PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow, Scotland Barrio Fiesta

filglas
1st June 2009, 14:06
hi, guys just to inform everyone who are in Scotland or near Scotland that there will be a Barrio Fiesta in Glasgow, Kelvin Hall on the 21st June 2009.

This will be the very first Barrio Fiesta in Scotland so hoping that our kababayan will support this big event..

Our guests are Randy Santiago, Madonna Decena of Britain Got Talent 2008 and our very own kababayans who are performing some cultural dances for us. This is an indoor event because of our unpredictable weather.

Ok guys,,hope to meet you there.:Hellooo:

james999
1st June 2009, 17:22
is there an admittance fee to kelvin hall for the fiesta ?

filglas
1st June 2009, 18:16
is there an admittance fee to kelvin hall for the fiesta ?

hi, james

there is only £1 registration fee..thanks

tiN
1st June 2009, 18:38
Hi Figlas,

Sounds pretty awesome..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: And my husband and I are interested to come:D:D

Do u need the registration fee posted to you now or do we pay on the day of the event?

I will tell my friends also about this, so if they will have a time they can come as well :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

bagaholic
1st June 2009, 19:29
Oh This is great im difinetly gonna come to this fiesta,What time does it start? and do we pay for the registration fee on the day of the event? tnx

pennybarry
2nd June 2009, 08:15
We'll see if we can get there. I met a filipina nurse here from Glasgow. She's always here to get seafood from filipino fishermen. She said there are loads of filipina there and she knew some of my friends there:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
2nd June 2009, 09:19
We'll see if we can get there. I met a filipina nurse here from Glasgow. She's always here to get seafood from filipino fishermen. She said there are loads of filipina there and she knew some of my friends there:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ate if u manage to go, we can meet up also :D:D:D As hubby and I will definitely go..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

filglas
2nd June 2009, 13:10
hi, sa JUne 21st n lang ang registration fee bago pumasok s loob ng Kelvin hall,,bale half day event lang ito from 1Pm to 6 PM

cge,,paki spread na lng ito sa mga friends nyo,,let us pray n maging succesffull ito.

we are looking for sponsors as well na gustong mag promote ng business nila to our mga kababayans,,:xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks and see you there, folks!!

james999
2nd June 2009, 17:37
:Erm:translation please not all of us have our mahal here allready :bigcry:

Arthur Little
2nd June 2009, 19:02
hi, guys just to inform everyone who are in Scotland or near Scotland that there will be a Barrio Fiesta in Glasgow, Kelvin Hall on the 21st June 2009.

What does the programme entail? :rolleyes:

Arthur Little
2nd June 2009, 19:31
Our guests are Randy Santiago, Madonna Decena of Britain Got Talent 2008

Pardon my "ignorance" ... but who are THEY? Mind you with a 'Randy' :9: and a 'Madonna' :wiggle: as guest artistes, it sounds like a "potent" mix!

tiN
2nd June 2009, 21:06
hi, sa JUne 21st n lang ang registration fee bago pumasok s loob ng Kelvin hall,,bale half day event lang ito from 1Pm to 6 PM

cge,,paki spread na lng ito sa mga friends nyo,,let us pray n maging succesffull ito.

we are looking for sponsors as well na gustong mag promote ng business nila to our mga kababayans,,:xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks and see you there, folks!!

:Erm:translation please not all of us have our mahal here allready :bigcry:

Hi, U can pay the registration fee on the 21st of June before u enter the Kelvin Hall, this is a half day event which will start at 1pm till 6 pm.

yes, please spread the word to your friends, and let us pray that the occasion will be successful!

