PDA

View Full Version : Property investment CDO?

Fitzy
6th June 2009, 08:11
:DHi ppl.

Am just toying with the idea of property investment in CDO!
We will be staying in Kingstone Lodge CDO in August, and will be popping in to xavier estates country club.
The lot prices seem guite reasonable, but am sure I will learn more on subsequent visits to the phils
We will however, probably hold our wedding reception there, as that's what my Roni wants.
She is from Bugo CDO.

Any thoughts wd be welcomed.

Philip ......:D

vbkelly
6th June 2009, 10:18

We will be staying in Kingstone Lodge CDO in August, and will be popping in to xavier estates country club.
The lot prices seem guite reasonable, but am sure I will learn more on subsequent visits to the phils
We will however, probably hold our wedding reception there, as that's what my Roni wants.
She is from Bugo CDO.

that's good idea Fitzy while the property is a bit cheaper, i had already bought mine 4years ago and have a plan to buy another one in davao next year.

Sim11UK
6th June 2009, 11:09
We were having a look around too Phil.
We were told of some prices for lots, which sounded quite reasonable, though we didn't take it any further.
Seems to be quite a lot of development going on out towards the Airport.
I'd be interested to see whether there are any further replies.

...We could end up as neighbours :yikes: :icon_lol:

Fitzy
6th June 2009, 11:38
that's good idea Fitzy while the property is a bit cheaper, i had already bought mine 4years ago and have a plan to buy another one in davao next year.

Thank you.

Is mostly for the family, and kids if we ever get to make any, lol
Of course it will occupy my time while out there too:D

Fitzy
6th June 2009, 11:40
We were having a look around too Phil.
We were told of some prices for lots, which sounded quite reasonable, though we didn't take it any further.
Seems to be quite a lot of development going on out towards the Airport.
I'd be interested to see whether there are any further replies.

...We could end up as neighbours :yikes: :icon_lol:

Yes Sim, it wd be interesting.
Neighbours:Erm:
Wd be just like living at home, lol
When do you plan to go out there again mate?
Perhaps we cd meet up, who knows?
Am in YM if u wana chat?

eagles
6th June 2009, 13:35
Just been to CDO last May, the property development at along Brgy Lumbia is growing as it's close to the airport.. But I suggest when you visit CDO, try to visit the city hall and look at their development plans .. Buy a property that will be appreciate in less than 5 years..and a property in Phils appreciate coz there are business development going on. Lumbia highways ends up at the airport.. Hope the government can develop more areas farther than the airport so that it can connect to other growing cities like Iligan.... choose your options well,,,

Fitzy
6th June 2009, 18:44
Just been to CDO last May, the property development at along Brgy Lumbia is growing as it's close to the airport.. But I suggest when you visit CDO, try to visit the city hall and look at their development plans .. Buy a property that will be appreciate in less than 5 years..and a property in Phils appreciate coz there are business development going on. Lumbia highways ends up at the airport.. Hope the government can develop more areas farther than the airport so that it can connect to other growing cities like Iligan.... choose your options well,,,
Thank you friend
All valuable information, and yes I agree, the better the links to other cities in such an area will undoubtedly increase the property values, as well as boosting the economy/GDP!

Nice response:)

eagles
7th June 2009, 02:01
Welcome, I'd be glad to give help on those areas.. You can surf on the net for added information on the cities in the phils.. make a best choice my friend..

Fitzy
7th June 2009, 10:22
Welcome, I'd be glad to give help on those areas.. You can surf on the net for added information on the cities in the phils.. make a best choice my friend..

Will do:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Just speculation at this time, lol

Thanks

Sim11UK
7th June 2009, 12:10
Yes Sim, it wd be interesting.
Neighbours:Erm:
Wd be just like living at home, lol
When do you plan to go out there again mate?
Perhaps we cd meet up, who knows?
Am in YM if u wana chat?

Going back mid september, to get married october.
I'm sure we could meet up at some point. :)

Fitzy
9th June 2009, 13:28

Good luck mate. Glad u r all sorted.
Will be there 12 to 25 Aug.

