PDA

View Full Version : Banana Cake

Jay&Zobel
6th June 2009, 15:04
:DHi friends,

I was inspired again by Tin's Shawarma... So I tried another recipe from Asda's free magazine (June09)...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

2 browning medium bananas peeled & mashed with fork
1 large egg
130g self raising flour (1 1/2 cups)
1tsp baking powder
55g butter, softened, plus extra greasing
100g caster sugar (3/4 cups)

1) Preheat the oven 180C. Grease a loaf tin/cake tin with butter
2) In a large bowl, mix everything together, combining well with a fork. You may need to add a drop of milk to achieve a loose dropping consistency, depending on how mushy the banana is. (I put around 2fl oz of milk).
3) Pour into the tin and bake for 35-40min. Leave cool in the tin then turn onto a wire rack.
4) Serve with ice cream and you can dust some icing sugar if you want...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

The riper the banana is the better...:D Super easy & super cheap

bornatbirth
6th June 2009, 16:02
looks sarap!

Sconnie
6th June 2009, 16:57
Looks delicious,
I asked Vanessa to make one, have to buy bananas :-)

Mrs.JMajor
6th June 2009, 16:57
Hehe same here inspired with tiN Shawarma, I made it but change with TUNA instead of beef, taste great:xxgrinning--00xx3: didnt able to take picture in it:Erm:

Jay&Zobel
6th June 2009, 17:12
looks sarap!

I made it for the 1st time and it's very moist hehe..Thanks:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Looks delicious,
I asked Vanessa to make one, have to buy bananas :-)

You can use very brown bananas hehe.

Quote from Asda: "Most of us overestimate how much fruit we're actually going to eat, and stock up on far too much at once - so an awful lot ends up in the bin. Which is a shame, reality, when there are loads of delicious and really simple things to do even with fruit that's past its best.

You can also use overriped bananas for BANANA FRTIITERS!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:(will try this at some point)

Hehe same here inspired with tiN Shawarma, I made it but change with TUNA instead of beef, taste great:xxgrinning--00xx3: didnt able to take picture in it:Erm:

Take photos:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
6th June 2009, 18:26

My 64th birthday happened to coincide with the first trip I made to the Philippines last September. To celebrate the occasion, one of Myrna's elderly relatives - a retired Home Economics teacher - baked a similar cake. Delicious!

All five of Myrna's brothers are employed by Uni Fruiti - one of them being Chief Security Officer at a large plantation in Mindanao - and so bananas were always in plentiful supply. Without meaning to criticise Asda :NoNo: [or any of the other British supermarket giants, for that matter] you'll know only too well, that the home-grown bananas in the Phils are far superior to the imported varieties on sale here ... and even cheaper still! But then, I'm talking about the ripe Cavendish Banana from Davao ... which, I'm told, renders the others "tasteless".

tiN
6th June 2009, 18:46
:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good job manay:Hellooo::BouncyHappy: I will try to make it:D

Do u have any left u can send it to me if u want :rolleyes::Rasp::icon_lol::icon_lol:

jimeve
6th June 2009, 18:58
looks crap!

looks nice to me :D

Arthur Little
6th June 2009, 19:08

I was inspired again by Tin's Shawarma... So I tried another recipe from Asda's free magazine (June09)...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

1 large egg
130g self raising flour
1tsp baking powder
100g caster sugar

2) In a large bowl, mix everything together, combining well with a fork. You may need to add a drop of milk to achieve a loose dropping consistency, depending on how mushy the banana is. (I put around 2fl oz of milk).
3) Pour into the tin and bake for 35-40min. Leave cool in the tin then turn onto a wire rack.
4) Serve with ice cream and you can dust some icing sugar if you want...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hello again, Zobel,

It occurs to me, my earlier post must've given the impression that I'm some kind of "walking advert" for the world-famous Davao Banana. Sorry about that;:ARsurrender:I guess I'm just biased. And, in the words of 'Mary Poppins' (circa 1964/5, if my ailing memory serves me correctly!) the Asda cookbook recipe looks [and obviously, tastes] "truly scrumptuous" or "sarap" as bornatbirth says. Many thanks for sharing it (and the pictures) with us, and very well done on your first try!

Jay&Zobel
6th June 2009, 19:56
looks sarap!

looks nice to me :D

lol..
bornatbirth... jimeve quoted you... looks crap or sarap? hehe... did you edit it afterwards? lol// i dont mind if it looks crap... what matter is it tasted niceeeeeeee hehe...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
6th June 2009, 20:26
Jay&Z,that looks beautiful,I always get Banana cake when I am in Davao,it tastes a little spicy,whats that ingredient?A little cinnamon maybe?:Erm:
Arthur,I have visited several large DOLE plantations in Mindanao,my mate is one of DOLE's head engineers,though he is based in Sri Lanka at the moment working for DOLE-lanka,always loads of free fruit :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
6th June 2009, 20:26
It doesnt look crap,quite the reverse actually,lammi kaayo :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jimeve
6th June 2009, 20:33
my wife makes Banana cakes when some banana's get over ripe. taste really good. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
6th June 2009, 20:34
My 64th birthday happened to coincide with the first trip I made to the Philippines last September. To celebrate the occasion, one of Myrna's elderly relatives - a retired Home Economics teacher - baked a similar cake. Delicious!

