PDA

View Full Version : Darkside

pennybarry
14th June 2009, 08:35
Sometimes I hate to read The Sun Newspapers because they always prefer to display the darkside of Philippines:cwm23:

Who knows, some filipino workers have nice and better house in Philippines than The Sun staffs:D

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2479776/Workers-told-to-emigrate.html

KeithD
14th June 2009, 08:42
Scousers don't read The Sun after what they done after Hillsborough :cwm23:

Readership in Liverpool is still the lowest in the UK, we have long memories :xxgrinning--00xx3: .....although it can be bad as well as I remember being born out of my mothers :omg: :vomit-smiley-011:

aromulus
14th June 2009, 08:46
Sometimes I hate to read The Sun Newspapers because they always prefer to display the darkside of Philippines:cwm23:

Who knows, some filipino workers have nice and better house in Philippines than The Sun staffs:D

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2479776/Workers-told-to-emigrate.html

As far as I can read, nothing bad is mentioned about the Philippines, dear....:doh

Only about some call-centre workers that don't like having their jobs relocated overthere.....:omg:

thejarvs
14th June 2009, 09:41
hmmm I might apply for a job with T-mobile in a call centre in phil :D I would jump at the chance to relocate (I'm biased though), a quick search and there is a job for an accounts manager £70,000 thats a good wage in UK let alone Phil.

I think penny is refering to the photos it's not a flattering pic of manila but saying that the one from scotland isn't great :icon_lol:

darren-b
14th June 2009, 09:47
As far as I can read, nothing bad is mentioned about the Philippines, dear....:doh

Only about some call-centre workers that don't like having their jobs relocated overthere.....:omg:

And the fact that the company may be trying to avoid paying them redundancy payments.

Sophie
14th June 2009, 10:09
I think penny is refering to the photos it's not a flattering pic of manila

Yes, it was a bad photo indeed.....why did the photo showed the slums anyway?:Erm: I don't think that's where this company will relocate?....:Erm::yikes::omg:
No wonder the workers from scotland are so scared of being transferred there :doh Who would want to work in the slums? :Erm::icon_lol::icon_lol:
This photo is a deliberate and absolute misrepresentation....... :NoNo::NoNo::doh
They should have posted a photo of the business district areas such as makati and ortigas.....since this areas are more likely to be the relocation spot
and not the slums that they showed on the photo.......:D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:
Philippines does not primarily consist of slum areas........we have largely more pleasant, urbane and progressive areas than slum areas.....

darren-b
14th June 2009, 15:48
Yes, it was a bad photo indeed.....why did the photo showed the slums anyway?:Erm: I don't think that's where this company will relocate?....:Erm::yikes::omg:
No wonder the workers from scotland are so scared of being transferred there :doh Who would want to work in the slums? :Erm::icon_lol::icon_lol:
This photo is a deliberate and absolute misrepresentation....... :NoNo::NoNo::doh
They should have posted a photo of the business district areas such as makati and ortigas.....since this areas are more likely to be the relocation spot
and not the slums that they showed on the photo.......:D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:
Philippines does not primarily consist of slum areas........we have largely more pleasant, urbane and progressive areas than slum areas.....

I think you are missing the point totally.

The photo the newspaper used was just a stock photo and whatever you say it is representative of Manila (slums and new tower blocks) and the Philippines in general. It's not a case of the workers being scared, it's just that most if not all of them would not want to uproot their familys and move to the otherside of the world, especially as if they did it is likely their wages would be re-adjusted and/or they would have their contracts terminated as soon as posssible.

To be honest the company is not expecting anyone to move, it is just playing games during the consultation period it's obliged to have when making large number of jobs redundant and trying to reduce the amount of money it's going to have to pay out.

Sophie
14th June 2009, 16:41
The photo the newspaper used was just a stock photo

Exactly my point.....what a prejudicial and biased stock of photo, just showing the slums as a representation of manila or the philippines as a whole.....

and whatever you say it is representative of Manila (slums and new tower blocks)

True..... however, in the photo i only see slums, i don't see any new tower blocks or any of that sort......

Now, that's my only point and nothing else.....

darren-b
14th June 2009, 18:30

Exactly my point.....what a prejudicial and biased stock of photo, just showing the slums as a representation of manila or the philippines as a whole.....

and whatever you say it is representative of Manila (slums and new tower blocks)

True..... however, in the photo i only see slums, i don't see any new tower blocks or any of that sort......

Try looking in the background of the photo....

pennybarry
14th June 2009, 18:35

Sorry MOD I was referring to photo. Slum:doh

I think penny is refering to the photos it's not a flattering pic of manila but saying that the one from scotland isn't great :icon_lol:

Absolutely right !!!

And the fact that the company may be trying to avoid paying them redundancy payments.

Yes they must have redundancy pay

pennybarry
14th June 2009, 18:38

Have you seen Makati Bel-Air, Forbes Park, White Plains?

Is that really how manila looks like?

All slums? :NoNo:

somebody
14th June 2009, 18:45

Chill a phill newspaper would probably show buck palace or tower bridge (the one most phill think is london bridge) as probably first stock picture they have.

Most likely they just googled for a picture and many people show pretty iffy pictures of glasgow show the tower blocks.

At least they showed a mixture what from what i have seen manila is it has its rich parts and poorer parts. Many of which would be no go areas for many british families if moved there at least at first.

As Darren B has mentioned as people living in Britain i would be worried how the company is treating the workers here.

This time its people in Glasgow next it maybe closer to home.

If you and your loved ones in the UK were told be fired or move to Nigeria (first country which came in to my head) and work with the local employment rules and pay. The keeping same terms and condtions will go out the window almost for certain. Would you be worrying about the picture in the news article or have more pressing concerns?

What about their other halfs do they quit their job?

Yes i know many phill families are split up but usually they are not forced to go or be fired from their job.

Tawi2
14th June 2009, 18:48
Nigeria :omg::cwm24::NoNo: As somebody said,stock photo,dont take it to heart :icon_lol:

vbkelly
14th June 2009, 19:01
Have you seen Makati Bel-Air, Forbes Park, White Plains?

Is that really how manila looks like?

All slums? :NoNo:

it might the writer never been that place in manila ate penny

Tawi2
14th June 2009, 19:07
VB its probable that the writer has never visited manila,pinas nor even asia :icon_lol:

pennybarry
14th June 2009, 19:08
it might the writer never been that place in manila ate penny

I think so:D:icon_lol:

Sophie
14th June 2009, 19:09

Oh, sorry i overlooked and missed the background (buildings and tower of the business district).......
probably because the image is vague and just a mere silhouette while the slums are shown as the primary image at a very clear precision.....

joebloggs
14th June 2009, 21:10
As Darren B has mentioned as people living in Britain i would be worried how the company is treating the workers here.

