PDA

View Full Version : I've been hacked!!!

Jay&Zobel
18th June 2009, 13:54
Please disregard any emails that you might get from my yahoo account
zobelunderscoreleeaTyahoodotcom for it has been hacked by some freaks.

Beware of some YM messages that asks you to open a link (FLICKER) to view a certain picture. This will block your yahoo account.

They will pretend to be you and send messages to your friends asking for favour or any money etc etc...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! :angry::angry::Brick::Brick::Brick::Brick::furious3::furious3::cwm23::cwm23::cwm23:

MGA MANAY, DAI, ATCHU & OTHERS THAT ARE ON MY YM LIST!!!
BEWARE PO PLEASE...
MY HUSBAND WAS ABLE TO CHANGE MY PASSWORDS ON FACEBOOK & YAHOO SO I WAS ABLE TO RETRIEVE MY ACOUNT AGAIN!!!

fabdey01
18th June 2009, 13:56
geez!!! ok thanks for the warning

Pepe n Pilar
18th June 2009, 14:12
Awww.... Manay i'm sorry to hear about that. So are you referring to your yahoo mail? What about on yahoo chat? Is it the same?:rolleyes::Erm: Just want to clear this baka hinde na ikaw ang ka chat ko eh..:doh:Brick: i might be chatting to a different person??:omg:is this possible?:Erm:

Labs,
Manay

Jay&Zobel
18th June 2009, 14:20
Awww.... Manay i'm sorry to hear about that. So are you referring to your yahoo mail? What about on yahoo chat? Is it the same?:rolleyes::Erm: Just want to clear this baka hinde na ikaw ang ka chat ko eh..:doh:Brick: i might be chatting to a different person??:omg:is this possible?:Erm:

Labs,
Manay

Manay ko!!

Basta may link na ibibigay hindi ako yun! But Jay was able to change all the passwords asap so it's ok now... But my friend that I was chatting to (who gave me the link) her account was blocked and was unable to change her password as she left it too long... The hacker pretended to be her and asked for phone credits/money etc to others who were on her YM list!!:Brick::Brick:

If you will be receiving any odd messages just ignore it!

Labs,
Manay man

Jay&Zobel
18th June 2009, 14:24
This was the link, can you please check it out:
http://surney15.t35.com/image.html

For others, please do not put your YM Id & password!!!

LEAHnew
18th June 2009, 14:30
:omg:oh no not again:NoNo::NoNo:first Kimmi now you...who's next:NoNo::NoNo:
so let's be alert everyone:cwm34:

Pepe n Pilar
18th June 2009, 14:47
Manay ko!!

Basta may link na ibibigay hindi ako yun! But Jay was able to change all the passwords asap so it's ok now... But my friend that I was chatting to (who gave me the link) her account was blocked and was unable to change her password as she left it too long... The hacker pretended to be her and asked for phone credits/money etc to others who were on her YM list!!:Brick::Brick:

Labs,
Manay man

Hey Manay,
I always receive that invitation on my yahoo mail but just ignore it. I never accept anything of the same stuffs.:D

Thanks for that Zobel.... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:omg:oh no not again:NoNo::NoNo:first Kimmi now you...who's next:NoNo::NoNo:
so let's be alert everyone:cwm34:

Is this the same as in chatlogs?:rolleyes:

mickcant
18th June 2009, 14:48
Thank you for the warning, I hope you can soon change your ID to be clear of this.
Mick.

LEAHnew
18th June 2009, 14:58

I'm not that much techy but I'm member of flickr a month ago but i usually log in here http://www.flickr.com
I love photoshoots that's why i created account there:)directly from my ym account:Erm::Erm:gonna change password now:doh
thanks zobel for the warning:)

LEAHnew
18th June 2009, 15:00
Is this the same as in chatlogs?:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:no idea sis, i guess let's just be careful whom we're chatting:)

Jay&Zobel
18th June 2009, 15:04
Thank you for the warning, I hope you can soon change your ID to be clear of this.
Mick.

Hi Mick, my husband was able to change my passwords as soon as I told him about it (he's some kind of a techygeek lol) so it's all cleared now.

Too bad for my friend, she can't access her old YM id anymore and her friends from her YM list were receiving random messages.:NoNo::NoNo::cwm23::cwm23:

This is just absurd:angry::angry::angry:

Jay&Zobel
18th June 2009, 15:05
I'm not that much techy but I'm member of flickr a month ago but i usually log in here http://www.flickr.com
I love photoshoots that's why i created account there:)directly from my ym account:Erm::Erm:gonna change password now:doh
thanks zobel for the warning:)

No problem Leah!!! :cwm38:

Sophie
18th June 2009, 15:08
Manay ko!!

Ok copy that zobel :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Atleast jay was able to retrieve back everything and good that it's ok now:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Atleast the hacker was unsuccessful on the hacking attempt :xxgrinning--00xx3:

A friend of mine experienced thesame thing, she was in australia back then and i was still in manila,
and i got a chat message from her via her YM and borrowing money from me and asking me to deposit it into a certain account right away.
I was very surprised as my friend is quite well off and not the type to borrow money.
So i became suspicious right away, on the otherhand, i figured she probably might be really broke this time
I almost lend her the amount but first i came up with a plan to make sure it was really her as i was quite apprehensive and doubtful
so what i did is, i tested her and try to talk to her about stuff that she is suppose to know if she really is my friend,
whalla!!!!!!!!! she cannot answer me and trying to avoid my questions....
and all she does is go on and on about the money and if i can send her as soon as possible
I knew then that my instincts were right, and i confirmed then, that she wasn't my friend.
It's just too bad, this person hacked not only my friend's YM as well as her Friendster account and Facebook account
as my friend maintain's thesame ID and password on all of her 3 accounts.
Anyway, i just phoned her mom in manila and told her about it so she can warn my friend.
Apparently, one of our friend's was able to give money already.....too bad....but atleast no more victims after that....
And i told this person she is busted and we are tracking her down....i never heard from that person again and never went online again using my friend's YM....

Jay&Zobel
18th June 2009, 15:23
i got a chat message from her via her YM and borrowing money from me and asking me to deposit it into a certain account right away.

i tested her and try to talk to her about stuff that she is suppose to know if she really is my friend,
whalla!!!!!!!!! she cannot answer me and trying to avoid my questions....

I knew then that my instincts were right, and i confirmed then, that she wasn't my friend.

Good for you! I was chatting to my "friend/hacker" today in Bicol dialect (who gave me the link) and (the hacker) kept on answering me in Tagalog!! :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

Sophie
18th June 2009, 16:12
Good for you! I was chatting to my "friend/hacker" today in Bicol dialect (who gave me the link) and (the hacker) kept on answering me in Tagalog!! :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

Oh, so the hacker must be from manila....
I guess there's a lot of ways to figure out if it's really your friend or the hacker....
anyway, atleast no one among your friends became a casualty on the hacker's bogus attempt to obtain some money.......

Pepe n Pilar
18th June 2009, 17:08

Hi Zobel,
That is one way to know if we are really chatting with the person we know. If he/she keeps on answering in tagalog whilst you were using the Bicol dialect then that's for sure he/she is a different person but how about if the chat between two persons is accurate as to the persons they both know and their whereabouts? :Erm:

Oh, so the hacker must be from manila....
I guess there's a lot of ways to figure out if it's really your friend or the hacker....
anyway, atleast no one among your friends became a casualty on the hacker's bogus attempt to obtain some money.......

Yeah i agree with you Sophie, there's a lot of ways to figure out if you are chatting with your friend or a hacker. In Zobel's case the person was inviting her to flickr acct and can't understand her dialect and your friend was borrowing money which you said is doubtful for she is not that badly in need. So we have an instinct, we can feel that something's wrong.

Pepe n Pilar
18th June 2009, 17:14
:rolleyes:no idea sis, i guess let's just be careful whom we're chatting:)

Yes Leah we have to be careful. I guess we all know the person we are chatting with. We know her/his expressions, the way they call us, the words they use and the way they type (like using capital letters at the start of the sentence or not, using commas or period). If he/she is fond of adding icons or if he/she type words in shortcut or in complete sentences.:D
It is easy to detect once the chat is ongoing even for just 3 sentences..:D

:)

Sophie
18th June 2009, 17:28
Yeah i agree with you Sophie, there's a lot of ways to figure out if you are chatting with your friend or a hacker. In Zobel's case the person was inviting her to flickr acct and can't understand her dialect and your friend was borrowing money which you said is doubtful for she is not that badly in need. So we have an instinct, we can feel that something's wrong.

Very true iye :xxgrinning--00xx3: It's really best to always go with your instinct, coz most of the time, its accurate :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alec&Davina
18th June 2009, 17:55
oh sorry to hear thay Jay&Zobel,sometimes its just so annoying that there are people out there who can easily interfere with your private life. was it because their envious? or was it because they are low life people?

at least your hubby managed to change your password, it should be a lesson and warning for all of us!

ukgangster
22nd June 2009, 11:33
oh sorry to hear thay Jay&Zobel,sometimes its just so annoying that there are people out there who can easily interfere with your private life. was it because their envious? or was it because they are low life people?

at least your hubby managed to change your password, it should be a lesson and warning for all of us!

I've seen this happen a few times and I think its down to the fact some internet cafes in Philippines use key logging software to spy on users and log everything they do while online, then later use that info for fraudlent purposes.

Also, a good tip would be to always sign out of Yahoo/Hotmail/AIM messenger at the end of each session at the internet cafe.