All five of Myrna's brothers are employed by Uni Fruiti - one of them being Chief Security Officer at a large plantation in Mindanao - and so bananas were always in plentiful supply. Without meaning to criticise Asda :NoNo: [or any of the other British supermarket giants, for that matter] you'll know only too well, that the home-grown bananas in the Phils are far superior to the imported varieties on sale here ... and even cheaper still! But then, I'm talking about the ripe Cavendish Banana from Davao ... which, I'm told, renders the others "tasteless".

Hello again, Zobel,

It occurs to me, my earlier post must've given the impression that I'm some kind of "walking advert" for the world-famous Davao Banana. Sorry about that;:ARsurrender:I guess I'm just biased. And, in the words of 'Mary Poppins' (circa 1964/5, if my ailing memory serves me correctly!) the Asda cookbook recipe looks [and obviously, tastes] "truly scrumptuous" or "sarap" as bornatbirth says. Many thanks for sharing it (and the pictures) with us, and very well done on your first try!

Hi Arthur,

You're not biased at all... The reasons why bananas here doesnt taste that nice in comparison because they are imported and basically they were picked from the trees when they are still unripen and send ships to the UK.

Tawi2
6th June 2009, 20:36
I love banana fritters and banana-Q,I ate so many bananas before I had LBM's :icon_lol: I wish I could have some fried bananas at this very moment with honey drizzled over them :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jimeve
6th June 2009, 20:40
I like those banana's on a stick, you buy them from street velour's. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
6th June 2009, 20:42
Banana-Q jim,I love them,I can last a full day eating nowt but Banana-Q,in Mindanao they are 3 pesos each.I think the most I had in a day was between 12-15 :icon_lol:

Sophie
6th June 2009, 20:43

1 large egg
130g self raising flour
1tsp baking powder
100g caster sugar

wow, this looks so yummy zobel :xxgrinning--00xx3: well done :xxgrinning--00xx3: patikim naman po, :D yum yum:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:
thanks for the recipe sis :cwm38:

Tawi2
You know how much they are at the Barrio fiesta in Hounslow?About a quid each :icon_lol:and they dont taste as nice as the ones from the tinderas in pinas,here they use non-stick pans that have no character :NoNo:

bornatbirth
lol..
bornatbirth... jimeve quoted you... looks crap or sarap? hehe... did you edit it afterwards? lol// i dont mind if it looks crap... what matter is it tasted niceeeeeeee hehe...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

hey zobel i never posted that! it still looks yummy:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

looks like jimeve took artistic license with my post:NoNo: shame on you :icon_lol:

jimeve
6th June 2009, 20:49

looks like jimeve took artistic license with my post:NoNo: shame on you :icon_lol:

sorry mate, could not resist it.:icon_lol:

Tawi2
6th June 2009, 20:52
You could have sparked off an international incident there Jim,Gloria could have prepared her forces for a pinoy assault on the UK,cake-wars :icon_lol:

jimeve
6th June 2009, 20:55
hot cakes and cookies, :D

Jay&Zobel
6th June 2009, 20:56

hehe... lol coz I quoted you 1st before he quoted you, lol I read it as "sarap" hahaha

sorry mate, could not resist it.:icon_lol:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: :doh:NoNo::NoNo::D:D:D:D

hehe well done you.. lol

Pepe n Pilar
6th June 2009, 21:01
Hi Zobel,
looks yummy!...:xxgrinning--00xx3: I will have to try that too sometime. We have prepared our own cakes at the same time:D... When you sent me the link i was about to start to make the icing on my chocolate cake with raspberry fillings...:D

Thank you guys you have given me inspiration to bake cakes more often. To Aromulus, Tin, Zobel and Sophie.

Special thanks to Sophie for giving me the correct recipe of the leche flan:):xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo:.

:)

Jay&Zobel
6th June 2009, 21:04
Hi Zobel,
looks yummy!...:xxgrinning--00xx3: I will have to try that too next time. We have prepared our own cakes at the same time:D... When you sent me the link i was about to start to make the icing on my chocolate cake with raspberry fillings...:D
Thank you guys you have given me inspiration to bake cakes more often. To Aromulus, Tin, Zobel and Sophie. Special thanks to Sophie for giving me the correct recipe of the leche flan:):xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo:.

pictures please....:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

empott
7th June 2009, 01:06
Looks nice, Zobel. Well done. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
7th June 2009, 09:04

1 large egg
130g self raising flour
1tsp baking powder
100g caster sugar

Looks delicious. I wish I could make a delicious one. In Pinas, I knew a bakeshop and BANANA cake is their specialty. It was really lovely and always missed their banana cake. I am not sure what kind of banana they used as we have different kinds of bananas in Pinas. We have saba, la tundan, lakatan, saging na pula, green lakatan, senyorita and many more:D

Banana-Q jim,I love them,I can last a full day eating nowt but Banana-Q,in Mindanao they are 3 pesos each.I think the most I had in a day was between 12-15 :icon_lol:

You can make banana fritters here like what I used to do. Just buy lumpia wrapper at chinese store. Cut banana into two and wrap it with brown sugar inside. Then fry it.

