PDA

View Full Version : Xoom is so fast...

Ann07
31st May 2009, 09:03
I sent money last week for family emergency since i cant go out because of my big bump:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: to go to my bank to send money. I tried xoom online using my paypal. I was amazed they got the money instantly:omg::omg: Good for emergency:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
31st May 2009, 09:11
as i posted b4, some people have had problems with buying and selling using pay pal..

i only use it for very small amounts of money, i only use CC for large amounts of money..

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

KeithD
31st May 2009, 09:16
I turnover £10,000's on Paypal each year and only ever had one major problem, and that was resolved OK.

joebloggs
31st May 2009, 09:22
maybe i'm worng then :yikes:

thru ebay thou ?

would you use pay pal to buy an airline ticket or use it to transfer money to the phils :Erm:

i'm sure you don't get the same protection you do with buying with a CC?

KeithD
31st May 2009, 09:57
Paypal offer pretty good protection now, one of the reasons is they want to avoid the chargeback costs from the CC companies after they have refused a refund, but the CC don't.

Ann07
31st May 2009, 13:13
as i posted b4, some people have had problems with buying and selling using pay pal..

i only use it for very small amounts of money, i only use CC for large amounts of money..

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

same here joe never use it for big amounts we use our CC if its too much we pay:) esp james' stuff cost us a fortune wahhhhhhh

Ann07
31st May 2009, 13:14
Paypal offer pretty good protection now, one of the reasons is they want to avoid the chargeback costs from the CC companies after they have refused a refund, but the CC don't.

Thanks for the info boss:D

But so far we've been using paypal for many years never had a problem with it.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pepe n Pilar
31st May 2009, 13:18
I sent money last week for family emergency since i cant go out because of my big bump:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: to go to my bank to send money. I tried xoom online using my paypal. I was amazed they got the money instantly:omg::omg: Good for emergency:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I've been using xoom eversince. It's credited to the recipient's acct instantly.:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
31st May 2009, 14:12
Beep Beep Road Runner is pretty quick as well :rolleyes:

http://janeheller.mlblogs.com/road-runner.jpg

Ann07
31st May 2009, 14:17
Beep Beep Road Runner is pretty quick as well :rolleyes:

http://janeheller.mlblogs.com/road-runner.jpg

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

MarBell379
31st May 2009, 18:44
Xoom IS quick. Its NOT cheap though.
Their transfer rates are better than Western Union (which is also almost immediate), but their exchange rates mean you lose out more every time.

aromulus
31st May 2009, 18:51
Xoom IS quick. Its NOT cheap though.
Their transfer rates are better than Western Union (which is also almost immediate), but their exchange rates mean you lose out more every time.

The difference, the way I see it is very simple....:Erm:

It is to have a job done, or having the job done properly and efficiently......:rolleyes:

I have been using Xoom in tandem with paypal for a number of years, as I reported on a few posts already, and apart from one incident, which was out of xoom control, I never experienced any problems.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

You pay for what you get.
I don't mind a quid or two extra if I have the asssurance that the transfer is quick and reliable and trackable to the end.
But there is no need for tracking anything, as xoom will send you emails at every stage of the transaction.:D
And with paypal I am authomatically insured for up to £500, I believe.

MarBell379
31st May 2009, 19:03
Ive never had a problem with Western Union and Credit Cards.
Not sure about Paypal, but I object in principle to the sneakiness of having low transfer rates (the but everyone looks at) and awful excahnge rates (which most people don't). Its the lowest form of unethical sales.

KeithD
31st May 2009, 20:12
Ive never had a problem with Western Union and Credit Cards.
Not sure about Paypal, but I object in principle to the sneakiness of having low transfer rates (the but everyone looks at) and awful excahnge rates (which most people don't). Its the lowest form of unethical sales.
Just go long on the Pound :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I predicted it would hit 1.6 a week ago and zap :BouncyHappy:

future=dreams
31st May 2009, 22:19
Xoom transfer rates at the bottom end are 22% having someone in the Philippines with a prepaid mastercard would cost £1.50 + 3% for the foreign currency to draw the cash from an atm also instant and no paper trail

MarBell379
1st June 2009, 00:23
I LIKE the paper trail - LOL
Gives me more to remind me of my girl even when we're not together