PDA

View Full Version : birth certificate original or photo copy

james999
27th May 2009, 19:26
i have read a few posts and i am getting conflicting information regarding whether a photo copy or the original birth certificate should be included in a fiancee visa application could someone please advise me on the right thing to submit thanks in advance

adam&chryss
27th May 2009, 19:29
i have read a few posts and i am getting conflicting information regarding whether a photo copy or the original birth certificate should be included in a fiancee visa application could someone please advise me on the right thing to submit thanks in advance

Original birth certificate of the applicant (from NSO) should be submitted and at the same time a photocopy.
Regarding the sponsor.. well, I submitted my husband's original BC too. But some did only photocopy.
Wait for other members to answer though :)

:Hellooo:

darren-b
27th May 2009, 19:45
We submitted my original birth certificate though I was in Manila with my wife at the time.

You may be ok with just a photocopy, though to be safe you could get the copy certified by a solicitor, or even apply for another original copy from your local register office (I think mine charges £7).

Ann07
27th May 2009, 19:50
Photocopy only for my Fiancee ( now my husband) not even certified by a solicitor.

Goodluck:)

james999
27th May 2009, 20:00
thanks for the addvice i may just invest in getting another certificate done as i dont think i'd like to loose the original

JudyHon
27th May 2009, 20:18

We submitted my original birth certificate from NSO and photocopy as well. I did not include my Fiancee (my husband now) birth certificate.

Goodluck on your application :)

Mrs.JMajor
27th May 2009, 20:19
Original....Its alright to send original, hubby sent his original b.c. to me, good luck

james999
27th May 2009, 21:34
thanks for the advice and the well wishes

MarBell379
29th May 2009, 09:32
I sent the original of mine to my fiancee. Still gathering forms but hope to get Fiancee Visa application submitted soon.

John Chingford
29th May 2009, 10:26
Hi. are you applying for fiancee visa to British Embassy to come to Britain? B Embassy are very clear on their website that your documents MUST be originals.

I can identify with your concern of giving away your original birth certificate. You are quite right to be concerned. What country are you in at the moment? My wife and I are experienced in her application for fiancee visa and spouse visa outside and inside Britain.

John Chingford
29th May 2009, 10:30
The advice given about giving a certified copy of birth certificate is true as I was also advised this by professional body. It all depends on what is easier and less expensive for you. You could get another original if you want, but it may be easier to actually visit British Embassy. However you WILL have to leave with them ALL original documents - not just Birth certificate but originals of ALL the documents they ask for.

John Chingford
29th May 2009, 10:35
If you are applying for Fiancee visa outside Britain it takes up to 3 months to process so they will not give your documents back immediately. In our case (miraculously?) according to our prayers the fiancee visa was ready for collection just 4 days after she visited the BE. Best to hand in original documents (rather than mail) and collect later rather than them send through the post

John Chingford
29th May 2009, 10:37
When it came to spouse visa we presented all original documents by visitation choosing "premier" service. After being granted the visa all documents were given back to us immediately