Saba, a kind of banana in Pinas is the best one for fritters but we don't have it here.

aug06_2006
7th June 2009, 11:46
banana cake is my fav. yummyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Jay&Zobel
8th June 2009, 10:48
Looks delicious. I wish I could make a delicious one. In Pinas, I knew a bakeshop and BANANA cake is their specialty. It was really lovely and always missed their banana cake. I am not sure what kind of banana they used as we have different kinds of bananas in Pinas. We have saba, la tundan, lakatan, saging na pula, green lakatan, senyorita and many more:D

I used ordinary bananas available in all supermarkets...

You can make banana fritters here like what I used to do. Just buy lumpia wrapper at chinese store. Cut banana into two and wrap it with brown sugar inside. Then fry it.

Saba, a kind of banana in Pinas is the best one for fritters but we don't have it here.

I haven't seen any Saba bananas here like we have in the PI but Plantain can be a substitute (available in supermarkets). Plantains are firmer, longer and usually require cooking or some other kind of processing before you eat them.

______
Source:
Pictures: Google

Ann07
11th June 2009, 15:16
YUmmmmmmmmmmmy manay:xxgrinning--00xx3: So easy to make and cheap and easy to eat hahahahahahaha
Tried it and my boys ate it all:doh:Erm::Erm: I just had 1 slice:cwm23: I put cream on it hehehehe.

Thanks Manay will make it again maybe this weekend:) If no baby yet hahahahaha

Pepe n Pilar
12th June 2009, 16:16
Hi Zobel,
Thank you very much indeed. I was inspired by this thread of yours. I finally made banana cake and i made 2 flavours. Left - plain banana... right - with cinnamon

I just added 1 tsp of vanilla flavouring on each. One is plain banana flavour and the other one is with 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.... grabe ang sarap!...:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Sophie
12th June 2009, 16:18
Hi Zobel,
Thank you very much indeed. I was inspired by this thread of yours. I finally made banana cake and i made 2 flavours.

I just added 1 tsp of vanilla flavouring on each. One is plain banana flavour and the other one is with 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.... grabe ang sarap!...:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol:

NICE ONE IYE :xxgrinning--00xx3: LOOKS SO YUMMY :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:
ZOBEL, NEXT CAKE IDEA PLEASE......:D:D:D:D

Jay&Zobel
12th June 2009, 16:23
YUmmmmmmmmmmmy manay:xxgrinning--00xx3: So easy to make and cheap and easy to eat hahahahahahaha
Tried it and my boys ate it all:doh:Erm::Erm: I just had 1 slice:cwm23: I put cream on it hehehehe.

Thanks Manay will make it again maybe this weekend:) If no baby yet hahahahaha

Aha Aha!!! Well done lol... Sayang, no pics hehe...next time! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Have a happy "ire"-time this week end just in case...

Hi Zobel,
Thank you very much indeed. I was inspired by this thread of yours. I finally made banana cake and i made 2 flavours. Left - plain banana... right - with cinnamon

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh wow!!!!!! Hehehehehehe :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I am happy at least hehe the recipe works!!! lol :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Looks yummy Pilar!

tiN
12th June 2009, 20:35
Hi Zobel,

Well done Iye :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
12th June 2009, 20:37
NICE ONE IYE :xxgrinning--00xx3: LOOKS SO YUMMY :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:
ZOBEL, NEXT CAKE IDEA PLEASE......:D:D:D:D

I will try to make carrot cake Sophie, i ask Manay for the recipe :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I will try to do it sooner as I dont have time right now, very very busy and not feel well at all:bigcry::bigcry:

Pepe n Pilar
12th June 2009, 21:15
I will try to make carrot cake Sophie, i ask Manay for the recipe :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I will try to do it sooner as I dont have time right now, very very busy and not feel well at all:bigcry::bigcry:

i love carrot cake TiN...and cheese cake as well.... ok that will be on my list..:):xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
12th June 2009, 22:05
I love a slice of cake and a cup of tea,but I am starting to get middle-aged spread :bigcry: so before I eat anything nowadays I always remember my grandmothers dieting manta "A moment on the lips,a lifetime on the HIPS" :bigcry::ARsurrender:

Sophie
12th June 2009, 22:09

Hmmmmm...:Rasp: Carrot cake, yummy :Rasp: Post ka ng pic tin ha, para mas insipiring......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
12th June 2009, 23:54
have any of you tryed cannabis cake far better than carrots or bananas???????????

tala
12th June 2009, 23:59
oooh, am excited about the prospect.
i've been thinking of banana cake for a few months now.
will have to get some self-raising flour.
hope it goes well and the kids like it :)

Jay&Zobel
13th June 2009, 00:42
I love a slice of cake and a cup of tea,but I am starting to get middle-aged spread :bigcry: so before I eat anything nowadays I always remember my grandmothers dieting manta "A moment on the lips,a lifetime on the HIPS" :bigcry::ARsurrender:

Where are you getting all these things Tawi? hehe.. you know lots of things...lol :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

oooh, am excited about the prospect.
i've been thinking of banana cake for a few months now.
will have to get some self-raising flour.
hope it goes well and the kids like it :)

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: happy baking!!!!! post your photos here soon too!!!!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
13th June 2009, 00:44
have any of you tryed cannabis cake far better than carrots or bananas???????????

