PDA

View Full Version : Sabong?

Fitzy
2nd June 2009, 01:22
Hi.

While I was in Cagayan, my girl's dad bred a rooster, and it could be plainly seen by it's physique, and obvious demeanor that it was bread for 'sabong' or cock fighting, however, after I got home and asked her how it was, she said it was dead!
I assumed it lost the fight hehehehhe:D
It as a muscly mean looking bugger too:D
Is a shame that shame that she wont let me go to see one, as she hates it!
Is this a generally accepted thing in the Philippines??
I thought about cross breeding some mad crazy killer cocks, and spiking them up with some amphetamine before the fight:D:D:D:D:D
Is a sure winner hehehehehehe:action-smiley-081:

IainBusby
2nd June 2009, 08:16
Hi.

While I was in Cagayan, my girl's dad bred a rooster, and it could be plainly seen by it's physique, and obvious demeanor that it was bread for 'sabong' or cock fighting, however, after I got home and asked her how it was, she said it was dead!
I assumed it lost the fight hehehehhe:D
It as a muscly mean looking bugger too:D
Is a shame that shame that she wont let me go to see one, as she hates it!
Is this a generally accepted thing in the Philippines??
I thought about cross breeding some mad crazy killer cocks, and spiking them up with some amphetamine before the fight:D:D:D:D:D
Is a sure winner hehehehehehe:action-smiley-081:

Not only is it a generally accepted thing, it is even shown on TV!

Tawi2
2nd June 2009, 08:21
I visited a guy near Mt Matutum in south cotabato last year who kept 3000 birds,good job he was in the ass end of nowhere sans neighbours :icon_lol: I always go to sabong every sunday whenever I am in Pinas,been to the world slasher derby once before in the Araneta(where Ali fought)when in rome and all that,also saw a horse fight once at a T'boli wedding.One question....she wont let you go?:icon_lol:jump in a tricycle,go on your own,easy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
2nd June 2009, 08:26
Thats correct Ian,I always watch "Larga na" :xxgrinning--00xx3: Theres a pinoy cocking team in Milton Keynes,they have a lot of birds in Pinas,its their version of horse racing I guess?We have football,they have basketball,we have horse racing they have sabong,besides,some of the most interesting people hang about at sabong on sundays :icon_lol:

Fitzy
2nd June 2009, 08:55
Thats correct Ian,I always watch "Larga na" :xxgrinning--00xx3: Theres a pinoy cocking team in Milton Keynes,they have a lot of birds in Pinas,its their version of horse racing I guess?We have football,they have basketball,we have horse racing they have sabong,besides,some of the most interesting people hang about at sabong on sundays :icon_lol:

Wow.

All very interesting mate
Somehow, I think she will be hot on my trail, if i go out, for the pure reason that she will think I will mix with ex pats, and leave her for another Pina:D
Well, that's my thought, but no way!!
Aug will be my 4th visit in a year too her, lol

Love her like crazy, but will try to slip out to go to sabong:Hellooo:

Nice pics by the way mate!:)

IainBusby
2nd June 2009, 09:29
I think the reason she doesn't want you to go is because of the gambling element involved in this pastime. There are many Filipino men who blow all of their money at these events and leave their families without money for food etc.
Iain.

Tawi2
2nd June 2009, 09:45
Yeah,tell her you realise she is right,sabong attracts the degenerate gambling drinking types,tell her thats really not your scene :xxgrinning--00xx3:The tell her your mates have asked you to visit the girly bars instead :icon_lol: Could be worse,I saw bears and dogs once just outside the Afghani refugee camp at Peshawar.

jimeve
2nd June 2009, 19:30
I nearly witness a murder at a sabong a few years ago, i was going to go to a derby one Sunday afternoon, but I had too much SMB, and was tired.

It happened close to my in laws house i herd the gun shot, two men arguing and one man shot the other close range in the stomach.

Later the CID was looking for witness, but no one come forward, ppl scared to come foreword.

day later the killer killed him self, rat poison. maybe Gods way of punishment,
im a none believer, but shouldn't force animals to kill each other for sport. :cwm23:

womaninlove
2nd June 2009, 21:39
Cock fighting is illigal in the Philippines. but you know people always getting away from it.

my friend bring me along with her bf to the cock fighting place. we tried betting but we did not win. I admit I did enjoy the cock fight even we did not win. lots of people coming there mostly are men. they're betting with big money. sometimes I am thinking to go back there someday and try my luck.:)

Tawi2
2nd June 2009, 21:49
Is cockfighting illegal?:Erm: Purina report that gamefowl foods are a multi-million dollar industry in pinas,every single city and village has a cockpit,there are scores of magazines and TV programs devoted to sabong,pacifica agrivet stores are everywhere,and when I was at a derby earlier this year I heard that Glorias imbecilic son "Mikey" had lost millions of pesos last year at a derby,but its illegal?????Only in pinas could something illegal be so blatantly promoted :icon_lol:

aug06_2006
2nd June 2009, 22:18
oH, when I was a little kid my papa was a sabongiro hehehe!

fred
3rd June 2009, 03:27
Later the CID was looking for witness,

Crikey!
The CID have jurisdiction over cock fights in P.I now??
Talk about the flying squad!!