We are looking for sponsors as well to help them promote their business to our fellow Filipino's :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks and see you there:)

I hope i translate it clearly :Erm::D:D:D

Tawi2
2nd June 2009, 21:25
Madonna is going to be there :yikes: with guy ritchie?:Erm:

james999
2nd June 2009, 21:38
thank you tiN for the translation i will definitely be there

Arthur Little
3rd June 2009, 01:22
Madonna is going to be there :yikes: with guy ritchie?:Erm:

:NoNo:... HE [Guy Ritchie] wasn't "Randy" enough for HER ... he's a Scot, remember?

pennybarry
3rd June 2009, 08:15
Ate if u manage to go, we can meet up also :D:D:D As hubby and I will definitely go..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Hope so Tin. It will be sunday event so my job will not be affected:D. Hubby is always on the go but sometimes in gaming mood. Need to make bola and karinyo to him:icon_lol:

tiN
3rd June 2009, 09:44
Hope so Tin. It will be sunday event so my job will not be affected:D. Hubby is always on the go but sometimes in gaming mood. Need to make bola and karinyo to him:icon_lol:

All the best Ate :D:D:D:D

Hope 2 c u there :Hellooo:

Mrs.JMajor
3rd June 2009, 10:01
I feel like going..........but its too farrrrrrrrrr:NoNo::doh..

so I can see tiN in :icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:person

filglas
3rd June 2009, 10:41
Hi, Thanks Tin for the help in translation:xxgrinning--00xx3: a bit busy yesterday so did not have the chance to come back and check for replies,..

Guys,, it's Madonna Decena and not MADONNA, sorry to disappoint you:Cuckoo:

Programme will be participated by our own Filipino in Glasgow Dancers, Filipinos from Ayrshire, kids and teenagers who will join the dance contest and there will be games and suprises.

There will be some stalls for cold food and face paintings for kids:BouncyHappy:, the only thing is dont expect to have hot food because Kelvin Hall does not allow it for health and safety reasons.

Guys, if you would like to sell cultural items this is your chance. You can let me know and I can give you the contact details for the stall.

By the way,, Guys,, where about in Scotland are you based so we can mention it on the day to welcome you:Hellooo:

tiN
3rd June 2009, 17:47
I feel like going..........but its too farrrrrrrrrr:NoNo::doh..

so I can see tiN in :icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:person

No one is stopping u Ate Juliette :D:D:D:D

Muah x

johnnyboy
8th June 2009, 18:55
mga kababayan kung meron kayong TFC ko..you can view the flagging of Mr. Randy Santiago, just go to promos,events, then clickthe independence day.

sa june 21 na mga kababayan ang barrio fiesta natin dito sa glasgow brought to you by the ABS -CBN and THE FILFLAS COMMUNITY...

c u there....

Tawi2
8th June 2009, 19:32
Madonna Decena?I am sure someone told me she was having problems with her visa after parting ways with Steve Jones Entertainment :Erm:

filglas
9th June 2009, 09:05
Tawi2, chika2x...perhaps it's been sorted,,and she will give us all entertainment on 21st June so,,that's good isn't?:BouncyHappy:

sol_boy
9th June 2009, 16:13
Kita mo rin ako in person doon hehehe...joke! Guyz this is our 1st barrio fiesta here in scotland kaya let's give our support and have FUN meeting our fellow kakababayannnnssss!!!

Tawi2
9th June 2009, 22:50
Its only a 415 mile one way drive Sol,well worth the trip just to meet you :xxgrinning--00xx3::D Hope the event is a success :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sol_boy
10th June 2009, 13:35
Ok...eyeball tayo hahaha!Nk-green ako ng t-shrt that day at blue na shoes...joke joke joke! Parang totoo eh! Anyway, ako ang official photograper sa ating Barrio Feista...tapakin mo lang ako pag nakita mo ako hehehe!

filglas
10th June 2009, 14:04
did you say, tapakan ka sol or tapikin???:icon_lol:

sol_boy
11th June 2009, 11:02
tapik lang po, huwag batok ha grrr!:BouncyHappy:

fhara
11th June 2009, 13:24
hi thanks for the news im interested to go also....hmmm may mga filipino foods din bang binibinta?hehe miss ko kasi fil foods...