Have you?:Erm::doh:rolleyes: lol

Tawi2
14th June 2009, 11:09
Anyone like a slice :Erm:

aposhark
14th June 2009, 11:39

I went to someone's 50th birthday party a few years ago in Birkenhead.
I couldn't understand why everyone was sitting in their seats looking stunned.
Then the birthday "boy" told me he had laced the cake.

When the band started to play everyone fell about laughing as other people had fiddled with their settings on the amps and such-like. They sounded tinny but the crowd danced until the early hours, probably thinking it was Pink Floyd on the stage :-)

Tawi2
14th June 2009, 11:50

I have never actually tried it,I have no tolerance to anything it would probably wipe me out,but I have seen all the space-muffins etc in the dutch coffee-shops,and have stood in Huge cannabis fields in several countries :Erm:

tiN
14th June 2009, 20:34
Manay, Sophie, Iye and Dai Ive made it!!! :REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08:

I will try carrot cake on thursday,hehe that will be my next day off thats why :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Ive attached some pictures, ive put a creme cheese frosting on top of it with almonds and its SUPERB :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I gave a quarter to my mum-in-law and she told me when i handed it to her that she couldnt resist the smell of it :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Im just having a wee think here, would u ladies like to be my business partner for our own restaurant?:Erm::Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo::D:D:D:D

Sophie
14th June 2009, 20:38
Wow tin, it looks soooooo yummy :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp: Pahingi naman :Rasp:
Well done :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
14th June 2009, 20:40
Wow tin, it looks soooooo yummy :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp: Pahingi naman :Rasp:
Well done :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:D:D U can come and visit me here if u want :D:D

It is indeed really nice :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Sophie
14th June 2009, 20:44

Oh i wish :bigcry:
You certainly made a nice twist putting the creme cheese frosting and almonds, hmmmmm really yummy..........i can already imagine...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
14th June 2009, 20:50
Oh i wish :bigcry:
You certainly made a nice twist putting the creme cheese frosting and almonds, hmmmmm really yummy..........i can already imagine...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

yeah im really glad i put it, i was looking a walnuts but i cant see one so i just decided to put almonds on the top, i enjoyed it with a cuppa :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
14th June 2009, 20:56

are we all invited for a cup of tea and a slice of cake,whens your next day off? :xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Jay&Zobel
14th June 2009, 21:10
Manay, Sophie, Iye and Dai Ive made it!!! :REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08:
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Ive attached some pictures, ive put a creme cheese frosting on top of it with almonds and its SUPERB :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I gave a quarter to my mum-in-law and she told me when i handed it to her that she couldnt resist the smell of it :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Im just having a wee think here, would u ladies like to be my business partner for our own restaurant?:Erm::Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo::D:D:D:D

Atchu!!!! hehehhehe very good!! excellente!!!! hehehe mukhang ang sarap!!!

Another :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: for impressing your Mum-In-Law hehe

Yeah hehe let's start a Resto lol called Goin Bananas hehe :omg::icon_lol:

Again more :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
for you for being very inventive!!!

are we all invited for a cup of tea and a slice of cake,whens your next day off? :xxgrinning--00xx3::D

:Erm::Erm::Erm: pleaseeeeeeeeeee.... hehhe invite us all :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
14th June 2009, 21:12

Reminded me of Worzel Gummidge :D

Sophie
14th June 2009, 21:38

Another :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: for impressing your Mum-In-Law hehe

Again more :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Zobel i have to commend you for starting the banana cake phenomenon :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Your banana cake is evolving, iye and tin came up with their own creative twist :xxgrinning--00xx3: This is the banana cake evolution :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D

Pepe n Pilar
14th June 2009, 21:41
Anyone like a slice :Erm:

HI Tawi2,
Did you make these ube cake?...Looks yummy!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
14th June 2009, 21:49
Who?Me:Erm:Cook:Erm:Ummmm(thinks fast in case there are any beautiful single ladies reading)Oh,ummmm,yeah,of course I baked that sapin-sapin :D

Pepe n Pilar
14th June 2009, 21:49
yeah im really glad i put it, i was looking a walnuts but i cant see one so i just decided to put almonds on the top, i enjoyed it with a cuppa :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Looks yummy...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

That would be a nice name for a resto Zobel!:D:xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo:

Zobel i have to commend you for starting the banana cake phenomenon :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Your banana cake is evolving, iye and tin came up with their own creative twist :xxgrinning--00xx3: This is the banana cake evolution :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D

Yea the banana cake evolution... :xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo:

Sophie
14th June 2009, 21:53
Who?Me:Erm:Cook:Erm:yeah,of course I baked that sapin-sapin :D