Take care mate.

Fitzy
9th June 2009, 13:39

Take care mate.

Sim11UK
9th June 2009, 16:24

Take care mate.

I heard you the first time! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Cheers! Phil :)

Fitzy
9th June 2009, 16:44
I heard you the first time! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Cheers! Phil :)

Sorry mate!

Old age creeping up on me:doh

trader dave
13th June 2009, 20:51
there is lots of different subdivisions up in lumbia i did have a nice lot on hillsbough pointe unfortunantly my ex wife has that now:Erm::NoNo: a point to remember a foregner CAN NOT OWN LAND only property :Hellooo: nevermind apparently the new international airport is going to open next year then lumbia will cease to operate ??? so it will be even quieter up there :xxgrinning--00xx3: there are new developments opening everytime i visit the trouble with a lot of the subdivisions is the size of the lots :Erm: to small i like a nice bit of garden
the lot i had was 390 s/ metre that cost me 1.3 million php in 2002 well it only cost me 1 million cause the exchange rate went over 100 to 1 £

you can buy house and lot for 3 -4 million you can pay a lot more and you can pay less

talk to tony or keith at kingstone they will fill you in with all the pros and cons :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Fitzy
16th June 2009, 11:31
there is lots of different subdivisions up in lumbia i did have a nice lot on hillsbough pointe unfortunantly my ex wife has that now:Erm::NoNo: a point to remember a foregner CAN NOT OWN LAND only property :Hellooo: nevermind apparently the new international airport is going to open next year then lumbia will cease to operate ??? so it will be even quieter up there :xxgrinning--00xx3: there are new developments opening everytime i visit the trouble with a lot of the subdivisions is the size of the lots :Erm: to small i like a nice bit of garden
the lot i had was 390 s/ metre that cost me 1.3 million php in 2002 well it only cost me 1 million cause the exchange rate went over 100 to 1 £

you can buy house and lot for 3 -4 million you can pay a lot more and you can pay less

talk to tony or keith at kingstone they will fill you in with all the pros and cons :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cheers Dave:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Will do just that, and thank you:)

Let you know how I get on

Sangoma
17th June 2009, 09:57

She is from Bugo CDO.

I am constantly looking at property in CDO, it seems quite stable, doesn't look like it will appreciate much in the near future.

We tried Kingston Lodge last July, total disaster, left after one night.

Nicest place we found in CdO was Coco Beach, much nicer, nicer rooms, nicer pool, much better food service, even good room service.

Also I preferred Limketkai for shopping, didn't like SM in CdO as much.

Sim11UK
17th June 2009, 12:59
I am constantly looking at property in CDO, it seems quite stable, doesn't look like it will appreciate much in the near future.

We tried Kingston Lodge last July, total disaster, left after one night.

Nicest place we found in CdO was Coco Beach, much nicer, nicer rooms, nicer pool, much better food service, even good room service.

Also I preferred Limketkai for shopping, didn't like SM in CdO as much.

We had a look in at Coco Beach as a possible wedding venue...Lovely paintwork everywhere, very colourful & bright...The painter must be very busy.

I also prefer Limketkai...it's nice to wander around to keep cool & to get something to eat. :)

Sangoma
17th June 2009, 13:10
We had a look in at Coco Beach as a possible wedding venue...Lovely paintwork everywhere, very colourful & bright...The painter must be very busy.

I also prefer Limketkai...it's nice to wander around to keep cool & to get something to eat. :)

We got a price fot our wedding at Coco Beach, but they would not allow outside caterers, they offered several different menu combinations, but my wife wanted a cross selection of these, which they were going to have to find out about, and we did not have time.
But an ideal venue, that big round deck area at the front by the sea looked nice, and there is the pool for the kids right there. The cottages are very nice.

We went back there after we were married, and more and more family kept arriving. We had three cottages, one for us, one for our kids, and one for the few family members who we thought would be there. They said nothing about the extra people, quietly let them stay, then discretely asked us for the P100 surcharge per extra person. Very nicely done.

We stayed there on 3 seperate occasions, and would go back without hesitation.