This time its people in Glasgow next it maybe closer to home.

If you and your loved ones in the UK were told be fired or move to Nigeria (first country which came in to my head) and work with the local employment rules and pay. The keeping same terms and condtions will go out the window almost for certain. Would you be worrying about the picture in the news article or have more pressing concerns?

What about their other halfs do they quit their job?

British jobs for foreign workers :D

well we all know brown and HM gov cannot protect British jobs, you would have thought the EU would :Erm:, its one thing to move jobs around the EU but out of the EU is another matter.

why doesn't the EU fine T-mob ? they fined Microsoft and Intel for doing deals with PC Makers, then why not fine T-mob for moving jobs out of the EU, when its obvious the jobs are being moved to the phils just to save on the wage bill, yet the service they provide is in the UK and europe. no T-mob in the phils :NoNo:.. fine them for each job moved :D

i would have thought there will be many people taking them to an employment tribunal for breech of contract, i'm sure t-mob would have to pay the same wage what they get now in the phils, so if many people said yes i'll go, then t-mob would not be saving so much, and not much point in moving them then.

pennybarry
15th June 2009, 06:44
hmmm I might apply for a job with T-mobile in a call centre in phil :D I would jump at the chance to relocate (I'm biased though), a quick search and there is a job for an accounts manager £70,000 thats a good wage in UK let alone Phil.

If they hired British married to Filipina or vice versa, it would be great as some of us wants to relocate.:D I would love to relocate if the price is right. We have already place to live and no need to rent:xxgrinning--00xx3:

British jobs for foreign workers :D

well we all know brown and HM gov cannot protect British jobs, you would have thought the EU would :Erm:, its one thing to move jobs around the EU but out of the EU is another matter.

why doesn't the EU fine T-mob ? they fined Microsoft and Intel for doing deals with PC Makers, then why not fine T-mob for moving jobs out of the EU, when its obvious the jobs are being moved to the phils just to save on the wage bill, yet the service they provide is in the UK and europe. no T-mob in the phils :NoNo:.. fine them for each job moved :D

i would have thought there will be many people taking them to an employment tribunal for breech of contract, i'm sure t-mob would have to pay the same wage what they get now in the phils, so if many people said yes i'll go, then t-mob would not be saving so much, and not much point in moving them then.

Hard to get Job security here I'm afraid. :NoNo:

darren-b
15th June 2009, 06:52

From what I heard they don't want them to go anyay as they already have the workers in place in the Philippines. And even if they did move and were protected by TUPE that would only last for so long.

ukgangster
15th June 2009, 13:12
Scousers can't read

Yeah we know, calm down.

joebloggs
15th June 2009, 19:10
And even if they did move and were protected by TUPE that would only last for so long.

what's bruces wig got to do with it :D

and why would tupe come into it ? is t-mob being bought out by someone :Erm: they will still be working for t-mob :Erm:

darren-b
15th June 2009, 19:58
what's bruces wig got to do with it :D

and why would tupe come into it ? is t-mob being bought out by someone :Erm: they will still be working for t-mob :Erm:

The way I read it is the current call centre in Scotland is run by TSC (Indian owned) and new one in Manila is run by 24/7 (Philippines owned).

Tawi2
15th June 2009, 20:07
I was phoned last year by an employee of a pinoy call-centre,he was in Makati,I asked him was he pinoy(pinoy ka ba?)bad move,he was a bayot and phoned me four or five times over the course of a month for a chat :cwm24::omg:He asked me to be his friend and he would show me around manila :omg:

Scouse
15th June 2009, 20:12
Scousers don't read The Sun after what they done after Hillsborough :cwm23:

Readership in Liverpool is still the lowest in the UK, we have long memories :xxgrinning--00xx3: .....although it can be bad as well as I remember being born out of my mothers :omg: :vomit-smiley-011:

We don't even allow it in the house!

Jay&Zobel
15th June 2009, 20:27
I was phoned last year by an employee of a pinoy call-centre,he was in Makati,I asked him was he pinoy(pinoy ka ba?)bad move,he was a bayot and phoned me four or five times over the course of a month for a chat :cwm24::omg:He asked me to be his friend and he would show me around manila :omg:

You are such a Bayot Magnet Tawi2!!! Almost all your posts are kind of bakla related hahaha:omg::omg::D:D:D:D:D:omg::omg:

Tawi2
15th June 2009, 20:35
Maybe its the aura I give off :Erm: You know,some guys are sort of irresistable to women,and some guys are just sort of irresistable to guys :Erm:Do you think I should change my aftershave :Erm:I use "Pour Homme" which maybe they take literally :Erm::ARsurrender::NoNo:

nigel
15th June 2009, 21:14
I'd love to live and work in Philippines! Anyone got a job for me?:cwm34:

Sophie
15th June 2009, 21:56
Maybe its the aura I give off :Erm: You know,some guys are sort of irresistable to women,and some guys are just sort of irresistable to guys :Erm:Do you think I should change my aftershave :Erm:I use "Pour Homme" which maybe they take literally :Erm::ARsurrender::NoNo:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
15th June 2009, 22:16
Some guys have a habit of being in the right place at the right time,my failing is always wrong place at wrong time,a few weeks ago I actually stumbled upon 2 naked guys in a corn field while walking my sisters dog :cwm24:Luckily the dog had been fed :icon_lol: I didnt know gentlemen of a certain age and persuasion parked in the local car-park to meet their "Friends" :Erm::cwm24::cwm34:

Sophie
15th June 2009, 22:22
Some guys have a habit of being in the right place at the right time,my failing is always wrong place at wrong time,a few weeks ago I actually stumbled upon 2 naked guys in a corn field while walking my sisters dog :cwm24:Luckily the dog had been fed :icon_lol: I didnt know gentlemen of a certain age and persuasion parked in the local car-park to meet their "Friends" :Erm::cwm24::cwm34:

they're probably just sunbathing and they prefer the corn field than the beach :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
15th June 2009, 22:26
Thanks for enlightening me sophie,so they were just rubbing suntan lotion into each others "Hard to reach" places :Erm:

Sophie
15th June 2009, 22:30
Thanks for enlightening me sophie,so they were just rubbing suntan lotion into each others "Hard to reach places" :Erm:

literally, hahahaha :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Pepe n Pilar
15th June 2009, 22:33
their back is hard?!!:rolleyes::Erm:

