View Full Version : My Filipina has started to call me Daddy????

Fitzy
17th June 2009, 13:32
Very strange thing, my girl who is in CDO has started calling me Daddy!!
Us in the west may have a different interpretation if someone call us that, like sugar daddy for example!!!
She is a nice girl, so i am she she does not think of me like that.
Has anybody experienced such an affection????

Thanks ........

Sophie
17th June 2009, 13:39
Us in the west may have a different interpretation if someone call us that, like sugar daddy for example!!!
Has anybody experienced such an affection???

Hi fitzy....In the philippines we use all sorts of terms of endearment aside from honey, sweetheart, darling,dear, baby, love, etc....We also use some unusual ones such as mommy/daddy (mom/dad) or mama/papa (ma/pa) which is normally used by married couples....and it has no connotation of being a sugar mommy or daddy at all....
So don't worry, i think your girl called you that, as she feels so married to you already....and that's a good sign :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ji&Ma
17th June 2009, 13:41
Has anybody experienced such an affection????

Thanks ........
Yeah - no worries about it Fitzy, my mahal calls me "daddy" as well...:xxgrinning--00xx3:
... for no reason (I hope)....:Erm::omg::icon_lol::D

Sangoma
17th June 2009, 13:42
We often call each other "dad" or "ma", not with any meaning in mind, just that you get so used to saying to the kids "where's ma" or "go and ask ma", and then the kids refering to us as mu and dad.

For us it doesn't have any other meaning.

Pity in a way, I'll have no warning if she thinks she's expecting :)

Fitzy
17th June 2009, 13:54
Thank god 4 dat, lol

Thank u so much.
I can rest, hehehehehehehe

Mrs.JMajor
17th June 2009, 13:56
And that sounds sweet huh!!:D Dont worry Dad:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

Tawi2
17th June 2009, 14:00
I would never call a girlfriend "Mummy" thats too oedipus complex for me:ARsurrender: But I did find many sites for people like that when I googled MILF whilst looking for info on the Moro Islamic Liberation Front :cwm24::omg::ARsurrender: Shocking whats online nowadays I tell you :ARsurrender:

adam&chryss
17th June 2009, 14:22
i started calling my husband 'daddy' when Isaac was born :)

think she just wants you to treat her like a baby :)

Sophie
17th June 2009, 14:41
i started calling my husband 'daddy' when Isaac was born :)

think she just wants you to treat her like a baby :)

Me and hubby call each other "BABY" :D lol......And everytime some people hear us call each other that, they give us a second look and smile,
i guess for some people here, they don't hear this term of endearment quite often. :D:D:D:D

IainBusby
17th June 2009, 15:01
Well you did say you were trying for a baby so maybe she's trying to tell you something! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sim11UK
17th June 2009, 17:14
Well you did say you were trying for a baby so maybe she's trying to tell you something! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Very true :xxgrinning--00xx3: :D

Ana_may365
17th June 2009, 18:56
i call 'honey' my hubby and he call me sometimes 'darling'which i dont like,much better he call me 'love':D:D:D

Fitzy
17th June 2009, 20:57
Well, it looks like I opened a can of worms here:omg:
Just kidding:D:D
Well, we normally call each other hon, or baby:)
I showed her one of the replies here, and she thought it was funny when i mentioned our definition of such a term:icon_lol:
We often redfer to each other as Husband, and Wife, hehehehe
Who knows, I may be a Daddy after August:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:
To be honest, before I posted here I was getting worried:Rasp:

Great forum!

aromulus
17th June 2009, 22:39
"My Filipina"........:Erm:

:NoNo:

Ana_may365
18th June 2009, 13:23

what u mean here,mod?:D

aromulus
18th June 2009, 14:29
what u mean here,mod?:D

It's just that in my opinion doesn't sound right.:Erm:

"My Filipina"....:NoNo:

"My Filipina wife", would sound much better, and correct.

I may just be nitpicking, but to me it is wrong. It is like describing an object, my car, my house, my hammer. etc.:omg:

I would never introduce Jet, as "My Filipina"....
Or refeer to her as that. :NoNo:

My two pence only, don't take umbrage.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs Daddy
18th June 2009, 15:37
hey guys you have all murdered my surname:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Ji&Ma
18th June 2009, 16:20
hey guys you have all murdered my surname:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
Actually for some reason I've been expecting you in here:Erm::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::omg:

Mrs Daddy
18th June 2009, 16:24
Actually for some reason I've been expecting you in here:Erm::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::omg:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

aug06_2006
18th June 2009, 16:27
We normally call each other 'my love' and then my hubby call me baby,beaut or angel but since we have our son I call him "dad" and he call 'mom'... One time when I called my hubby 'dad' and one of my friend neice heard me and she asked if my hubby is my dad hehehe! It was funny!

Mrs Daddy
18th June 2009, 16:38
My other half calls me cherub,babycakes,petal and so on and so forth!:D:D:D

joebloggs
19th June 2009, 12:48
as long as she doesn't start calling you sugar daddy :D

time to lock your wallet up then :xxparty-smiley-004:

:D

MarBell379
19th June 2009, 13:22
Personally I find it more disturbing that you term her 'your filipina' rather than her calling you daddy. I would find it extremely insulting if I was referred to by my fiancee as 'her english'.

aromulus
19th June 2009, 19:08
Personally I find it more disturbing that you term her 'your filipina' rather than her calling you daddy. I would find it extremely insulting if I was referred to by my fiancee as 'her english'.

I see.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

We seem to share the same view on this subject.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
19th June 2009, 19:16
as others have said may she think its a nice pet name,why dont you talk about it with her,its something i would want to be called by my wife but my big daddy isnt so bad?

Fitzy
19th June 2009, 20:05

Have I missed something????

Did I sound insulting??????

Fitzy
19th June 2009, 20:07

Sorry I didn't know!!!

Fitzy
19th June 2009, 20:08
as long as she doesn't start calling you sugar daddy :D

time to lock your wallet up then :xxparty-smiley-004:

:D

Yah, lol:D:D

I think i'm safe there:Rasp:

aromulus
19th June 2009, 20:11
Did I sound insulting??????

It sounds a little patronising....:NoNo:

But it is only my impression, so don't worry about it.:rolleyes:

bornatbirth
19th June 2009, 20:20
it doesnt sound so bad to me,when we all together calling her my filipina is kinda cute but i wouldnt refer to my wife as my filipina to others!