PDA

View Full Version : Just to double check - a few quieries

stuart1960
25th May 2009, 10:56
Hi All. Firstly I would like to thank everyone that helped me on my previous thread "Medical"

My wife is in the Philippines and has her spouse visa and cfo and is coming here in June. And from what i understand, she may need an x-ray taken at Heathrow. So now hopefully there shouldnt be any more probs, but I have few Questions.

1. Does anyone know, roughly what sort of delay I can expect from the time the flight arrives, to the time she comes through into the arrivals hall?

2. Once we are home, do we have to inform or report to anyone, about her arrival?

3. what are her limitations, legally, when she is here?

4. Is there anything else we have to do or complete, or is the next stage the ILR, 24 months down the road?

5. We married in the Philippines, does this have to be reported or notified anywhere?

6. is she and her 2 kids entitled to register with our local GP?

7. She has family in Finland. Does anyone know the implications, visa wise, with us going there as a visit? e.g. does her spouse visa allow further travel?

sorry for the information overload but i just have this fear of someone from immigration knocking at my door in a few weeks time, threatening to deport my wife, cos I forgot to do something.

Many Thanks in advance.

aromulus
25th May 2009, 11:10
My wife is in the Philippines and has her spouse visa and cfo and is coming here in June. And from what i understand, she may need an x-ray taken at Heathrow. So now hopefully there shouldnt be any more probs, but I have few Questions.

If she gets an Xray done before departure and brings it along in the hand luggage, there won't be any need to waste time on arrival.

1. Does anyone know, roughly what sort of delay I can expect from the time the flight arrives, to the time she comes through into the arrivals hall?

From 20 minutes to about an hour and a half, depending on how busy immigration is at the time.

2. Once we are home, do we have to inform or report to anyone, about her arrival?

Nope, really. But it would be wise if she is included in the council register as domiciled there with you

3. what are her limitations, legally, when she is here?

Same as anybody else.

4. Is there anything else we have to do or complete, or is the next stage the ILR, 24 months down the road?

Pass this one over to the experts......:rolleyes:

5. We married in the Philippines, does this have to be reported or notified anywhere?

Ditto.....:D

Yes, undoubtly.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

7. She has family in Finland. Does anyone know the implications, visa wise, with us going there as a visit? e.g. does her spouse visa allow further travel?

Unfortunately she would have to obtain a Schengen Finnish Visa.

sorry for the information overload but i just have this fear of someone from immigration knocking at my door in a few weeks time, threatening to deport my wife, cos I forgot to do something.

The only reason it may happen is if you lied on the Visa application and got found out.

Otherwise, you are ok.

Now get busy and sanitize the house, as new wives have the uncanny habit of finding compromising items where you thought there were none....:icon_lol:

Mrs.JMajor
25th May 2009, 11:16
1. Does anyone know, roughly what sort of delay I can expect from the time the flight arrives, to the time she comes through into the arrivals hall? --No, no delay, base in my experience, I arrive early than the time expected

2. Once we are home, do we have to inform or report to anyone, about her arrival?--- If youre saying UKBA or immigration, no!! just report to her family, they arrived safely :D

3. what are her limitations, legally, when she is here? If that with regards to work, she can work instantly but I guess still not allowed from some public funds

4. Is there anything else we have to do or complete, or is the next stage the ILR, 24 months down the road? Yup, after 2 years, long way to go

5. We married in the Philippines, does this have to be reported or notified anywhere? No need, as far as UK law, marrying in the Philippines are acceptable here in the UK, unlike if we get maaried here in the UK, we need to notify our Philippine embassy

6. is she and her 2 kids entitled to register with our local GP? I guess, yes:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes her visa allow to travel anywhere else, but you have to apply schengen visa for them if Finland is one of EURO countries,

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
25th May 2009, 11:17
opppps sorry Mod, lol , didnt realize youre replying too...:D

IainBusby
25th May 2009, 11:18

That's it for about 22 or 23 months, when it's time to start filling in forms, gathering evidence and handing over large amounts of money to the UKBA.
Iain.