Awww the thread started from Darkside.... now it's hard....:doh:omg:

If there is darkness there is hard?!!!..:doh:icon_lol::Erm::rolleyes:

Is my English right?:Brick::Brick::Brick:

Sophie
15th June 2009, 22:34
their back is hard?!!:rolleyes::Erm:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Sophie
15th June 2009, 22:36
or maybe they rub each other's feet, that's "hard to reach" too :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
15th June 2009, 22:39
From the brief glimpse before I rapidly back-tracked to the car park they were both having a hard time :omg::NoNo::ARsurrender:Some things are best left to the imagination :ARsurrender:

Sophie
15th June 2009, 22:42
From the brief glimpse before I rapidly back-tracked to the car park they were both having a hard time :omg::NoNo::ARsurrender:Some things are best left to the imagination :ARsurrender:

oh well :D:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Pepe n Pilar
15th June 2009, 22:48

Enough of the word "hard" Tawi2 :icon_lol:. Let's go back to the darkside :icon_lol::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:....

Hard in the darkness....:cwm34::Erm::rolleyes::doh
Huh! back to the topic....:Hellooo::ARsurrender:

Tawi2
15th June 2009, 22:50
What was the topic again :Erm:sorry for the digression,oh yeah,Manila...........the darkside:D (Brownout?):Erm:

Sophie
15th June 2009, 22:50
Enough of the word "hard" Tawi2 :icon_lol:. Let's go back to the darkside :icon_lol::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:....

Hard in the darkness....:cwm34:
Huh! back to the topic....:Hellooo:

hahahahahaha :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Pepe n Pilar
15th June 2009, 22:54
What was the topic again :Erm:sorry for the digression,oh yeah,Manila...........the darkside:D (Brownout?):Erm:

Oh yeah.. Manila...darkside...brownout... equals many children...:yikes::yikes::icon_lol::doh:Brick::Brick:

Sophie
15th June 2009, 22:57
Oh yeah.. Manila...darkside...brownout... equals many children...:yikes::yikes::icon_lol::doh:Brick::Brick:

many children equals slums.....hence the darkside, as this thread is about :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
15th June 2009, 22:59
Brownout=family planting=mga bata=walang pera=pobre ako=slums=Manila,the darkside :bigcry:

Sophie
15th June 2009, 23:01
Brownout=family planting=mga bata=walang pera=pobre ako=slums=Manila,the darkside :bigcry:

now were back to the topic :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Pepe n Pilar
15th June 2009, 23:04
many children equals slums.....hence the darkside, as this thread is about :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Thanks Sophie you have diverted these comedy posts back to the original title.. the Darkside....:)

but

i won't elaborate anymore for it might bring us to another title..:Rasp::icon_lol:

There is a family of 14 children but lives in a posh village and owns a car company. Nevermind... back to the topic.....:D:)

Sophie
15th June 2009, 23:06
Thanks Sophie you have diverted these comedy posts back to the original title.. the Darkside....:)

but

i won't elaborate anymore for it might bring us to another title..:Rasp::icon_lol:

There is a family of 14 children but lives in a posh village and owns a car company. Nevermind... back to the topic.....:D:)

now that's the lighter side :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
15th June 2009, 23:06
14 KIDS :yikes:How do you do morning roll-call?Name?Rank?Or number? :Erm:

Sophie
15th June 2009, 23:10

none of the above tawi2, they are called by each of their father's names :yikes::omg::yikes::omg::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
15th June 2009, 23:12
:yikes::icon_lol::icon_lol: Smart thinking :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pepe n Pilar
15th June 2009, 23:15

By their respective names Tawi2...:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Is this the first time you hear of a family of 14 but lives a very good life?:):D

Tawi2
15th June 2009, 23:27
Sorry P&P,tiredness and old age are creeping up on me,I thought Sophie meant each child was named after its respective father in which case their mother must have had a very hectic social life :omg: But of course 14 seperate fathers is impossible...............Isnt it :Erm::ARsurrender::Cuckoo:

Sophie
15th June 2009, 23:31
Sorry P&P,tiredness and old age are creeping up on me,I thought Sophie meant each child was named after its respective father in which case their mother must have had a very hectic social life :omg: But of course 14 seperate fathers is impossible...............Isnt it :Erm::ARsurrender::Cuckoo:

yeah, maybe 14 different mothers, that's more likely :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
15th June 2009, 23:33
Maybe the brownout(manila,the darkside)confuses the guy?I am sure his wife looks the same as her sisters,cousins and mother in the dark :omg:

Sophie
15th June 2009, 23:35
Maybe the brownout(manila,the darkside)confuses the guy?I am sure his wife looks the same as her sisters,cousins and mother in the dark :omg:

include the granny too :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
15th June 2009, 23:38
:yikes: Lola-love????Thats just sooooooo wrong :NoNo::ARsurrender::icon_lol:

Pepe n Pilar
15th June 2009, 23:41

All of them came from the same parents....Mother doesn't look like she had that 14 children. She is well looked after by her husband and maintain her beauty regimen bec they belong to the "alta social" .....:):D
Never look lousy at all....:Hellooo:

Tawi2
15th June 2009, 23:45
They got their own personal football team plus substitutes :icon_lol: Hey,what happened to............The Dark Side :Erm:

Sophie
15th June 2009, 23:45
:yikes: Lola-love????Thats just sooooooo wrong :NoNo::ARsurrender::icon_lol:

How come? why leave granny out? All the female clan were included but her? :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Sophie
15th June 2009, 23:47
Hey,what happened to............The Dark Side :Erm:

were still in the dark side as were talking about 14 kids and how they came about :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
15th June 2009, 23:47
Sophie,I once stumbled upon an adult website(while looking for e-bay)which contains nude pics of octogenarian ladies :bigcry: Never in my wildest imagination :ARsurrender:

Sophie
15th June 2009, 23:50
Sophie,I once stumbled upon an adult website(while looking for e-bay)which contains nude pics of octogenarian ladies :bigcry: Never in my wildest imagination :ARsurrender:

oh well tawi2, it doesn't hurt to try something new once in a while :yikes::yikes::yikes::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
15th June 2009, 23:53
They most certainly werent NEW :yikes:One of them had antique tattoo'ed on her puet,and I dont mean antique on panay either :NoNo:When/if I live to be an octogenarian maybe,perhaps I will be attracted to such ladies :D

