aromulus
17th June 2009, 10:14
i will publish blog later today:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Look at what the cat has dragged back in......:Erm::D

Hope you had a marvellous time.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Welcome back.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

LEAHnew
17th June 2009, 11:00
welcome back les...looking forward for your blog:)

les_taxi
19th June 2009, 11:40
hi,everyone sorry for delay. ok just quick recap,met maricel in davao last october and stayed for 2 weeks,fantastic time lovely girl and very sad to leave.:bigcry:

Fast forward a few months and im thinking that i'm really missing maricel:love: and we have to meet asap! now i;m saving hard again so we can meet ,we both agree may would be a good time:xxgrinning--00xx3: and 7 months since our first meeting.

I then started thinking hmm how about we meet in thailand as it's a new country for me to visit and also maricel had never been abroad so sounds like a good idea.
The love of my life was more than happy to meet in thailand:xxgrinning--00xx3: and was very excited and nervous too:cwm12: at the prospect of her 1st trip abroad! the day arrives for me to leave (i'm leaving on 17th may,maricel 18th may).

My flight was easy from uk-amsterdam-bankok with quick changeover so was it bankok early afternoon 18th may. maricel was arriving at midnight so i sat outside and forcebly instructed to drink a few lagers while i wait:D

Soon it was time to meet maricel and after a short ride back to the airport i was waiting near the meeting point.after a short delay i saw the gorgeous smile and here was my darling:Hellooo:

it felt like we had not really been apart and we were so together after seconds,a very natural feeling for us:)
maricel complained of her long flight:yikes:lol (it's a long 4 hrs:D) but joking aside she had to have a long long wait in manila before her flight was due:doh

So we went back to hotel to rest:D the next day we were heading the 40 min drive to downtown bangkok staying in the bosshotel which was well situated near the river but not easy for our taxi driver to find.

One thing which suprised me was the lack of english spoken sometimes it was very hard to understand or order correctly i thought with the tourism that english would be spoken in most places.:Erm:

The hotel was ok and handy for the trip to our upcoming grand palace visit the next day.
We had a rest and went out to the night market which is a collection of bars,shops,eating places and large stage with live music.we enjoyed it and returned back to hotel looking forward to our grand palace trip the next day:)tbc...[/B][/SIZE]

Tawi2
19th June 2009, 11:48
Lots of pinays in Bangkok Les,they teach english,one of them told me the one thing that annoys her is Thais automatically assume she is also a Thai and chatter away to her in their native tongue,I suppose at first its funny,but 30 or 40 times a day over a period of time it becimes a tad.....:Brick::icon_lol:

islander
19th June 2009, 16:50
hi les!

Me & my hubby had been to Thailand also for our honeymoon. We did enjoyed our stay there. We've been to safari world, dream world, bridge over the river kwai & tiger temple where we both experienced close encounter with tigers & even had photographs with it, very scary tho but it's worth the experience.

Hope you have time to visit those places also! Enjoy & have fun together!

Jay&Zobel
20th June 2009, 11:12
Hi Les!

Happy to know you enjoyed your holiday with your girl! Post some photos in your profile hehe so we can take a peek... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

______

Hi Islander,
We've never been to Thailand and any other neighbouring countries (just been to Hongkong & Singapore airports only - if it counts :Erm:)...

Fancy going to China for real, to see Kung Fu Kingdoms & the likes hehehe... I just love watching martial arts movies hehehe... :rolleyes::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
20th June 2009, 11:26
Martial arts movies Jayzee?Ever seen a Jackie Chan movie called Drunken Masters II?I am in it :icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
20th June 2009, 13:16
______

Hi Islander,
We've never been to Thailand and any other neighbouring countries (just been to Hongkong & Singapore airports only - if it counts :Erm:)...

Fancy going to China for real, to see Kung Fu Kingdoms & the likes hehehe... I just love watching martial arts movies hehehe... :rolleyes::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Martial arts movies Jayzee?Ever seen a Jackie Chan movie called Drunken Masters II?I am in it :icon_lol:

Hehe... It's quite an old movie hehehe (15 y/o)... no I haven't i don't think but old MA movies were/are hilarious...

The lastest film that we've watched of Jackie Chan was the FORBIDDEN KINGDOM hehe... he was :Beer::Beer::party-smiley-012::party-smiley-012::party-smiley-012::party-smiley-012::40__s::40__s: the whole time... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: and Jet Li was the Monkey King!!!!

Jackie Chan & Jet Li are my heroes hahahaha :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
21st June 2009, 12:06
Next day arrives and after being led down a side street by a dodgy boat vender we are zooming along the river towards the grand palace:) we both thought it was amazing seeing the giant reclining buddha,and most prized emerald buddha.

It was a hot day and a helpful giude started to become very friendly with us and guess what i fell for it!,he is now leading us to see one of the "masters":yikes:with a promise of great luck in our lives.maricel is shaking her head at me but i have commited us and i have seen enough episodes of kung fu to know what may happen if we refuse(side note sad to hear of david carradine).