Oh really? :D You swear you did? :Erm::D:D:D:D

Tawi2
14th June 2009, 21:54
Call it "Banana republic" :xxgrinning--00xx3: get Gordon f**king Ramsay or Hugh Fernley Whittingstall to visit it during the course of one of their programs for maximum publicity :xxgrinning--00xx3: Not just a banana theme,but maybe a fruit or vegan theme selling eco-friendly dishes from ethically sourced foods with a minimum carbon footprint :Erm:

Tawi2
14th June 2009, 21:55
Oh really? :D You swear you did? :Erm::D:D:D:D

Yeah,of course I ummmm,cooked or baked it or whatever in the ermmmm,that room?Oh yeah,the kitchen :D

Sophie
14th June 2009, 21:56
Yeah,of course I ummmm,cooked or baked it or whatever in the ermmmm,that room?Oh yeah,the kitchen :D

:icon_lol::icon_lol: Ok, if you say so :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
14th June 2009, 22:02
You should put serious thought into doing something professionally,my sisters two thai sister-in-laws both started out in the UK working in restos,now they are both genuine millionairessess :omg:your always going to make money in the basics,food,clothes,shelter,get yourselves organised and get a stand at next years barrio fiesta selling food,see what happens,from little acorns do mighty oaks grow :)

tiN
14th June 2009, 22:03
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

U can all come here on Saturday, i will cook palabok and carrot cake also :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Thanks also manay for inspiring us :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Agree with u Sophie and thanks very much for appreciating my cake :):xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Looks yummy...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

That would be a nice name for a resto Zobel!:D:xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo:

Yea the banana cake evolution... :xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo:
Goin Banana's :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pepe n Pilar
14th June 2009, 22:38
Who?Me:Erm:Cook:Erm:Ummmm(thinks fast in case there are any beautiful single ladies reading)Oh,ummmm,yeah,of course I baked that sapin-sapin :D

You're right Tawi2 it is called sapin-sapin. You know the filipino delicacies..:xxgrinning--00xx3::D..

Tawi2
14th June 2009, 22:41
Yup,that means I must have cooked it myself right :Erm:Or fried it or broiled it or whatever its called when people do things in kitchens :D I even know how to blaspheme fluently just like Mr Ramsey :icon_lol:

Tawi2
14th June 2009, 22:42
I dont know if any of you have heard of the famous cake shops in Jolo?Incredible cakes,very well know,I even had a lava bread type seaweed cake there,salty but beautiful :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pepe n Pilar
14th June 2009, 22:44
Hi TiN, wow! i like palabok. Pls give me the ingredients of this...pls:D:Hellooo:and i will give you the ingredients of the cake i'm going to bake very soon... :D
I know a filipina in Canada she hired someone to make palabok for her...:D

tiN
15th June 2009, 09:04
Hi TiN, wow! i like palabok. Pls give me the ingredients of this...pls:D:Hellooo:and i will give you the ingredients of the cake i'm going to bake very soon... :D
I know a filipina in Canada she hired someone to make palabok for her...:D

Once ive made it, sure i will give the ingredients.. i will try it first to see if it is going to work :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
15th June 2009, 13:22
Yup,that means I must have cooked it myself right :Erm:Or fried it or broiled it or whatever its called when people do things in kitchens :D I even know how to blaspheme fluently just like Mr Ramsey :icon_lol:

Hehe well done! lol Oist I (used to) like Gordon Ramsay hehe:Erm::xxgrinning--00xx3: but I think he reached his lime light already, now more & more people are annoyed at him...aww poor him...but he is still a great F* :doh chef hehe...

But anyway, I would like to express my gratitude for those who tried the recipe, made some yummy revisions and posted their photos as the end product!

And not to forget, thank you ever so much for those who gave me reputation points. Sweeeeeeeetttt!!! hehhee :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
15th June 2009, 18:37
[QUOTE=Jay&Zobel;142412]Hehe well done! lol Oist I (used to) like Gordon Ramsay hehe:Erm::xxgrinning--00xx3: but I think he reached his lime light already, now more & more people are annoyed at him...aww poor him...but he is still a great F* :doh chef hehe...

He is currently filming a series "Ramsays kitchen nightmares,Asia" one episode of which was filmed in Manila :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
15th June 2009, 18:45
He is currently filming a series "Ramsays kitchen nightmares,Asia" one episode of which was filmed in Manila :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: Oh cool hehehe when will that be aired here? hehehe...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
15th June 2009, 18:48
:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: Oh cool hehehe when will that be aired here? hehehe...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I saw a clip,I can condense it down into a few sentences for you,Gordon goes to a turo-turo in Manila,works in the kitchens,shouts "Ano yan" and "Pu**ng ina" lots of times,and throws old pancit and adobo around the places while all the customers die of food poisoning and LBM's :xxgrinning--00xx3:There you are,you dont have to watch it now,you know whats going to happen :D

Jay&Zobel
15th June 2009, 19:50
I saw a clip,I can condense it down into a few sentences for you,Gordon goes to a turo-turo in Manila,works in the kitchens,shouts "Ano yan" and "Pu**ng ina" lots of times,and throws old pancit and adobo around the places while all the customers die of food poisoning and LBM's :xxgrinning--00xx3:There you are,you dont have to watch it now,you know whats going to happen :D

lol...you spoilt it!!!! :Brick::Brick::Brick::furious3::furious3::furious3: lol but would be funny i think lol... can't wait to watch it lol :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:D:D:D

charlwill
22nd June 2009, 00:11
Here's my version of banana cake.... It's a banana cup cakes.

empott
22nd June 2009, 03:59
Wow those are yummy looking banana cakes! You really love baking, Chat! :xxgrinning--00xx3: Send me some pls? :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

Mrs.JMajor
22nd June 2009, 08:16
Here's my version of banana cake.... It's a banana cup cakes.