Sophie
15th June 2009, 23:56
They most certainly werent NEW :yikes:One of them had antique tattoo'ed on her puet,and I dont mean antique on panay either :NoNo:When/if I live to be an octogenarian maybe,perhaps I will be attracted to such ladies :D

until then???.........:D:D:D:D:D:D:Erm::Erm:

Pepe n Pilar
15th June 2009, 23:59

How do they look like Taw2? Can you pls give me the link? I've never seen one!:omg::D

Tawi2
16th June 2009, 00:04
P&P,just wait a while,maybe 40 or 50 years?I am certain you will see such a lady then :ARsurrender:Until then Sophie?Celibacy :D I dont agree with any form of physical contact outside of marriage:tdo13:

Sophie
16th June 2009, 00:07
How do they look like Taw2? Can you pls give me the link? I've never seen one!:omg::D

we'd rather not see one iye, as we might suddenly wish we were blind and wish we have not seen the horror............:omg::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Sophie
16th June 2009, 00:08
Until then Sophie?Celibacy :D I dont agree with any form of physical contact outside of marriage:tdo13:

amen to that :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::)
however, do not practice celibacy with your wife....:D:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Pepe n Pilar
16th June 2009, 00:12
P&P,just wait a while,maybe 40 or 50 years?I am certain you will see such a lady then :ARsurrender:Until then Sophie?Celibacy :D I dont agree with any form of physical contact outside of marriage:tdo13:

You mean i will see myself? :icon_lol::icon_lol::omg::omg:... but just curious of different body frames:Hellooo::D

we'd rather not see one iye, as we might suddenly wish we were blind and wish we have not seen the horror............:omg::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Horror??!!... Can't wait!:omg::doh:Brick:

Sophie
16th June 2009, 00:13
You mean i will see myself? :icon_lol::icon_lol::omg::omg:

Horror??!!... Can't wait!:omg::doh:Brick:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:kinakabagan nako sa kakatawa dito iye :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Pepe n Pilar
16th June 2009, 00:16
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:kinakabagan nako sa kakatawa dito iye :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Ang sakit na ng panga ko katatawa.... I'm sure Tawi2 can understand our tagalog:icon_lol::Erm:

Sophie
16th June 2009, 00:20
Ang sakit na ng panga ko katatawa.... Can Tawi2 understand us??:icon_lol::Erm:

most probably he can, as we can see, tawi2 is such an expert in pinoy stuff :D

pennybarry
16th June 2009, 06:42
The way I read it is the current call centre in Scotland is run by TSC (Indian owned) and new one in Manila is run by 24/7 (Philippines owned).

I have known some call centre in Philippines owned by Indian and Filipino. Three years ago, I was offered by my friend to open a small call centre business but I cannot afford yet and my spouse visa was just approved.:D My friend's call centre now is very successful.:icon_win:

Are we going to accept that Manila icon is SLUMS?:Erm::bigcry:

Tawi2
16th June 2009, 08:37
maintindihan ko kayong dalawa,your chatting about laughing :icon_lol: No Pen,its not the accepted icon :ARsurrender:

Mrs Daddy
16th June 2009, 09:42
I bet with that photo showing T-mobile workers are put off to the idea in living to the philippines but if they have been to manila am sure they`ll be fine and earning a lot with their wages and as well with cheap goods and with all the help you can get from nannies,driver and househelp they might change their mind.:D:D:D

Sophie
16th June 2009, 10:31
I bet with that photo showing T-mobile workers are put off to the idea in living to the philippines but if they have been to manila am sure they`ll be fine and earning a lot with their wages and as well with cheap goods and with all the help you can get from nannies,driver and househelp they might change their mind.:D:D:D

I totally agree :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
16th June 2009, 10:35

No way pen, not acceptable that manila is slums....:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Sophie
16th June 2009, 10:37
maintindihan ko kayong dalawa,your chatting about laughing :icon_lol:

good guess tawi2, impressive :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D

Tawi2
16th June 2009, 11:01
It wasnt a guess Sophie,I am starting to pick it up again,I heard someone saying something in visayan a few weeks ago,it was like I didnt have to work out what they were saying,I just understood :cwm24:It was one of those moments when a light bulb ignites above your head in a cartoon :icon_lol:If I live back in Pinas again give me 6 months and I will be fluent,best place to learn are public areas,especially markets etc,thats where you really have to try,anyway,cant be worse than when I tried to learn pushto :icon_lol:

Sophie
16th June 2009, 11:27
It wasnt a guess Sophie,I am starting to pick it up again,I heard someone saying something in visayan a few weeks ago,it was like I didnt have to work out what they were saying,I just understood :cwm24:It was one of those moments when a light bulb ignites above your head in a cartoon :icon_lol:If I live back in Pinas again give me 6 months and I will be fluent,best place to learn are public areas,especially markets etc,thats where you really have to try,anyway,cant be worse than when I tried to learn pushto :icon_lol:

in that case, well done tawi2:xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D

Pepe n Pilar
16th June 2009, 13:45
maintindihan ko kayong dalawa,your chatting about laughing :icon_lol: No Pen,its not the accepted icon :ARsurrender:

We're laughing because of the chat we had, it was fun..
You're very good in tagalog Tawi2, congrats!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cheers!:)

Pepe n Pilar
16th June 2009, 13:51

Definitely no..:NoNo: The subject matter is about call center to transfer to Manila so they should have shown pictures of the business districts like Ortigas Avenue or Meralco Ave, in Pasig City; Ayala Avenue, Makati City; Libis, Quezon City. etc etc. They don't have call centres in the slum areas, :doh:Brick::Brick::omg:quite sure of that....:)
When i first came here i was asked by a filipina where do i hold office back home. I answered at the PSEC 9th flr. She was surprised and said never thought of it. Huh!:Brick: lucky enough to work in a bldg of just 33 floors...
What does she thinks of Manila?:omg::doh

Jay&Zobel
16th June 2009, 13:59
P&P + Sophie + Tawi2 = Darkside !!!! lol what happened to this thread!!!! :doh:doh:doh:doh

From Slums to Corn Fields :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo: :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Sophie
16th June 2009, 14:35
P&P + Sophie + Tawi2 = Darkside !!!! lol what happened to this thread!!!! :doh:doh:doh:doh

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

darren-b
16th June 2009, 18:01

The photo was a stock photo, it had nothing to do with putting off the workers. (this has been said many times on this thread...)