joebloggs
25th May 2009, 11:48
That's it for about 22 or 23 months, when it's time to start filling in forms, gathering evidence and handing over large amounts of money to the UKBA.
Iain.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresidency/settlement/applicationtypes/applicationformset(m)/

read the guidance notes here .. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/settlement/guidesetm042009

gives you an idea of what you need to apply for ILR in just under 2 yrs, (6 bits of evidence with both your names on, life in uk test)

but there is a bill going thru parliament the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Bill ., and changes in the bill could effect your wife, so keep an eye on the UKBA website or on this forum about any changes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
25th May 2009, 19:58
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresidency/settlement/applicationtypes/applicationformset(m)/

read the guidance notes here .. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/settlement/guidesetm042009

gives you an idea of what you need to apply for ILR in just under 2 yrs, (6 bits of evidence with both your names on, life in uk test)

but there is a bill going thru parliament the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Bill ., and changes in the bill could effect your wife, so keep an eye on the UKBA website or on this forum about any changes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Spot on as always sir with the advice.

But just bear in mind stuart that previously the amount of documents was higher so i would advice just in case make sure you have more than enough evidence just in case.

With regards waiting at Heathrow thats hard to say depends on so many factors such as amount of non eu passport holders entring, the flights in etc, and of course staffing.

I went though with my Wife. What airline is she coming with? no chance if she saying coming back klm of getting the same flight back as her from schipol?

Also very important to get her proof of address, ie get her name on the water bill, gas bill, elec bill although bt will only allow in one name.

This proof of address will be needed for obtaining national insurance number, bank account and possibly other reasons.

Best to be cautious you can by reseraching on here and asking questions save your self a lot of time and hassle later on.

May all three of them have a pleaseant journey.

Oh been to the Finnish Embassy on several occasions on business not to get a visa though. I have to say the people there were very very friendly and pleasure to deal with:xxgrinning--00xx3:

xebec
25th May 2009, 23:31
Daisy couldnt register with GP on fiance visa; no problem once she had FLR. When we arrived at Heathrow I guess it took about 45 minutes to get through immigration: so it will depend on time of day, number of staff, etc.

Alec&Davina
26th May 2009, 09:31
Hi All. Firstly I would like to thank everyone that helped me on my previous thread "Medical"

1. Does anyone know, roughly what sort of delay I can expect from the time the flight arrives, to the time she comes through into the arrivals hall? when my wife arrived here, she didn't have any time delays just make sure she have an X-ray certificate to be sure.

2. Once we are home, do we have to inform or report to anyone, about her arrival? u need to inform your Council Registry and the GP of course!

3. what are her limitations, legally, when she is here? Since she's on a spouse visa, she is not yet entitled to most of the benefits provided by our country.

She need to take Life in the UK Test before her visa expires because she will need the certificate together with other documents for her ILR application.

5. We married in the Philippines, does this have to be reported or notified anywhere?[/QUOTE]
u dont need to, it's already valid here in the UK

she and her kids should be registered to ur GP when they arrive here just bring their passports with visa stamped and ur marriage certificate.

U need to apply her for another visa, Schengen Visa for European Countries.

Many Thanks in advance.

It's ok mate I am sure all of us in here experienced what you are experiencing right now. Goodluck.

Ann07
26th May 2009, 09:36
Daisy couldnt register with GP on fiance visa; no problem once she had FLR. When we arrived at Heathrow I guess it took about 45 minutes to get through immigration: so it will depend on time of day, number of staff, etc.

I came here on a fiance visa in 2006 my fiancee now husband was able to register me with his gp when i was still holding a fiancee visa. I Dont know if that has changed.:Brick:

IainBusby
26th May 2009, 18:54
Since she's on a spouse visa, she is not yet entitled to most of the benefits provided by our country.

she and her kids should be registered to ur GP when they arrive here just bring their passports with visa stamped and ur marriage certificate.

She will be entitled to claim Child Benefit for her children regardless of her or their immigration status.

Iain.

Alec&Davina
26th May 2009, 18:59
She will be entitled to claim Child Benefit for her children regardless of her or their immigration status.

Iain.

I stand corrected mate.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

darren-b
26th May 2009, 19:07
I came here on a fiance visa in 2006 my fiancee now husband was able to register me with his gp when i was still holding a fiancee visa. I Dont know if that has changed.:Brick:

The law is still the same as far as I am aware. From the Department of Health website:

"Under the current Regulations, anyone who is taking up or resuming permanent residence in the UK is entitled to free National Health Service (NHS) hospital treatment in England. If your intention is to live permanently in the UK you will be exempt from hospital charges from the date of your arrival in the country but you should expect to be asked to prove your intention and that you are legally entitled to live here. "

If you having problems registering you should complain to the local PCT.