Ang sarap nmn ng thread na to:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:
Chat, can we visit your house too? :icon_lol:

bornatbirth
22nd June 2009, 09:27
i once tried eating a plantain and thought it was a bananas?? :Cuckoo:

charlwill
22nd June 2009, 10:22
Ang sarap nmn ng thread na to:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:
Chat, can we visit your house too? :icon_lol:
Sure, why not???

But the thing is.......

I DON'T ACCEPT VISITORS!!!!!! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Mrs.JMajor
22nd June 2009, 10:29
Hehehe, its alright, so I am not coming (wink)

charlwill
22nd June 2009, 10:42
Hehehe, its alright, so I am not coming (wink)
You're in Great Yarmouth and I'm here in Lancashire. You're very far from me, to be exact you're 5 hours drive away from me. If only a spit away from me..... of course, I will love to invite you to my humble house and you can try my chocolate cake, brazo de mercedes, puto, siopao, embutido and a lot more.

Jay&Zobel
22nd June 2009, 11:30
Hi Charlwill!!!

YUmmy!!!!!! Thanks for sharing the photos! I made a version of small cakes also and my husband prefers calling them Banana Muffins hehe...

charlwill
22nd June 2009, 11:47
Hi Charlwill!!!

YUmmy!!!!!! Thanks for sharing the photos! I made a version of small cakes also and my husband prefers calling them Banana Muffins hehe...

Thanks, same with my husband he called the pandesal a miniature bread. He he he he. Still okey as long as we/they enjoy eating the food that we offer to them. Cheers.

Jay&Zobel
22nd June 2009, 12:33
Hi Charlwill!!!

Thanks, same with my husband he called the pandesal a miniature bread. He he he he. Still okey as long as we/they enjoy eating the food that we offer to them. Cheers.

LOL right! :icon_lol:
I think it's the UK English vs US/PI English thing hahahaha...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Florge
22nd June 2009, 15:27
my Simon got addicted to our bananas when he was here... he was planning to bring some back but... i decided against it as he may need to get a permit or something.... sayang...

Mrs.JMajor
22nd June 2009, 15:41
You're in Great Yarmouth and I'm here in Lancashire. You're very far from me, to be exact you're 5 hours drive away from me. If only a spit away from me..... of course, I will love to invite you to my humble house and you can try my chocolate cake, brazo de mercedes, puto, siopao, embutido and a lot more.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::BouncyHappy:

Jay&Zobel
22nd June 2009, 16:01
I will love to invite you to my humble house and you can try my chocolate cake, brazo de mercedes, puto, siopao, embutido and a lot more.

Yan pa ang gusto ko matry!! Brazo de mercedes & siopao!!! Kami di invited? hehehe.... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:icon_lol:

charlwill
22nd June 2009, 17:11
Yan pa ang gusto ko matry!! Brazo de mercedes & siopao!!! Kami di invited? hehehe.... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:icon_lol:
Of course I want to invite everybody. I have an easy recipe of Brazo de Mercedes for beginners and I have a yummy recipe for my siopao.

Here are the photos of my siopao.

Sophie
22nd June 2009, 17:12
your banana cupcakes looks so yummy, well done charlwill :xxgrinning--00xx3:
And if you don't mind, can you post your brazo de mercedes recipe? :)
I really wanted to make one, thats my favorite back home, goldilocks brazo de mercedes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

charlwill
22nd June 2009, 17:13
Thanks, Sophie.:D

Sophie
22nd June 2009, 17:16
Thanks, Sophie.:D

pa-post naman ng brazo de mercedes recipe mo, hehehe :D
favorite ko kasi yan back home and i wanna try making one here :)

charlwill
22nd June 2009, 17:20
Okey, I will make a new thread for Brazo de Mercedes. Yes, it's one of my fave as well backhome.....

Jay&Zobel
22nd June 2009, 17:22
SIg
Of course I want to invite everybody. I have an easy recipe of Brazo de Mercedes for beginners and I have a yummy recipe for my siopao.

Here are the photos of my siopao.

And if you don't mind, can you post your brazo de mercedes recipe? :)
I really wanted to make one, thats my favorite back home, goldilocks brazo de mercedes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Okey, I will make a new thread for Brazo de Mercedes. Yes, it's one of my fave as well backhome.....

