarap!!

I can almost here the vendor now...... shouting "padesaaaaaaaaaal"

Dave

Mrs Daddy
19th June 2009, 17:32
that looks yummy t charl thanks for sharing!:)

charlwill
19th June 2009, 17:37
Nice looking pandesal there, Chat. Looks yummy! :Rasp:

that looks yummy t charl thanks for sharing!:)
Yes, indeed it's a yummy pandesal.

empott
20th June 2009, 00:04
Now I'm craving for pandesal with corned beef or liver spread! :Rasp: :icon_lol:

thejarvs
20th June 2009, 08:07
I've tried quite a few pandesal recipes from the internet and only found one that seemed close to my favourite breakfast in phil.

Thanks charlwill I'll try your recipe those photo's make my mouth water mmmmmmm

bhabes79
20th June 2009, 08:39
thanks for the recipe my husband love pandesal:)

classygirl
20th June 2009, 10:30
Hi to all ladies who loves baking. Especially the one who misses the pandesal alot. I just taught to share my recipe with you. My husband loves and enjoy eating the pandesal especially if he dip, in cup of tea or coffee (which he learn it from me) and he said it's yummy.

Here's the recipe.

Pandesal

Ingredients:
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon oil
* 4 cups flour
* 3 teaspoons yeast
* breadcrumbs

1. Combine the water, evaporated milk and milk and heat in the microwave for 35 seconds. Run tap water over the egg for 30 seconds to warm it.
2. Add all ingredients (except the bread crumbs) in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
3. The dough is supposed to be somewhat sticky (when I made this recipe, it was not sticky but it turned out well anyway).
4. Spray two baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray; preheat oven to 375 degrees.
5. When the dough is ready, scoop out a small amount (about the size of an ice-cream scoop) and roll in bread crumbs in an oval shape; place on baking sheet.

Thanks for the recipe.I will do it ASAP , I just bought coconut jam the other day and I think it will be a real yummy combo...TY again.

vbkelly
20th June 2009, 11:17

Here's the recipe.

Pandesal

Ingredients:
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon oil
* 4 cups flour
* 3 teaspoons yeast
* breadcrumbs

hmmmmm yummy thanks ate charl

charlwill
20th June 2009, 12:13
I've tried quite a few pandesal recipes from the internet and only found one that seemed close to my favourite breakfast in phil.

Thanks charlwill I'll try your recipe those photo's make my mouth water mmmmmmm

thanks for the recipe my husband love pandesal:)

Thanks for the recipe.I will do it ASAP , I just bought coconut jam the other day and I think it will be a real yummy combo...TY again.

hmmmmm yummy thanks ate charl
No worries, guys... enjoy baking your own pandesal.

scott&ligaya
20th June 2009, 12:42
Hi there Charlwill,
thanks for the recipe .... I love Pandesal.... I just baked some for my honey and our little prince who likes eating brioche buns. They are sleeping now and the smell will wake them up for sure. Ligaya is a great cook and I am the one usually benefiting from her culinary skills but I grew up with a mother who was a master baker/cake maker and was always on hand for bowl licking duties:cwm3::cwm3::cwm3: hehehehehe.
When we are home in Palawan we have some house rules for our housekeepers. Number 9 is never run out of San Miguel and number 10 is always have fresh pandesal and brewed (Baguio bean) coffee available for my breakfast!!

if any of the Scottish members are reading now, I also make softies and rowies!!!!

Jay&Zobel
20th June 2009, 12:43
Hi to all ladies who loves baking. Especially the one who misses the pandesal alot. Enjoy baking.

Here's the recipe.

Pandesal

Hehehe... Thank you for posting your recipe & photos hehe & they look so yummy. Will definitely try this sometime... ANyway hehe few questions po, hope you won't mind hehehe... (sorry newbie me in cooking...:rolleyes:)

Ingredients:
* 1/2 cup milk - Powdered po?
* 4 cups flour - All purpose flour? or self-raising
* 3 teaspoons yeast Active Yeast po?