If the workers were transfered (which isn't going to happen anyway) they wouldn't be paid UK wages for long as they would either be downgraded to local wages or more likely got rid of.

pennybarry
17th June 2009, 06:35
No way pen, not acceptable that manila is slums....:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Definitely no..:NoNo: The subject matter is about call center to transfer to Manila so they should have shown pictures of the business districts like Ortigas Avenue or Meralco Ave, in Pasig City; Ayala Avenue, Makati City; Libis, Quezon City. etc etc. They don't have call centres in the slum areas, :doh:Brick::Brick::omg:quite sure of that....:)
When i first came here i was asked by a filipina where do i hold office back home. I answered at the PSEC 9th flr. She was surprised and said never thought of it. Huh!:Brick: lucky enough to work in a bldg of just 33 floors...
What does she thinks of Manila?:omg::doh

Great!:D I accept that Manila has slums but I believed that not all living in slums are living in poverty:D I have a friend who lives in a slum in Makati and she is a bank executive. I am sure she can afford to pay rent for better house but I discovered why she chose to live there.

Free Electricity and water. No meter at all:omg: they have health card for free medication in Makati Medical Centre. Sosyal!

I asked where's the water came from, there's secret pipe coming from underground and so as electricity. It was built decades ago. Electric bill is the most expensive bills for every family in Pinas as it is monopolized by only Lopez:D so they chosse to live there even the place were burned for few times.

Well, That always happened in many threads!!! As long as they're happy, be it!! I don't rant and moan for that:D:action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081:

The photo was a stock photo, it had nothing to do with putting off the workers. (this has been said many times on this thread...)

If the workers were transfered (which isn't going to happen anyway) they wouldn't be paid UK wages for long as they would either be downgraded to local wages or more likely got rid of.

Ok ! but they must be paid redundancy as it is too hard to start again in a different place. I am sure not all filipinos working there were not came from Makati.

They need money for a better start!

bornatbirth
17th June 2009, 10:40
i cant image that any of those workers will want to move to manila!

would you leave the uk and your family?

there only going to be payed a low rate ie local rate and only offered those jobs so they dont have to pay redunancy,they dont think anyone will take up those jobs when they see the low pay!

it seems strange unless your earning alot in the philipines why would you want to go there?

Pepe n Pilar
17th June 2009, 15:35
Great!:D I accept that Manila has slums but I believed that not all living in slums are living in poverty:D I have a friend who lives in a slum in Makati and she is a bank executive. I am sure she can afford to pay rent for better house but I discovered why she chose to live there.

Free Electricity and water. No meter at all:omg: they have health card for free medication in Makati Medical Centre. Sosyal!

I asked where's the water came from, there's secret pipe coming from underground and so as electricity. It was built decades ago. Electric bill is the most expensive bills for every family in Pinas as it is monopolized by only Lopez:D so they chosse to live there even the place were burned for few times.

Hi Penny,

A bank executive living in slums?:rolleyes: I guess a bank executive in the Phils has so much benefits like they can avail of housing loan and car loan at low interest rates, a sack of rice among many others. Some banks offers quarterly if not semi-annual bonuses, performance bonuses, dividends, group insurances, etc etc. Why does your friend prefer to live in slums? Is the slum you're referring to the same as the one in the picture?:rolleyes:

Free electricy and water? No meter at all? Is that legal?:Erm: A secret pipe?? that is cheating!!!:NoNo::NoNo::omg:

About health cards, i have heard from some pinoys that almost all of the municipalities offer this card to their residents(may they be rich or poor). So every resident is entitled to have this and use it for free and/or avail of discounts in the hospitals or centres within their municipality. So if one is a Makati resident he/she can have one and use that at Makati Medical Center. Likewise a resident of Mandaluyong City, etc etc.

:)

Tawi2
17th June 2009, 15:40
Mandaluyong P&P :Erm: Inside or out :icon_lol: The theft of electricity is widespread in Pinas,I was in toril a few months ago and a policeman was telling me the previous night they had caught three guys attemtping to tap into a beach resorts power :Erm:

Pepe n Pilar
17th June 2009, 15:57
Mandaluyong P&P :Erm: Inside or out :icon_lol: The theft of electricity is widespread in Pinas,I was in toril a few months ago and a policeman was telling me the previous night they had caught three guys attemtping to tap into a beach resorts power :Erm:

Hi Tawi2,
I'm referring to residents of a certain Municipality that can avail of the health cards hence i mentioned Makati and Mandaluyong as examples.:) Greenhills, White Plains Subdivision are villages in Mandaluyong as well.:) Yeah, i know there is a joke in the Phils once you mention the word Mandaluyong they always ask " Is it inside or outside" meaning is it inside the prison or outside?"....:icon_lol::Rasp::Rasp::doh

Tawi2
17th June 2009, 16:02
You got the Joke P&P:icon_lol:Its the mental Hospital at Mandaluyong,its an automatic response as soon as someone says they are from Mandaluyong to ask "Inside or out?" :Erm:

Pepe n Pilar
17th June 2009, 16:10
You got the Joke P&P:icon_lol:Its the mental Hospital at Mandaluyong,its an automatic response as soon as someone says they are from Mandaluyong to ask "Inside or out?" :Erm:

yeah, why do you know all of these stuffs Tawi2?:rolleyes: ... Were you married to a filipina before? or just got married? or are you making a documentary film of this lovely country?:xxgrinning--00xx3: You know almost everything from the different dialects spoken in every region to filipino delicacies to amazing sceneries found in all corners of the archipelago..:D:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
17th June 2009, 16:14
I guess I am just inquisitive and nosy :xxgrinning--00xx3: I have similar interests in a few other countries :Erm:

pennybarry
17th June 2009, 18:09
Hi Penny,

A bank executive living in slums?:rolleyes: I guess a bank executive in the Phils has so much benefits like they can avail of housing loan and car loan at low interest rates, a sack of rice among many others. Some banks offers quarterly if not semi-annual bonuses, performance bonuses, dividends, group insurances, etc etc. Why does your friend prefer to live in slums? Is the slum you're referring to the same as the one in the picture?:rolleyes:

Free electricy and water? No meter at all? Is that legal?:Erm: A secret pipe?? that is cheating!!!:NoNo::NoNo::omg:

About health cards, i have heard from some pinoys that almost all of the municipalities offer this card to their residents(may they be rich or poor). So every resident is entitled to have this and use it for free and/or avail of discounts in the hospitals or centres within their municipality. So if one is a Makati resident he/she can have one and use that at Makati Medical Center. Likewise a resident of Mandaluyong City, etc etc.