Siopao pa po ha?! Looking forward to your threads hahaha :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pepe n Pilar
22nd June 2009, 17:22
Once ive made it, sure i will give the ingredients.. i will try it first to see if it is going to work :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi TiN,
I'm patiently waiting ..... my palaboookkkk:D:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

you can try my chocolate cake, brazo de mercedes, puto, siopao, embutido and a lot more.

Hi Charlwill,
Wow! i like them all......We have an expertise here... If you're going to open a bake shop, pls notify me hehehe:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
22nd June 2009, 17:24
Siopao pa po ha?! Looking forward to your threads hahaha :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

ASADO or BOLA BOLA? :D
Nakakagutom na tong thread mo sis :xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Pepe n Pilar
22nd June 2009, 17:24
Everyone is looking forward to that....:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
22nd June 2009, 17:25
Hi TiN,
I'm patiently waiting ..... my palaboookkkk:D:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Opps.. yeah coming n po.. :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

charlwill
22nd June 2009, 17:25
Hi TiN,

Hi Charlwill,
Wow! i like them all......We have an expertise here... If you're going to open a bake shop, pls notify me hehehe:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Ha ha ha. How I love to have a filipino bakery here in Lancs but the think is the tax is horrendous but the rental of the place is so expensive as well. So, now chance maybe I will had one in the Phils when I retire.

Jay&Zobel
22nd June 2009, 17:27
SIg

ASADO or BOLA BOLA? :D
Nakakagutom na tong thread mo sis :xxgrinning--00xx3::D

ASADO!!!!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

charlwill
22nd June 2009, 17:29
ASADO!!!!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
He he he he.... Now, I really need to dig all my recipes for all your request. So, if you can wait for it but promise I will post it as quick as I can. Cheers.

Sophie
22nd June 2009, 17:34
He he he he.... Now, I really need to dig all my recipes for all your request. So, if you can wait for it but promise I will post it as quick as I can. Cheers.

Thanks in advance :xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Pepe n Pilar
22nd June 2009, 17:45

Thank you very much indeed!...:xxgrinning--00xx3:
add the white bread as well hehehe:xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo:

Ann07
23rd June 2009, 20:21
Nakakagutom naman dito wahhhhhhhhhh thanks for sharing your recipes lol!

manay eto yung banana cake ko wahhhh with cream:D

Tawi2
23rd June 2009, 20:23
Cream with that banana cake :cwm24: Gutom na ko :bigcry: I hope I have a crust of dry bread in the cupboard for my dinner :bigcry: That cake looks Mhhhhhhhhhhh :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs Daddy
23rd June 2009, 20:25
Cream with that banana cake :cwm24: Gutom na ko :bigcry: I hope I have a crust of dry bread in the cupboard for my dinner :bigcry: That cake looks Mhhhhhhhhhhh :xxgrinning--00xx3:

poor Tawi2 you should have brought your pinay girl with you here so that somebody could look after you better:D

Ann07
23rd June 2009, 20:26

Ive still got homemade beef burger here tawi:D

Pepe n Pilar
23rd June 2009, 20:29
Ive still got homemade beef burger here tawi:D

Same with me Ann i also make my own beef burger... super linamnam... :D
BTW your banana cake looks yummy...Well done!..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
23rd June 2009, 20:33
poor Tawi2 you should have brought your pinay girl with you here so that somebody could look after you better:D

Its ok Mrs D,I am "Nil by mouth" on my chart,and you couldnt push a slice of that cake down the IV tube :NoNo:

Ann07
23rd June 2009, 20:35
Same with me Ann i also make my own beef burger... super linamnam... :D
BTW your banana cake looks yummy...Well done!..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

yummy isnt it:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: with side salad on it sulit na hehehehehehe. my boys likes it:D

Ohh yummy husbands likes it soooooo much and my father in law:D:D:D all the boys in the house actually :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol

Your hubby must have enjoyed his foods Iye..You are a great cook:D

Mrs Daddy
23rd June 2009, 20:36
Its ok Mrs D,I am "Nil by mouth" on my chart,and you couldnt push a slice of that cake down the IV tube :NoNo:
silliy billy:doh :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
23rd June 2009, 20:39

well done dai!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: pahingi!!

awww poor you!! Moldy bread for dinner :NoNo::bigcry::bigcry:
Why don't you make some eggy bread instead!!! (I'm pretty sure you know how to make them right, as kids love them!!!)

Pepe n Pilar
23rd June 2009, 20:42
yummy isnt it:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: with side salad on it sulit na hehehehehehe. my boys likes it:D

Ohh yummy husbands likes it soooooo much and my father in law:D:D:D all the boys in the house actually :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol

Your hubby must have enjoyed his foods Iye..You are a great cook:D

I will share with you my secret ingredient in beef burger heheh.:D
No i'm not a great cook... (math go lor )....:xxgrinning--00xx3::D
Just had my pork liempo sinigang BTW.... huh!. i missed this one!...