Our guide has knocked on door and after removing shoes we are told to sit at feet of orange clad master! after blessing us with water and chant the trinkets come out:doh asking the price we are quoted approx £20 each:omg: and prosperity is guaranteed:xxgrinning--00xx3:-not for me but for the master:icon_lol:

A donation was then suggested:Help1: and after handing over a release payment please of £2.00 we were free:xxgrinning--00xx3: to be honest i really enjoyed it and it still makes me smile and realise i should listen to my clued up girlfriend more:icon_lol:

We then returned to our hired tuk tuk who drove us to various other sites and jewlery shops so he could get free fuel if we just looked around a while:Cuckoo: Upon dropping us off back at the river the original quote had increased considerably but i am now expecting this and he was with us a long time.

So returning to our hotel via river taxi although not sure which was our stop lol.we had an indian meal which was different to say the least and back to hotel looking forward to our trip to phuket the next day and for me the more engaging part of the holiday. (just to add at all times we felt safe in bangkok having arrived just weeks after the protests)

les_taxi
21st June 2009, 12:31
Hi Les!

Happy to know you enjoyed your holiday with your girl! Post some photos in your profile hehe so we can take a peek... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

______
I have uploaded some photos:)

Jay&Zobel
21st June 2009, 13:20

______
I have uploaded some photos:)

Great photos Les!!! Thanks for sharing!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

nigel
21st June 2009, 14:13
It's nice to hear your having fun!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
21st June 2009, 18:48
Good to hear you had fun in thailand :)

les_taxi
22nd June 2009, 12:39
Yipee at last it's time to fly down to phuket:) so after 40 min drive to airport,short delay til flight leaves and we are up in the air! then wooosh a drop of god knows how many feet:yikes:plane either hits air pocket or pilot falls asleep:omg:
Everyone screams:censored:i turn to maricel she is smiling and says "that was good hope it happens again it was like being on a rollercoaster":doh i am so pleased i took ample supply of immodium:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Landed in phuket without further incident and got a posh taxi to take us the 30min trip to our hotel.on arrival at hotel we were very impressed the amari coral hotel it is gorgeous.

I use trip advisor when looking for hotels as you find out what people who have stayed in hotels really think of them and the amari was voted no1 in phuket and i totally agreed with the rating. oh how nice to get to the beach and swimming pools at our hotel,it seemed a world away from noisy,grubby bangkok.

We got settled in our room and had a quick walk about to check the hotel out and we were very happy.we agreed to relax and then check out the infamous :D patong beach later.

So hand in hand we set of towards the beach and kapow! the noise and liveliness of the bars,shops hits you like a smack in the face:cwm12:
we soon learnt to ignore all eye contact with anyone selling from tuk tuk and taxi rides to "hey rolex mister" "eat here","hey boss":Rasp:

To be fair we both enjoyed the energy and action of patong beach but it was nice to return to the calmness and security of our hotel at the far side of the beach set in its own grounds away from the hustle and bustle:xxgrinning--00xx3:

The next day it was relax time :) pool,sunbeds,nice snacks and singapore slings all round:xxgrinning--00xx3:i though mmm the pool looks nice i'm off for a dip,maricel said she would join me soon.now i'm an ok swimmer no more and maricel does a great doggie paddle,soon she climbs into the pool and heads towards me:D

The problem was i was very near the deep end so water was up to my shoulders so when maricel leapt towards me it pushed me back wards and my head underwater:yikes: maricel then proceeded to swallow lots of water while i'm frantically trying to throw her towards the shallow end but it's not easy when i myself was already under water running out of air::Help1:
thankfully after lots of thrashing about in the water we were safe:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Then the awful realisation that this had been a great show to all the people by the poolside:icon_lol: all we needed now were a cople of performing seals and a dolphin to complete the show!that was embarrasing to say the least!!! but at least we lived to tell the tale:xxgrinning--00xx3:although maricel still claims i tried to drown her:D

aposhark
22nd June 2009, 16:43
Hi Les,

Great to hear that you are having a great time with your lady in Thailand.

I hope it's not too late to mention the phrase that Rochelyn had to say every hour when everyone mistook her for a Thai lady there.

"Phood Thai Mai Dai" ("I don't speak Thai").

Everyone was shocked when she told them she was a Filipina.
I suppose Asian ladies DO look similar then :-)

Have fun there, we hired a moped in Krabi in May, which was a lot of fun!

BTW, take some scuba tanks to the swimming pool, then you can inspect the coins on the pool floor!!

nigel
22nd June 2009, 18:52
Question, how many times have you heard the phrase "You handsome man!" or "Me love you long time!" or "No money no honey!" I'm just joking of course!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I bet Thai girls are lovely, much the same as our Filipina's I expect..