:)

They live there for almost 40 years and her parents live there before. The place is bit better than the photo.
She's not interested in any loan.
The pipe in the whole street was there for decades. Maybe that's why there were arsonists burned the whole street. To clean the place and build a tenement style but residents didn't agree.

Not sure if rich can avail free hospitalization. We have also a hospital in our place but only poor/no income can avail. Senior Citizens can also avail free hospitalization and discounted medicine.

Yes, there are! :D Tapping and nicking live wire from the posts:omg:
Even the broadband cable from the posts:NoNo:. I have experienced a week without income from my shop because the PLDT cables were stolen from the posts from nearby town. It took a week to replace the cable.

yeah, why do you know all of these stuffs Tawi2?:rolleyes: ... Were you married to a filipina before? or just got married? or are you making a documentary film of this lovely country?:xxgrinning--00xx3: You know almost everything from the different dialects spoken in every region to filipino delicacies to amazing sceneries found in all corners of the archipelago..:D:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I doubt Tawi's blood is 50% pinoy:D

Tawi2
17th June 2009, 18:17
What did you sell in your shop Pen?Can we have utang :Erm:

pennybarry
17th June 2009, 18:26
What did you sell in your shop Pen?Can we have utang :Erm:

Internet Cafe Tawi. Utang and thank you cannot pay bills:action-smiley-081:

But if you are in good faith, I can give you free one hour internet:D

Pepe n Pilar
18th June 2009, 10:05
I stand corrected Penny, yeah for sure rich are not entitled to free medication only those on the low income group.

As this thread is entitled "Darkside" and picture is about slums i was just curious why some filipinos prefer to stay in slum areas if they have opportunities to improve their lives:rolleyes:. As what you have mentioned Penny that you're friend has been living there for 40 yrs and a bank executive:Erm:. If he inherit that property from his parents and he won't be leaving the same and pass it on to the next generation so we could see here that some filipinos doesn't have any dreams for a better life. Some keep on moaning and complaining why they are poor but they are not doing anything to make it better. Some come from "no read-no write" parents but they have the will power and hope to be different hence they strive hard to have a good life. I salute these people. Thumbs up!:xxgrinning--00xx3: Some just simply criticise well off people but not knowing how they were able to acquire the things to have such a comfortable life. Well, i have met some, (they kept on criticising rich people and it's bad to the ear). I'm referring to those that has worked on legal ways, just an ordinary office workers but has nice houses, cars hence a good life. Not to the corrupt people (there might be comments on this). I'm referring to average filipino workers.

I remember there was a tv program entitled "Explore" and that was all about the poor communities in the Phils which most of the members in the forum had commented why the lovely and sceneric places were not shown. There was a 19 y.o. girl living there with her family. She is so young but full of dreams. She was interviewed and said she is studying hard and wants to finish her college degree because she intends to go abroad and work and give her family a better life and so they can leave that slum area. So, in this documentary film i have seen that some (if not all) people living in slums has dreams of improving their lives and they don't want to stay in an over-crowded place all their life.

And to think this bank executive who was so lucky to finish his studies and was given all the opportunities doesn't want to do something to improve his life?:doh I guess older people should be the ones to show to the younger generation that there is always hope and as long as one is determined and focused to his goal in life that is for the betterment then that is not far from a "dream come true". Younger people expect from older or matured people to show good example.

There was a bank employee i've met and he said they are given priorities to avail of the re- possessed properties before it is publised. So by availing of this they will just pay the remaining amounts in the bank and of low interest. If he is an executive he should know that as well. Executives are given priorities than the mere clerks in the bank but still those on clerical positions can also avail. I couldn't just imagine your executive friend don't grab the opportunities he has:Erm:.

Executives are AM,Mgr.,SM,AVP,EVP,SVP,VP and up; lower than Mgr is not called an executive... They mostly likely don't live in slums for security reasons..

Chances/oppotunities on hand given to some people should not be taken for granted or ignored for it might not be there all the time.

If people in slums won't think that there is a better life out there then what will happen to the filipino people living in poverty? Houses built there will just multiply generation to generation if they won't give themselves the encouragement, determination, will (whatever we call it) one should have.

That is why some foreigners looked down to people in the 3rd world country because they can see the attitude from some. Sometimes it is generalised by them. We, filipinos should show to the world that even if we come from the 3rd world country we have dreams and that is to have a better life and to be passed on to the next kins and so on and so forth...... not to live in slums forever...

No offense here. Just my views..

vbkelly
18th June 2009, 12:16

tawi2 im from inside of mandaluyong hehe bcoz outside is San juan or Makati or pasig or SAnta Ana Punta lol

Tawi2
18th June 2009, 12:41
Sakto na tubag VB :icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

p&p,I watched that program Manila to Mindanao,I actually had tears in my eyes when I saw the anguish of that girl determined not to follow the steps of her mother,and you know something?There are slums right here in the UK,I used to live in one as a kid,thankfully its flattened now,bulldozed to the ground :icon_lol:

pennybarry
20th June 2009, 09:04
I stand corrected Penny, yeah for sure rich are not entitled to free medication only those on the low income group.

As this thread is entitled "Darkside" and picture is about slums i was just curious why some filipinos prefer to stay in slum areas if they have opportunities to improve their lives:rolleyes:. As what you have mentioned Penny that you're friend has been living there for 40 yrs and a bank executive:Erm:. If he inherit that property from his parents and he won't be leaving the same and pass it on to the next generation so we could see here that some filipinos doesn't have any dreams for a better life. Some keep on moaning and complaining why they are poor but they are not doing anything to make it better. Some come from "no read-no write" parents but they have the will power and hope to be different hence they strive hard to have a good life. I salute these people. Thumbs up!:xxgrinning--00xx3: Some just simply criticised well off people but not knowing how they were able to attain such comfortable life. Well, i have met some, (they kept on criticising rich people and it's bad to the ear). I'm referring to those that has worked on legal ways, just an ordinary office workers but has nice houses, cars hence a good life. Not to the corrupt people (there might be comments on this). I'm referring to average filipino workers.

I remember there was a tv program entitled "Explore" and that was all about the poor communities in the Phils which most of the members in the forum had commented why the lovely and sceneric places were not shown. There was a 19 y.o. girl living there with her family. She is so young but full of dreams. She was interviewed and said she is studying hard and wants to finish her college degree because she intends to go abroad and work and give her family a better life and so they can leave that slum area. So, in this documentary film i have seen that some (if not all) people living in slums has dreams of improving their lives and they don't want to stay in an over-crowded place all their life.