Tawi2
23rd June 2009, 20:46
The bread isnt exactly mouldy,I have only had it in the cupboard for a few months :Erm: I guess I will survive :icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
23rd June 2009, 20:46

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
I am so delighted that we have some cooking experts here!!! Free tips and advices!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Oo mga Wheela, poor Tawiwi... Maybe let's help him find someone.... hehe what do you think? lol... :Erm::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tawi2
23rd June 2009, 20:50
Nooooooo :cwm24: Please dont help me find someone,its easier to come on here and chat to other peoples wives,saves me buying flowers,chocolate,perfume,etc,and when I am tired I can just log off :D Its better than living with someone 24/7 we are living in a virtual age,with virtual wives,no nagging or PMT or long black hairs clogging up the shower plug-hole :D Perfect women,forget "Stepford wives" its now "Baguio wives" :D

tiN
23rd June 2009, 20:53

Looks yummy dai.. enge..:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Ann07
23rd June 2009, 20:57
Looks yummy dai.. enge..:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:

eto atchu madami pa heheheheeh

glad john sleeps 4 to 6 hours i can do some baking hahahahahaha and cooking otherwise my boys will be starving or eating junks:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Ann07
23rd June 2009, 20:58
hehehe madami pa manay dito hehehehe salamat sa recipe u

Pepe n Pilar
23rd June 2009, 20:59
Nooooooo :cwm24: Please dont help me find someone,its easier to come on here and chat to other peoples wives,saves me buying flowers,chocolate,perfume,etc,and when I am tired I can just log off :D Its better than living with someone 24/7 we are living in a virtual age,with virtual wives,no nagging or PMT or long black hairs clogging up the shower plug-hole :D Perfect women,forget "Stepford wives" its now "Baguio wives" :D

Huh!:Erm: Tawi2 you're satisfied with having virtual friends only? I am very much willing to find someone for you.... Just let me know...:xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo::Hellooo:
I have heard a Brit lady asked one of her friends who has been living alone for more than 5 yrs. She asked: So how do you find it living all by yourself? Her friend answered: I like it, and i don't have any problems at all bec everything i do is right and no one criticises me.:icon_lol::Hellooo:

Tawi2
23rd June 2009, 21:06
That brit lady has the right idea,my boy said "Dad,dont trust girls,they are troublemakers" :icon_lol:

Sophie
23rd June 2009, 21:06
wow, looks so yummy ann :Rasp::xxgrinning--00xx3:
well done :xxgrinning--00xx3:

charlwill
23rd June 2009, 21:22
:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
I am so delighted that we have some cooking experts here!!! Free tips and advices!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hey, ladies I just bake my fresh ensaimada..... mmmmmm, I am eating it right now with grated cheddar cheese.

Jay&Zobel
23rd June 2009, 21:25
Hey, ladies I just bake my fresh ensaimada..... mmmmmm, I am eating it right now with grated cheddar cheese.

ibang klase ka!!! post agad pix & recipeeeeeeeeeeee pppplllllllllllllssssssssssss :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

charlwill
23rd June 2009, 21:30
ibang klase ka!!! post agad pix & recipeeeeeeeeeeee pppplllllllllllllssssssssssss :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
He he he... I will try to...

Pepe n Pilar
23rd June 2009, 21:32
He he he... I will try to...

Post the pictures Charl... pls give me the ingredients of that as well...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

charlwill
23rd June 2009, 22:15
Post the pictures Charl... pls give me the ingredients of that as well...:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I just finished eating my speciala ensaimada. Now, I am ready to start a new thread.

Mrs Daddy
24th June 2009, 19:42

Oo mga Wheela, poor Tawiwi... Maybe let's help him find someone.... hehe what do you think? lol... :Erm::rolleyes::rolleyes:

dont know what he wants coz I hear he`s bayot:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Pepe n Pilar
30th July 2009, 16:04
Hi Zobel,

HI Zobel,
This time I have made banana cake in a rectangular cake dish with cinnamon flavouring. I sliced them into 1 1/2" x 2" and wrapped in a foil and brought to work yesterday. I have distributed them during our coffee/tea break. I have shared to them some filipino dishes i know:xxgrinning--00xx3:....I'm soooooo glad my co-workers and Manager loved it:xxgrinning--00xx3:. They said more, more..... next time!!!!....:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Thanks Zobel..

Cheers!:)

Sophie
30th July 2009, 21:55
HI Zobel,
This time I have made banana cake in a rectangular cake dish with cinnamon flavouring. I sliced them into 1 1/2" x 2" and wrapped in a foil and brought to work yesterday. I have distributed them during our coffee/tea break. I have shared to them some filipino dishes i know:xxgrinning--00xx3:....I'm soooooo glad my co-workers and Manager loved it:xxgrinning--00xx3:. They said more, more..... next time!!!!....:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Thanks Zobel..

wow, well done again sis :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
31st July 2009, 11:45
HI Zobel,

Thanks Zobel..

Hehehe ayos! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

charlwill
31st July 2009, 11:48
HI Zobel,

Thanks Zobel..

Keep it up, P&P. :D

Pepe n Pilar
31st July 2009, 12:29
wow, well done again sis :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hehehe ayos! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Keep it up, P&P. :D

Thanks for the appreciation guys!..

I will try to make the special ensaymada next time. I love ensaymada with lots of cheese toppings....:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:Surely they will love it....!:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I was encouraged by the threads about filipino foods..:xxgrinning--00xx3: