PDA

View Full Version : SPOUSE VISA re self employed

ron
11th June 2009, 00:30
Hi there everyone

Maybe you all can offer some advise or someone who is also self employed and apllying or already received spouse visa to offer me some guidelines.

Story so far. Now been married for 4 years and lived 3 years with my wife and son Ben now 2 years. Ive been back in UK since July last year. Since January 2009 i was unemployed. In May i decided to go self employed in Garden Maninteneance and now earning a satisfactory income and bale to send money to my wife. I am therefore very eager to get my wife and son here as soon as possible. I dont know if 4 years of marriage will be supportive too???

My question is can i still aplly spouse visa.... for instance in 3 months and especially that im now working for myself. I have 6 months bank statements .

Should i use accountant to show income from business?

Ron

aposhark
11th June 2009, 08:49
Hi there everyone

Maybe you all can offer some advise or someone who is also self employed and apllying or already received spouse visa to offer me some guidelines.

Story so far. Now been married for 4 years and lived 3 years with my wife and son Ben now 2 years. Ive been back in UK since July last year. Since January 2009 i was unemployed. In May i decided to go self employed in Garden Maninteneance and now earning a satisfactory income and bale to send money to my wife. I am therefore very eager to get my wife and son here as soon as possible. I dont know if 4 years of marriage will be supportive too???

My question is can i still aplly spouse visa.... for instance in 3 months and especially that im now working for myself. I have 6 months bank statements .

Should i use accountant to show income from business?

Ron

Hi Ron,
I am self-employed.
My wife received her spousal visa in just over 4 weeks after she submitted our documents to the VFS in Manila.
I gave her 6 months' worth of bank statements for my personal AND business accounts.
I wanted to show the British embassy in the Philippines that my finances were in good order.
4 years of marriage has got to be very important.
People on here say £3000 in the bank and healthy bank statements are important.
There are lists on here if you do a search that show you all the documents you will need for your wife to apply for her spousal Visa in the Philippines.
I recommend that you follow this checklist.
The VFS also a has checklist too.

Best of luck

ron
11th June 2009, 22:27
thanks for the info. Yes i will follow the checklist. Wish me luck everybody. Maybe another 6 months is worth the wait.