Florge
3rd June 2009, 03:47
cockfighting isn't illegal in the Phils. it will only be illegal if it has no permit... you need to get a permit for that... i should know... my brother manages his in-laws' sabungan... hehehe..

Tawi2
3rd June 2009, 08:47
:cwm38:Really Flroge?Wow:cwm38:my dream woman :cwm38::icon_lol: a woman with connections :xxgrinning--00xx3:Which one?Whereabouts?I am glad its not illeagle,its just illmanok(after they have fought).:Rasp:

bornatbirth
3rd June 2009, 10:40
maybe its just me but isnt cock fighting sick?? :NoNo:

Tawi2
3rd June 2009, 11:18
Its their culture mate,remember it was only a few years ago that it was legal here in the UK to chase a small animal with a pack of 50 hounds and a squad of horse and riders,running it to exhaustion sometimes for well over an hour,before it was caught and ripped apart :yikes: Cockfights are over with very quickly,far far quicker than bullfights which also go on in europe,ever been inside a slaughterhouse?Not nice :NoNo:Besides,the birds are naturally inclined to fight,no one ever forces them,go into a farmyard and watch them spar for ages,its only man who introduced the spurs.Men are bloodthirsty,ever been to rome?Seen the coliseum?Yeah,it was hundreds of years ago,but inside men are still the same,look at the massive appeal of cage fighting and MMA,those guys are treated like gods in some parts of the world,I know what your going to say,they are aware of what they are doing,but no ones ever forced a gamefowl to fight,thats fact,its impossible to actually force one to fight :rolleyes:

eagles
3rd June 2009, 12:51
:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: been to sabong with my boyfriend... He enjoyed watching it...though cockpits "sabungan" may not be his normal place (hot, noisy, smoke filled, beers cans around the corner:omg:) he had his full attention to the two cocks fighting ( sa pula , sa puti.... meron o wala )... :ARsurrender:

Tawi2
3rd June 2009, 12:54
Inilog...inilog....Biya...biya....biya :icon_lol: Take him to some of the araw ng dabaw derbies,I havent missed one in the last 6 or 7 years :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ann07
3rd June 2009, 15:11
OHh sabong:Erm: hate watching it just been once when i was a kid and thats it:doh:doh:doh My cousin who is a police officer have many manok for sabong:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: feel sorry for the manok:doh:doh:doh

Fitzy
3rd June 2009, 16:46
Yeah,tell her you realise she is right,sabong attracts the degenerate gambling drinking types,tell her thats really not your scene :xxgrinning--00xx3:The tell her your mates have asked you to visit the girly bars instead :icon_lol: Could be worse,I saw bears and dogs once just outside the Afghani refugee camp at Peshawar.

Hhahahahahahahah:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Nice 1 mate:laugher::laugher::iagree:

womaninlove
3rd June 2009, 19:37
:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: been to sabong with my boyfriend... He enjoyed watching it...though cockpits "sabungan" may not be his normal place (hot, noisy, smoke filled, beers cans around the corner:omg:) he had his full attention to the two cocks fighting ( sa pula , sa puti.... meron o wala )... :ARsurrender:

The sabungan I've been to was clean. it's a huge sports complex. not only local people but also there are many foriegner going there.

Tawi2
3rd June 2009, 20:05
OHh sabong:Erm: hate watching it just been once when i was a kid and thats it:doh:doh:doh My cousin who is a police officer have many manok for sabong:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: feel sorry for the manok:doh:doh:doh

But they tasted nice BBQ'd on a bamboo skewer didnt they :xxgrinning--00xx3: Lammi kaayo :icon_lol:

Florge
4th June 2009, 04:15
:cwm38:Really Flroge?Wow:cwm38:my dream woman :cwm38::icon_lol: a woman with connections :xxgrinning--00xx3:Which one?Whereabouts?I am glad its not illeagle,its just illmanok(after they have fought).:Rasp:

hahaha... i am a dream woman indeed... he manages a sabungan in Santiago City, Isabela.. there's another one which I forgot.. but still in Isabela... I think they'll have a bid derby coming up soon...