Florge
22nd June 2009, 11:42
it happened to me too!!! just this february.... the hacker said that if i want my YM back, i should turn on my webcam and show him/her my thingy..... i would love to but i was in the office at that time.... darn! bad timing... LOL...

Jay&Zobel
22nd June 2009, 12:34
it happened to me too!!! just this february.... the hacker said that if i want my YM back, i should turn on my webcam and show him/her my thingy..... i would love to but i was in the office at that time.... darn! bad timing... LOL...

Now you are back & naughty ... :Erm::icon_lol::icon_lol::omg::omg::omg::D:D

Welcome Back haahaha

Florge
22nd June 2009, 13:49
Now you are back & naughty ... :Erm::icon_lol::icon_lol::omg::omg::omg::D:D

Welcome Back haahaha

nyahahaha.... i am not naughty.... hehehe... thanks Z!:BouncyHappy:

Sophie
22nd June 2009, 17:59

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

ivybridge
7th August 2009, 21:19
I really dont have time for hackers, they cause so much misery and problems. Personally I dont see what they get out of it. Its not as though they can see your face and laugh at you.

LadyJ
7th August 2009, 21:30
Please disregard any emails that you might get from my yahoo account
zobelunderscoreleeaTyahoodotcom for it has been hacked by some freaks.

Beware of some YM messages that asks you to open a link (FLICKER) to view a certain picture. This will block your yahoo account.

They will pretend to be you and send messages to your friends asking for favour or any money etc etc...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! :angry::angry::Brick::Brick::Brick::Brick::furious3::furious3::cwm23::cwm23::cwm23:

MGA MANAY, DAI, ATCHU & OTHERS THAT ARE ON MY YM LIST!!!
BEWARE PO PLEASE...
MY HUSBAND WAS ABLE TO CHANGE MY PASSWORDS ON FACEBOOK & YAHOO SO I WAS ABLE TO RETRIEVE MY ACOUNT AGAIN!!!

Ouch! my eyes:cwm24::cwm3::Cuckoo:

LadyJ
7th August 2009, 21:32
I though it happened today, then I just noticed posted on June:doh

So i hope everythings OK now zobel.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
7th August 2009, 21:34
I've seen this happen a few times and I think its down to the fact some internet cafes in Philippines use key logging software to spy on users and log everything they do while online, then later use that info for fraudlent purposes.

Also, a good tip would be to always sign out of Yahoo/Hotmail/AIM messenger at the end of each session at the internet cafe.

I atteneded a workshop recently and met a few white hats who were talking about commercial internet security.

I was surprised how easy it is to divert password reminders /resets for many major Email providers. Also many other ways of entering the person email account and resetting changing passwords.

But what ever security companies do a lot of hackers simply use social engineering, ie making educated guess about the person to guess the password or trick them into parting with either the password or information which makes it easier to predict what it is.

jam07
8th August 2009, 08:52
The same thing happend to my friend back in Manila... An email asking for money... She too change her password and sent an email to all her friends regarding that.

Those hackers! cant they find anything else to do? :cwm23: :cwm23:

thanks for the waring Jay&Zobel. :)

KeithD
8th August 2009, 10:05
You should use passwords with capitals and number

DoNgLe1066KissMyAss

joebloggs
8th August 2009, 10:52
DoNgLe1066KissMyAss

is that your paypal password :rolleyes:

KeithD
8th August 2009, 11:23
is that your paypal password :rolleyes:
NO.....it's your new one :D

Ann07
10th August 2009, 08:23
Oi Manay just read it hope everything's ok now. :)

Northerner
15th August 2009, 01:45
You should use passwords with capitals and number

DoNgLe1066KissMyAss

If you can I also recomend using symbols.

My usual trick is to think of a small phrase. As an example, say, David is my brother.

Then turn that phrase into a password like: d@v1D1smybr0th3r

Using @ for an A, sometimes $ for an S, and whatever. Any two words thrown together and butchered with numbers and symbols is pretty good :xxgrinning--00xx3:

But I also prioritise, some of my passwords are pretty weak, but then if they got hacked I probably wouldn't care. But for my financial stuff.. :Erm: Need to keep that stuff safe

joebloggs
15th August 2009, 08:46
If you can I also recomend using symbols.

My usual trick is to think of a small phrase. As an example, say, David is my brother.

Then turn that phrase into a password like: d@v1D1smybr0th3r

Using @ for an A, sometimes $ for an S, and whatever. Any two words thrown together and butchered with numbers and symbols is pretty good :xxgrinning--00xx3:

But I also prioritise, some of my passwords are pretty weak, but then if they got hacked I probably wouldn't care. But for my financial stuff.. :Erm: Need to keep that stuff safe

:xxgrinning--00xx3: good idea, only thing is remembering what letter you replaced with a symbol or number, some sites or programs will lock your account after so many guesses :doh