Jay&Zobel
11th June 2009, 13:42
:NoNo:... HE [Guy Ritchie] wasn't "Randy" enough for HER ... he's a Scot, remember?

Whehehehe... humourhumour...:D:D:icon_lol:

Arthur Little
16th June 2009, 23:11
By the way,, Guys,, where about in Scotland are you based so we can mention it on the day to welcome you:Hellooo:

Glasgow is my birthplace and, consequently, I'm familiar with [the location of] the Kelvin Hall. I shall definitely be coming along on Sunday, together with my Filipina wife, Myrna (whom I married last December 8 in Tagum City) and greatly look forward to Scotland's first Barrio Festival. :BouncyHappy:

BTW, we are now living in the 'Fair City' of Perth ... which has been MY home since 1967.

james999
21st June 2009, 13:25
turned up at the kelvin hall today 21st June and its an antiques fair what happened ??

Tawi2
21st June 2009, 13:29
Madonna and Randy werent there?Or Sol?What a damp squib :NoNo: Boycott it next year if they ever get their act together enough to host the event,visit one of the english fiestas instead :xxgrinning--00xx3:

james999
21st June 2009, 13:37
i live only 30 minutes away from the kelvin hall and im still anoyed as i was looking forward to it but i hope others from further away didnt have a big disapointment when they turned up in glasgow id be :furious3::censored:

tiN
21st June 2009, 18:54
i live only 30 minutes away from the kelvin hall and im still anoyed as i was looking forward to it but i hope others from further away didnt have a big disapointment when they turned up in glasgow id be :furious3::censored:

Really :omg::omg::omg::omg:

We are supposed to be going, glad we havent :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

Tawi2
21st June 2009, 19:15
Why bother promoting the event if they didnt have the good grace to inform people it was cancelled :Erm:and it must have been cancelled in advance to allow the antique fair to book :Erm:Its a rum do :icon_lol: Imagine the folks who travelled for hours turning up to look at a victorian stuffed otter and some old ornaments :cwm23:

somebody
21st June 2009, 19:39
Why bother promoting the event if they didnt have the good grace to inform people it was cancelled :Erm:and it must have been cancelled in advance to allow the antique fair to book :Erm:Its a rum do :icon_lol: Imagine the folks who travelled for hours turning up to look at a victorian stuffed otter and some old ornaments :cwm23:

The murky world of the UK Pinoy Fiesta.

Thats why Hounslow now has two i belive.

Tawi2
21st June 2009, 19:44
Yup,the pinoy fiesta farce :icon_lol: Next year there will be a similar scottish debacle with splinter groups springing up and holding fiestas in back gardens,and sol taking pictures at each in his blue shoes :icon_lol:

filglas
25th June 2009, 21:00
Guys, just to let everyone know..it was on and it was there in Kelvin Hall,,and just to let you know it was A BIG SUCCESS!!:xxgrinning--00xx3: Yes, there was an antique show in one of the halls..Kelvin Hall is consist of different halls,, the Barrio Fiesta was in the biggest hall which area 4 and 5. You should have walked further and no way you will missed it. Over a thousand people turned up..Including Madonna Decena and Randy Santiago. Randy was at the finale,,he did an hour concert and dancing with our kababayans.

That was a shame that most of you missed it..:dohbut we never going to promote it and surely cancel it, if there was any problem...

there were stalls for food and filipino goods also..even promotions for tagalog channels..
anyway,for those of you who missed it,,there will always be a next year,,and I am sure if it was a big success,,next year will be better..

Mabuhay,,Glasgow!! Mabuhay,,FILGLAS!!!!:BouncyHappy::icon_win::REDancedancer08:

filglas
25th June 2009, 21:21
turned up at the kelvin hall today 21st June and its an antiques fair what happened ??

hi, james,,if you were that interested,,why did you not even ask the reception,,:Erm:at the start around 12noon,,filipinos were all over the venue then when the program started we were all busy inside..