Tawi2
22nd June 2009, 20:17
Nigel,been to Thailand loads of times,and Vietnam,never once heard "Me love you long time" :Erm:Everyone gets that from the Da Nang prostitute in "Full Metal Jacket" :icon_lol:

Sophie
22nd June 2009, 21:06
I bet Thai girls are lovely, much the same as our Filipina's I expect..

Only one way to find out.........:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:

aposhark
22nd June 2009, 21:15
Only one way to find out.........:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:

We value our lives too much. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

les_taxi
22nd June 2009, 22:26
well to be honest now i seen thai and filipino women i have to say the filipino girls are prettier:)

aromulus
22nd June 2009, 22:51
well to be honest now i seen thai and filipino women i have to say the filipino girls are prettier:)

Is someone holding a sharp knife anywhere near......:icon_tonguew:????

Jay&Zobel
22nd June 2009, 23:41

amen too that!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
22nd June 2009, 23:46
I have had a few Thai girlfriends(real ones,birth-certificate ones,not post surgery ones)very nice ladies :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
23rd June 2009, 10:13
i'm safe for now:D,but really filipino girls ARE prettier i noticed that thai girls look slightly more oriental and of course are more street wise! that makes the filipino more appealing and their inner beauty shines through:)

islander
23rd June 2009, 14:01
i'm safe for now:D,but really filipino girls ARE prettier i noticed that thai girls look slightly more oriental and of course are more street wise! that makes the filipino more appealing and their inner beauty shines through:)

my husband TOTALLY AGREED TO THAT STATEMENT! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

he also added that filipinas speak better english rather than thai.

Les_lady888
23rd June 2009, 14:16
:)

Les_lady888
26th June 2009, 14:37
Yipee at last it's time to fly down to phuket:) so after 40 min drive to airport,short delay til flight leaves and we are up in the air! then wooosh a drop of god knows how many feet:yikes:plane either hits air pocket or pilot falls asleep:omg:
Everyone screams:censored:i turn to maricel she is smiling and says "that was good hope it happens again it was like being on a rollercoaster":doh i am so pleased i took ample supply of immodium:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes I got so excited with the sudden drop down!:Hellooo::D ...and indeed enjoyed it!:BouncyHappy:.....Les turned to me saying everyone was getting pale coz of fear and he had this look seemingly wondering why I seem to be enjoying it :yikes:......oh but well I didn't know that I was supposed to get scared like the others!!:doh

But honestly, if there was a second drop down then maybe I'll start praying the rosary. :Help1:

Tawi2
26th June 2009, 14:41
In the early days when I used to fly into Manila I often saw pinays fiddling with their rosaries,crossing themselves,and mummbling under their breath,that was before the plane even took off:cwm24: But whenever the plane landed at NAIA they would all break into spontaneous applause,it doesnt happen so much nowadays though :Erm: Maybe you hit a pocket of clear-air turbulence that caused the drop?:Erm:

Les_lady888
26th June 2009, 14:45
The next day it was relax time :) pool,sunbeds,nice snacks and singapore slings all round:xxgrinning--00xx3:i though mmm the pool looks nice i'm off for a dip,maricel said she would join me soon.now i'm an ok swimmer no more and maricel does a great doggie paddle,soon she climbs into the pool and heads towards me:D

The problem was i was very near the deep end so water was up to my shoulders so when maricel leapt towards me it pushed me back wards and my head underwater:yikes: maricel then proceeded to swallow lots of water while i'm frantically trying to throw her towards the shallow end but it's not easy when i myself was already under water running out of air::Help1:
thankfully after lots of thrashing about in the water we were safe:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Then the awful realisation that this had been a great show to all the people by the poolside:icon_lol: all we needed now were a cople of performing seals and a dolphin to complete the show!that was embarrasing to say the least!!! but at least we lived to tell the tale:xxgrinning--00xx3:although maricel still claims i tried to drown her:D

Yes he did try to drown me!!:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::Help1:

I think I drank more than 5 glasses of pool water then....Phew! It was supposedly an embarrassing moment....but the funny thing was, nobody seemed to care. The other foreigners in the pool didn't seem to mind us....It was like they were in their own worlds lol :icon_lol: and can't be bothered lol.....So Les and I just laughed it off after realizing how cuckoos we were out there in the pool :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Les_lady888
26th June 2009, 14:50
In the early days when I used to fly into Manila I often saw pinays fiddling with their rosaries,crossing themselves,and mummbling under their breath,that was before the plane even took off:cwm24: But whenever the plane landed at NAIA they would all break into spontaneous applause,it doesnt happen so much nowadays though :Erm: Maybe you hit a pocket of clear-air turbulence that caused the drop?:Erm:

I'm not sure what was it....All I can remember was we experienced consistent turbulence and then went the sudden drop.

aromulus
26th June 2009, 15:19
Yes he did try to drown me!!:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::Help1:

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Did you check if he took travel insurance for you....????:D

Les_lady888
26th June 2009, 15:35
Did you check if he took travel insurance for you....????:D

Well even if he did, he won't be benefiting from it.....no insurable interest yet :Rasp: