PDA

View Full Version : visa extension

Blueberry
18th October 2006, 17:20
Hi,my fiancee visa is to expire in 5 months and was wondering if anybody could tell me how long that process take's and when is best to apply so that she doesn't have to return to philippines,thankyou.
Peace:Wave:

KeithD
18th October 2006, 18:22
You apply for the 'married' visa as soon as you are married. The Fiancee visa is only for the period while she is you 'fiancee' :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Blueberry
18th October 2006, 19:06
Cool,thx bud,i appreciate that !!!

ginapeterb
18th October 2006, 19:35
as Keith says, Bluberry, as soon as your curreng visa expires, you should have married by then, you then need to apply for further leave to remain in the UK, the details are on the UKVisas website, this is a typical question, you might want to use the search function on this site and see other threads from the previous 3 years on this subject.

Blueberry
18th October 2006, 21:02
thx guy's really appreciate the help,can't express enough!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

francesca
29th October 2006, 12:02
Why,Burberry, didnt you get married within five months?

as you mention fiancee, she is not still your wife ?
Odd.

Chrisirene
29th October 2006, 12:25
what is the porpuse to get ur fiancee then.....i mean why u guys apply a fiancee visa,what is the thought behind of that application.....:) :D

robeth
29th October 2006, 13:18
Why,Burberry, didnt you get married within five months?

as you mention fiancee, she is not still your wife ?
Odd.

if i read his post right, they still have 5 months to decide.

Blueberry
7th November 2006, 13:38
what is the porpuse to get ur fiancee then.....i mean why u guys apply a fiancee visa,what is the thought behind of that application.....

the purpose is to get married within the 6 months,reason i was asking is because we due to marry on the 16th november that's 1 month after she arrived and wasn't sure if i need to apply for the extension in good advance after we wed,so she does not have to leave uk after the fiancee visa expire,what's odd about that?
i'm thinking do i need to apply straight away after the wedding,you know how long some of these thing's take,they can take forever.

francesca
8th November 2006, 23:08
Mia culpa,my english is getting poor. Blamed it already to the French!:doh