Florge
4th June 2009, 04:17
Sabong is one of the many influences that our Spanish conquerors have left us with... so it's really not essentially Filipino.

LEAHnew
4th June 2009, 05:57
:rolleyes:reminds me my previous screen id kukurokuk adapted from my brother yahoo id:D During his teeners he skip class just to go cock fighting arena:doh:NoNo:

Yes Florge is right it's legal here as long as there's a permit, coz even the Mayor and Governor are the Directors:yikes:

Tawi2
4th June 2009, 10:51
Sabong is one of the many influences that our Spanish conquerors have left us with... so it's really not essentially Filipino.

Thats not actually true Florge,get hold of the book "A cultural perspective of cockfighting in the Philippines" it explains the full history of sabong(a word of malay origin)which was already established in Pinas when the spanish arrived,it is speculated to have been brought to pinas by malay or indonesian migrants,the earliest recorded cockfight was in 1212AD on Panay :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
4th June 2009, 11:02
But they tasted nice BBQ'd on a bamboo skewer didnt they :xxgrinning--00xx3: Lammi kaayo :icon_lol:

The loser should not really be eaten these days...Have you seen the stuff that they pump into them to get em match fit?

maybe its just me but isnt cock fighting sick??I felt quite sick the last time I went to be honest...
Lost 10,000PHP in under an hour...:bigcry:

Mrs.JMajor
4th June 2009, 11:06
I felt quite sick the last time I went to be honest...
Lost 10,000PHP in under an hour...:bigcry:

:yikes: Now you manage how to gamble now:D
So dont do it next time:cwm34:

Hows the business?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
4th June 2009, 11:07
I always eat them fred :D Could be the reason I now speak in a high falsetto voice and my otin has shrank :Erm::bigcry:

Mrs.JMajor
4th June 2009, 11:12
:laugher::23_116_6[1]:

and my otin has shrank :Erm::bigcry:

fred
4th June 2009, 11:12
Your otin?
Hope its not what I think it is...
for your wife`s sake at least.

Mrs.JMajor
4th June 2009, 11:13
Your otin?
Hope its not what I think it is...
for your wife`s sake at least.
That is the reason, why he doesnt want to get marry already, poor thing :cwm3:

Tawi2
4th June 2009, 11:16
Hoyyyyyyy chismosa ka :icon_lol: Mrs M,even though its shrank its still twice the size of Haydens,have you seen the second tape they have released of Maricar reyes,the one with the decent lighting etc so you can see EVERYTHING :yikes::omg:

fred
4th June 2009, 11:19
:yikes: Now you manage how to gamble now:D
So dont do it next time:cwm34:

Hows the business?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yeah..Im a sucker for a good looking bird...:NoNo:
Cant grumble about the business though...Full to the rafters at present..I have a funny feeling that I`m not charging them enough??

Mrs.JMajor
4th June 2009, 11:20
Hoyyyyyyy chismosa ka :icon_lol: Mrs M,even though its shrank its still twice the size of Haydens,have you seen the second tape they have released of Maricar reyes,the one with the decent lighting etc so you can see EVERYTHING :yikes::omg:

Link please:rolleyes: :cwm38::cwm38::cwm38::cwm38:xxxxxx:icon_lol:

Mrs.JMajor
4th June 2009, 11:22
Yeah..Im a sucker for a good looking bird...:NoNo:
Cant grumble about the business though...Full to the rafters at present..I have a funny feeling that I`m not charging them enough??

Dont you have adviser ?? :yikes: I am talking the nice apartment in Cavite

Tawi2
4th June 2009, 11:31
Your buying an apartment Mrs M?:Erm: I saw a building in Davao last year,decent size a stones throw from the airport,it was 3.5 million?Really run down,I actually thought it would make a great apartment block,went back in march of this year and workmen are turning it into.................An apartment block :icon_lol:

fred
4th June 2009, 11:33
Dont you have adviser ?? :yikes: I am talking the nice apartment in Cavite

Adviser? Here? Yeah loads and loads of people here with all kinds of advice..:Help1:

Fitzy
5th June 2009, 06:58

Hmmm.

Si! Estoy acuerdo de usted! jejejejejejejej
Yo hablo Espanol:D:D

English:

Yes, I agree with you, hehehehehh
Read it on Wikipedia, the ppls encyclopedia:)
Indeed, as many things were left over from the Conquistadores Espanoles of the 15th Century!
I love learning about cultures, lol
Still, i really wana go to Sabong.
Just need to figure out on a way to escape, lol with her dad!

Fitzy
22nd June 2009, 19:07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV-X_D6SZRA

:D:D