PDA

View Full Version : European Parliamentary Elections

Arthur Little
3rd June 2009, 12:33
Folks,

Tomorrow, I'll be firmly ensconced at a local Polling Station where I've presided at each and every election - Municipal, General and European - since 1983. Hence the reason I am prevented from becoming too deeply involved in any political debate. Suffice to say, though, I very much doubt if we British as a whole will be likely to show any real interest in what is happening in European legislative affairs.

Having said that, [too] many of our present-day laws are passed in Brussels, and so it is the collective responsibility of the UK electorate to cast aside its "natural" apathy towards this quinquennial event and participate to the fullest possible extent in order to ensure the maximum number of votes go to the candidate(s) best qualified to represent the interests of this country :Britain:on the European stage.

bornatbirth
3rd June 2009, 12:47
can you rig it?

Tawi2
3rd June 2009, 12:49
My dad always told me,never get involved with politics,religion,or another mans wife :icon_lol:

KeithD
3rd June 2009, 12:53
My dad always told me,never get involved with politics,religion,or another mans wife :icon_lol:
:omg: Failed on all 3 :rolleyes:

As a staunch Labour supporter.....I've voted UKIP....and everyone I know seems to be as well :cwm24:

bornatbirth
3rd June 2009, 12:54
not me!

im voting tory??

KeithD
3rd June 2009, 12:57
not me!

im voting tory??
They're all corrupt, but good to see the UKIP fella doing jail time, unlike the other wimps trying to back out of it!

Arthur Little
3rd June 2009, 13:31
can you rig it?

:Erm: Sadly, NO! ... much as I'd like to! :lol2:

Arthur Little
3rd June 2009, 13:37

:xxsmilie_auslachen: Wise counsel! And DID you ... :Erm: ... ???

Tawi2
3rd June 2009, 13:39
Two out of three aint bad Arthur :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

Arthur Little
3rd June 2009, 13:41
:omg: Failed on all 3 :rolleyes:

:doh Shame on you, Sir! Will you be "stripped" of your:kngt:hood?

Arthur Little
3rd June 2009, 13:49
They're all corrupt!

:Erm: Best [for my sake] :HeadButter: if I reserve judgement on THAT particular issue. But, like everyone else, I have my own thoughts :rolleyes: on the matter.

Arthur Little
3rd June 2009, 13:53
Two out of three aint bad Arthur :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

WHICH two? :cwm24::cwm24:

Arthur Little
3rd June 2009, 13:57
but good to see the UKIP fella doing jail time, unlike the other *wimps

*How about Jeffrey Archer? :8_1_215: ... tied up in more "swindles" than most of the characters in his novels ... !

KeithD
3rd June 2009, 14:00
*How about Jeffrey Archer?
:Erm: He's not in the government now, the other fella is.

Arthur Little
8th June 2009, 10:00
Like everyone else, I have my own thoughts :rolleyes: on the matter.

Results kinda speak for themselves, folks :doh

IainBusby
8th June 2009, 10:27
not me!

im voting tory??

Short memory!