PDA

View Full Version : pls. help! - an overstayer with a child to a british applying for fiance visa

donnabelvaldeo
17th June 2009, 14:58
hi there!
your advise will be very much appreciated.
i was an over stayer in UK for 4 yrs. during my stay, i met a guy and we lived together as a couple but not married because we couldn't get a permit from the home office to get married. we had a child. last year, march 2008 we consulted an immigration solicitor regarding my child and my situation. the solicitor advised us to voluntarily leave the UK then reapply again on a fiance visa from the Philippines sponsored by my partner.during our stay here in the philippines, we have continuous communication and he supported our needs. he also came here to visit us. we are now planning to apply going back to the UK to live as a happy family again. my child misses her dad so much. is there any chance that we will be granted a visa? please give me some advise and tips on how to apply.
thank you very much

Mrs.JMajor
17th June 2009, 15:27
Yes, you had chance to get one, have u been married ? If not, that is the # 1 thing you have to consider first, and so, you can apply for spouse visa and bring your kid with you, and about how to apply? Gather all the necessary docs. What is the docs ? Search here in the forum and read everything here all the necessary doc..Good luck http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/index.aspx
You can apply your kid also a british passport once you get married at the british Embassy

donnabelvaldeo
17th June 2009, 15:42
your informative advise is very much appreciated, Mrs. J Major. thank you very much.
regarding your question if we were married, we're not yet married. my partner is asking which application will have a better chance of success, a fiance visa or a spousal visa?

Mrs.JMajor
17th June 2009, 19:18
your informative advise is very much appreciated, Mrs. J Major. thank you very much.
regarding your question if we were married, we're not yet married. my partner is asking which application will have a better chance of success, a fiance visa or a spousal visa?

Spouse visa, its not only chance, its sure ball base you lived already, you had kid, what more could the ECO ask for...? So if I were you get marry in pinas Donna:xxgrinning--00xx3: Just supply all the requirements needed and you will have no problem:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
17th June 2009, 22:16
Spouse visa, its not only chance, its sure ball base you lived already, you had kid, what more could the ECO ask for...? So if I were you get marry in pinas Donna:xxgrinning--00xx3: Just supply all the requirements needed and you will have no problem:xxgrinning--00xx3

:iagree: I would tend to go along with this suggestion, Donna. If you WERE to marry in the Phils, you could then apply for a SPOUSAL visa which, in my opinion, would carry more "weight" than the fiancee one ... especially since you and your partner now have a young child. Besides, I think it would take a pretty heartless Entry Clearance Officer to deprive any family of its right to live happily together.

In welcoming you to the forum, I would like to express my very best wishes to you all for the future. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
17th June 2009, 22:21
I think it would take a pretty heartless Entry Clearance Officer to deprive any family of their right to live happily together.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Don't hold your breath on it.....:NoNo:

joebloggs
19th June 2009, 12:30
Besides, I think it would take a pretty heartless Entry Clearance Officer to deprive any family of its right to live happily together.

Don't hold your breath on it.....:NoNo:

dom your all heart, but yes a heartless ECO would tell you there is nothing stopping your b/f moving to the phils :doh

donnabelvaldeo
24th June 2009, 14:11
to all those who reply on this thread, thank you very very much. You give us a lot of encouragement and hope that we could live as a happy family again. If you could give us additional information and tips that will help us to succeed our application, it will be very much appreciated.
God bless you all.

blessedlady89
24th July 2009, 04:35
Hi

Don't be discourage but the ECO MIGHT refuse you because you ovesrtayed. But you will have right to appeal. And expect to be away from your hubby at least for a year. But you might be very lucky if ECo will give you a visa straight away. But don't loose hope , you will be able to join your husband in the end. GOOD LUCK

to all those who reply on this thread, thank you very very much. You give us a lot of encouragement and hope that we could live as a happy family again. If you could give us additional information and tips that will help us to succeed our application, it will be very much appreciated.
God bless you all.

LadyJ
24th July 2009, 09:17
hi there!
your advise will be very much appreciated.
i was an over stayer in UK for 4 yrs. during my stay, i met a guy and we lived together as a couple but not married because we couldn't get a permit from the home office to get married. we had a child. last year, march 2008 we consulted an immigration solicitor regarding my child and my situation. the solicitor advised us to voluntarily leave the UK then reapply again on a fiance visa from the Philippines sponsored by my partner.during our stay here in the philippines, we have continuous communication and he supported our needs. he also came here to visit us. we are now planning to apply going back to the UK to live as a happy family again. my child misses her dad so much. is there any chance that we will be granted a visa? please give me some advise and tips on how to apply.
thank you very much

I knew someone who were in the same boat as you..

WHat you did and your solicitor advised were right.

I would suggest that you get married there in Phils before thinking of applying a visa to UK. Spouse visa is really a good idea for an overstayer than fiance visa.

You also must show that you have a really strong of evidence that you're both have a genuine relationship and can show that you have got accommodation waiting for all you in UK, stable job and income for your husband and explain how did you met your partner etc..

You'll have to satisfy the British Embassy that you're a genuine applicant to do this you MUST supply ALL evidence you may have and they required.

I also advised you to search info on this forum and official immigration websites ie. Home Office and British EMbassy in Phils. There was a lot of previous topics and members here who were in the same case as you.

donnabelvaldeo
28th July 2009, 15:10
thank you very much, Lady J for your advise. its a great help to releave my worries.

blessedlady89
28th July 2009, 15:25
Donnabelvaldeo
pls. send me your email add at patience0911@hotmail.com.
There is something you might need to know.

thank you very much, Lady J for your advise. its a great help to releave my worries.

donnabelvaldeo
3rd August 2009, 13:30
to blessedlady89,
thank you for your eagerness to help. this is my email ad donnabelvaldeo@yahoo.com
God bless you.

Jay&Zobel
3rd August 2009, 14:40
Donnabelvaldeo
pls. send me your email add at
There is something you might need to know.

to blessedlady89,
thank you for your eagerness to help. this is my email ad God bless you.

Ladies please remove your EMAIL Addresses please. This is a public forum :xxgrinning--00xx3:

blessedlady89
8th August 2009, 12:47
Hi Donna

Please chk you email

to blessedlady89,
thank you for your eagerness to help. this is my email ad donnabelvaldeo@yahoo.com
God bless you.

blessedlady89
8th August 2009, 12:48
Hi Donna

Please check your email

to blessedlady89,
God bless you.

donnabelvaldeo
13th August 2009, 14:59
to blessedlady89,
i'm sorry but i didnt get an email from you. if you can send it to me again, pls. do.
thank you.

blessedlady89
25th August 2009, 16:27
to blessedlady89,
i'm sorry but i didnt get an email from you. if you can send it to me again, pls. do.
thank you.

I resend the message to you.