CHEERS!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

charlwill
20th June 2009, 13:37
Hehehe... Thank you for posting your recipe & photos hehe & they look so yummy. Will definitely try this sometime... ANyway hehe few questions po, hope you won't mind hehehe... (sorry newbie me in cooking...:rolleyes:)

CHEERS!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
OK, try see look again my recipe will put some indications for the ingredients. Good luck.

Jay&Zobel
20th June 2009, 14:04
OK, try see look again my recipe will put some indications for the ingredients. Good luck.

Salamat po for making an effort & unselfishly answering my queries!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: :cwm38:

charlwill
20th June 2009, 14:16
Salamat po for making an effort & unselfishly answering my queries!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: :cwm38:
It's alright. You can chat me if you want some help for baking or cooking.

Mrs Daddy
20th June 2009, 15:50
when talking about pandesal I forget all those low carb diet:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
20th June 2009, 15:55
when talking about pandesal I forget all those low carb diet:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

forget the diet!! hahaha... sarap kumain diba Wheela?:omg::omg::omg::D

empott
20th June 2009, 16:13
I think Chat used Instant Yeast, Zobel. Active Dry Yeast needs 5-10 mins preparation before you can use it. And If Evaporated milk is not available, you can use fresh milk but you have to scald it first.

Jay&Zobel
20th June 2009, 16:35
I think Chat used Instant Yeast, Zobel. Active Dry Yeast needs 5-10 mins preparation before you can use it. And If Evaporated milk is not available, you can use fresh milk but you have to scald it first.

Aww thank you! I bought an ACTIVE DRY YEAST a while ago (intended to make siopao) & will just follow the instructions before putting it to the Pandesal mixture.

Cheers Em!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

charlwill
20th June 2009, 16:53
Aww thank you! I bought an ACTIVE DRY YEAST a while ago (intended to make siopao) & will just follow the instructions before putting it to the Pandesal mixture.

Cheers Em!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
I am using ACTIVE DRY YEAST for making my pandesal.

Pepe n Pilar
20th June 2009, 18:25

Here's the recipe.

Pandesal

Ingredients:
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/2 cup milk (skimmed powder milk)
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon oil
* 4 cups flour (you can use plain flour, bread flour but I prefer to use self raising)
* 3 teaspoons yeast (active yeast)
* breadcrumbs

I will try this next time. It looks yummy!..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Now I'm craving for pandesal with corned beef or liver spread! :Rasp: :icon_lol:

Exactly!...:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Ping
20th June 2009, 18:44
In baking any kinds or types of bread use plain flour and active dry yeast .For best result you have to knead the dough until smooth and let it double rise before shaping it and let it rise again before cooking it.

Jay&Zobel
20th June 2009, 19:02
In baking any kinds or types of bread use plain flour and active dry yeast .For best result you have to knead the dough until smooth and let it double rise before shaping it and let it rise again before cooking it.

Salamat po for more tips!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

aug06_2006
20th June 2009, 20:59
hmmmm, i love pandesal..anyway, tnx for sharing the recipe.

Mrs Daddy
21st June 2009, 14:30

korek ka diyan zobel:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:I think eating is my favorite hobby:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
21st June 2009, 15:15

korek ka diyan zobel:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:I think eating is my favorite hobby:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

hehehe...yummmmmmmmmmmmyyyy!!! I think so too... lol! Life is too dull to be dieting hahaha... :Erm::Erm::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Mrs Daddy
21st June 2009, 15:49
Completely agree Madam:)

empott
22nd June 2009, 04:52
I am using ACTIVE DRY YEAST for making my pandesal.
:Hellooo: Sorry Chat, I stand corrected. Mwah

:gp:
:Hellooo: Hi Ate Ping, long time, no talk. :Hellooo:

pennybarry
22nd June 2009, 07:17
Can I make an order? I missed pandesl na. I have seen some pandesal look alike at M&S but didn't try it yet.

charlwill
22nd June 2009, 10:27
:Hellooo: Sorry Chat, I stand corrected. Mwah
No worries, dear. How are you, did you have a good weekends?