And to think this bank executive who was so lucky to finish his studies and was given all the opportunities doesn't want to do something to improve his life?:doh I guess older people should be the ones to show to the younger generation that there is always hope and as long as one is determined and focused to his goal in life that is for the betterment then that is not far from a "dream come true". Younger people expect from older or matured people to show good example.

There was a bank employee i've met and he said they are given priorities to avail of the re- possessed properties before it is publised. So by availing of this they will just pay the remaining amounts in the bank and of low interest. If he is an executive he should know that as well. Executives are given priorities than the mere clerks in the bank but still those on clerical positions can also avail. I couldn't just imagine your executive friend don't grab the opportunities he has:Erm:.

Executives are AM,Mgr.,SM,AVP,EVP,SVP,VP and up; lower than Mgr is not called an executive... They mostly likely don't live in slums for security reasons..

Chances/oppotunities on hand given to some people should not be taken for granted or ignored for it might not be there all the time.

If people in slums won't think that there is a better life out there then what will happen to the filipino people living in poverty? Houses built there will just multiply generation to generation if they won't give themselves the encouragement, determination, will (whatever we call it) one should have.

That is why some foreigners looked down to people in the 3rd world country because they can see the attitude from some. Sometimes it is generalised by them. We, filipinos should show to the world that even if we come from the 3rd world country we have dreams and that is to have a better life and to be passed on to the next kins and so on and so forth...... not to live in slums forever...

No offense here. Just my views..

She's an import/export manager and I tried to convince her to buy a property but she prefer to stay there.

You're right in some of your views but sadly we cannot pleased everybody. Some people thinks why they will buy a property where they can live free. Using someones property and better for them to called as squatter than buying for their own.

But bank executive don't really gets high wages in Pinas. My neighbor is also a bank exec and he applied a housing loan from bank where he's working. He paid his property for 15 years whilst me and other OFW's paid the property for only 5 years. He is now applying to migrate Canada.

Sabi nga nila, better abroad than working in Pinas. :D

Mrs.JMajor
21st June 2009, 10:24
Hmmm, it turn into page 4 now friendship, lazy to read it all now, but I will read the whole thread, promise before lunch time hahahaha, Oi Tawi havent lend me some icon yet eh, thats why I cant use icon ha, if someone notice friendship, btw ty for lending this icon:action-smiley-081:

pennybarry
21st June 2009, 10:37
Hmmm, it turn into page 4 now friendship, lazy to read it all now, but I will read the whole thread, promise before lunch time hahahaha, Oi Tawi havent lend me some icon yet eh, thats why I cant use icon ha, if someone notice friendship, btw ty for lending this icon:action-smiley-081:

Ehehehe the replies are long yes. I'm row 4 in English. Row 4 as in tabi ng basurahan. I just made short reply.:D Don't sleep while reading:D

That icon is for all of us. Although it's my favourite. I found it funny not rude. :action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081:

Action smiley is the name:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
21st June 2009, 20:05
:action-smiley-081:

pennybarry
21st June 2009, 20:12

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
21st June 2009, 20:17

Where you been borna, you gone quite while ah, :action-smiley-081: you smell something,

Friendship (Penny) ,where u get the Joklet from, lol sounds choklet eh :action-smiley-081:

pennybarry
21st June 2009, 20:22
Where you been borna, you gone quite while ah, :action-smiley-081: you smell something,

Freindship (Penny) ,where u get the Joklet from, lol sounds choklet eh :action-smiley-081:

15 years ago,

Had friend named Juliet before and she loved to be called Joklet than Juliet. Had also friend called Susan too and she prefers to be called Suani.:Erm:

Florge
22nd June 2009, 11:52

nyahahahaha... you're a bayot magnet eh? :D

Jay&Zobel
22nd June 2009, 12:11

You are such a Bayot Magnet Tawi2!!! Almost all your posts are kind of bakla related hahaha:omg::omg::D:D:D:D:D:omg::omg:

nyahahahaha... you're a bayot magnet eh? :D

HAHAHAHA SEE... EVEN FLORGE SECONDED IT!!! HAHAHAHA :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
22nd June 2009, 12:52
Bayots scare me,thats the truth,but we have a gentleman member now with a filipino civil partner boyfriend,hope thats the correct term?So no more bayot related tsismis :Erm:

Jay&Zobel
22nd June 2009, 13:26
Bayots scare me,thats the truth,but we have a gentleman member now with a filipino civil partner boyfriend,hope thats the correct term?So no more bayot related tsismis :Erm:

lol, are you convincing yourself? :Erm::icon_lol::icon_lol:
still same same I guess... :doh:rolleyes::D:D

Tawi2
22nd June 2009, 13:31
Not me Jayzee,I am a geezer :icon_lol:Bugoy :icon_lol:Like my new pic?The nurse took it this morning when they changed my sheets:icon_lol: I thought it would make a nice icon,I will be fighting women off with a stick when they see my stripey pyjamas :D

Mrs Daddy
22nd June 2009, 16:40
Not me Jayzee,I am a geezer :icon_lol:Bugoy :icon_lol:Like my new pic?The nurse took it this morning when they changed my sheets:icon_lol: I thought it would make a nice icon,I will be fighting women off with a stick when they see my stripey pyjamas :D

you look a bit paler MR.

Jay&Zobel
22nd June 2009, 17:17

You still alive?

Pepe n Pilar
22nd June 2009, 17:51
What happend to you Tawi2... are you bedridden? Are you sick of influenza? or ...? You look so pale and weak....:NoNo: but still the same funny Tawi2....:D continuous jokes here...:Hellooo:...
Get well soon...:)

Sophie
22nd June 2009, 17:57
What happend to you Tawi2... are you bedridden? Are you sick of influenza? or ...? You look so pale and weak....:NoNo: but still the same funny Tawi2....:D continuous jokes here...:Hellooo:...
Get well soon...:)

MORE LIKE HE'S IN HIS DEATH BED ACTUALLY, LOL :icon_lol::icon_lol:
Just kidding tawi2 :D:icon_lol:
You've always had so much zest for life, what's with the strange avatar? lol :D:icon_lol: It's so not you....:D:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
22nd June 2009, 20:09
Yup,thats me,havent been feeling well lately :NoNo:and someone must have had an ihi in my bed while I slept,because when I woke my pyjamas had a wee smell :cwm24::bigcry::ARsurrender:

Sophie
22nd June 2009, 20:15
Yup,thats me,havent been feeling well lately :NoNo:and someone must have had an ihi in my bed while I slept,because when I woke my pyjamas had a wee smell :cwm24::bigcry::ARsurrender:

LOL, this is so not you tawi2 :NoNo::D:icon_lol:

Tawi2
22nd June 2009, 20:19
:NoNo: I know,but maybe if I sleep tonight I will be woken with a kiss from a beautiful woman who will change me from a frog into a prince :D That will make me feel a lot better :cwm38: In fact I feel quite energetic just thinking about it :cwm38::D:cwm38::cwm12:

Sophie
22nd June 2009, 20:21
:NoNo: I know,but maybe if I sleep tonight I will be woken with a kiss from a beautiful woman who will change me from a frog into a prince :D That will make me feel a lot better :cwm38: In fact I feel quite energetic just thinking about it :cwm38::D:cwm38::cwm12:

LOL, keep it up then :xxgrinning--00xx3: I'm sure you will be fine in the morning :xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Tawi2
22nd June 2009, 20:23
I hope so Soph,because I have something wrong with my eye as well :Erm:

Sophie
22nd June 2009, 20:25
I hope so Soph,because I have something wrong with my eye as well :Erm:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
It's alright, this avatar is way better than the previous one, lol :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

Pepe n Pilar
22nd June 2009, 20:25

Someone had made an ihi ?? or was it you???... You can't control anymore??....:doh That must be a sign of......tumatanda na Tawi2... :omg::icon_lol:
GEt well soon...

Tawi2
22nd June 2009, 20:30
It cant be me P&p :NoNo:I dont do that sort of thing,I am a guy :D Thats why I am certain someone sneaked into the room,even though I have bawal umihi dito signs everywhere,and did an ihi on my tummy :bigcry: We are all getting tumatanda :NoNo: Except me....................Forever young :BouncyHappy::cwm12::Rasp::action-smiley-081:

Pepe n Pilar
22nd June 2009, 20:35
What happend to your avatar???:doh

Aha! now i know why you were hospitalized.....:Erm: Your tummy was full of air (kinabagan ka) because of too much laughing....:icon_lol::icon_lol::Rasp::Rasp::Brick::Brick::Help1::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

Sophie
22nd June 2009, 20:47
We are all getting tumatanda :NoNo: Except me....................Forever young :BouncyHappy::cwm12::Rasp::action-smiley-081:

Aging is a good thing, atleast for men, lol......:D
As the saying goes "Men are like wine, they get better as they age" :xxgrinning--00xx3:
So don't deny yourself of that priviledge, its the gift of life :xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Pepe n Pilar
22nd June 2009, 20:49
Aging is a good thing, atleast for men, lol......:D
As the saying goes "Men are like wine, they get better as they age" :xxgrinning--00xx3:
So don't deny yourself of that priviledge, its the gift of life :xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Very well said Sophie...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
22nd June 2009, 20:52
Yeah,I just need a nice nurse to look after me :bigcry: Wipe my fevered brow :bigcry: Change my wet pyjamas :bigcry: And be nice to me while I am in bed :cwm38::cwm24::D:cwm38:

Sophie
22nd June 2009, 21:46
Yeah,I just need a nice nurse to look after me :bigcry: Wipe my fevered brow :bigcry: Change my wet pyjamas :bigcry: And be nice to me while I am in bed :cwm38::cwm24::D:cwm38:

You don't need a nurse, you need a wife :D:icon_lol:

Pepe n Pilar
22nd June 2009, 21:50
I agree with Sophie Tawi2.... you need a wife....:DShe will stay by your side no matter what.:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
22nd June 2009, 22:20
If I want something to stay by my side no matter what I will get a dog :D if I get bored with it I can always eat it :Erm:

Pepe n Pilar
22nd June 2009, 22:28
If I want something to stay by my side no matter what I will get a dog :D if I get bored with it I can always eat it :Erm:

You eat dog meat???:omg::omg::doh:doh:Help1::Help1:

You might be barking at night then...:Help1::Brick:

Tawi2
22nd June 2009, 22:31
I ate it in pinas,also cat :xxgrinning--00xx3: The cat tasted Purrrrrrrr-fect,but the dog was a little rufffffffff :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pepe n Pilar
22nd June 2009, 22:54
I ate it in pinas,also cat :xxgrinning--00xx3: The cat tasted Purrrrrrrr-fect,but the dog was a little rufffffffff :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Huh! Tawi2.... the thread started as Darkside.... now it's abt man eating dog and cat meat... and that's yooouuuuu.........:omg::omg::doh:doh:Help1::Help1:

Tawi2
22nd June 2009, 22:58
:gp: HIJACK :Help1:

Pepe n Pilar
22nd June 2009, 23:14
:gp: HIJACK :Help1:

:icon_lol::icon_lol:At least i'm replying in short sentences now Tawi2... I bet they won't get sleepy whilst reading....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I might be hospitalized as well like you due to much air in the tummy (kabag) that is for laughing on every post you make...:icon_lol::icon_lol::Brick::Brick::Help1::Help1:

fred
23rd June 2009, 02:44
Well this is good news regarding more jobs in the P.I I suppose and at least the jocks aint losing more call center jobs to India..Its inevitable that these types of jobs are doomed in the UK and no one should be surprised..

My son worked in a call center (Manila)for 6 months supporting Dell PC`s in the US..
The yanks were always pleasantly surprised to hear his Brit accent as they sometimes seemed to struggle speaking to Filipino`s..
His supervisor was never that happy with him as he flat refused to speak with the required "American accent"..
The fact that he had a 100% customer satisfaction rating had nothing to do it of course.

pennybarry
23rd June 2009, 06:39
Well this is good news regarding more jobs in the P.I I suppose and at least the jocks aint losing more call center jobs to India..Its inevitable that these types of jobs are doomed in the UK and no one should be surprised..

My son worked in a call center (Manila)for 6 months supporting Dell PC`s in the US..
The yanks were always pleasantly surprised to hear his Brit accent as they sometimes seemed to struggle speaking to Filipino`s..
His supervisor was never that happy with him as he flat refused to speak with the required "American accent"..
The fact that he had a 100% customer satisfaction rating had nothing to do it of course.

There are lots of opportunity for your son Fred as there are many call centre there based in UK. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
23rd June 2009, 10:25
There are lots of opportunity for your son Fred as there are many call centre there based in UK. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yeah he can always earn a bit here if he wants but he`s on to bigger and better things these days...He`s at Sheffield Uni doing Chem engineering.
I suspect a clever milkman around 20 years ago??:angry:

beppe
12th July 2009, 16:39

This is not journalism, this is sensationalism. Is the paper owned by Murdoch?