PDA

View Full Version : Bit confused over the marriage certificate

DaveUK
24th May 2009, 20:01
I've searched the forums (and read the visa app requirements) and every search has me accepting that the NSO certified copy of the marriage certificate is required for a marriage visa application.

However, just to feel like I'd taken every avenue I could, I did e-mail the UK VAC and asked them if you could get away with submitting an app for a spouse visa using the marriage certificate issued by the local registrar. I got the following response :-

"The British Embassy requires an NSO certified marriage certificate. However, we will be still be able to accept your application regardless of whether you have complied with all the requirements."

I find this a bit bizarre that from what they say, we could basically apply for a spouse visa without actually having the marriage certificate which would obviously not happen in reality! But as it wasn't an outright no, I'm a bit confused!:Erm:

Anyone got any ideas why they'd say that?!

aromulus
24th May 2009, 20:08
I
"The British Embassy requires an NSO certified marriage certificate. However, we will be still be able to accept your application regardless of whether you have complied with all the requirements."

It may well mean that the NSO certified copy can be sent at a later date for verification.

I think that by doing this, you would actually delay the process even longer. The document could be lost in the post, or gone to the wrong department, or not collated properly with the original batch.

So ideally you should wait until everything is ready and dandy, and then apply.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

DaveUK
24th May 2009, 20:13
Aye, you're probably right. Just don't like having to accept the fact my lady will have to fly from Cebu to Manila without me at a later date to submit the app! Was hoping we could do it together on the way back from our honeymoon in Hong Kong! Guess not though! :NoNo:

Thanks for the advice though fella! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
24th May 2009, 20:29
I've searched the forums (and read the visa app requirements) and every search has me accepting that the NSO certified copy of the marriage certificate is required for a marriage visa application.

However, just to feel like I'd taken every avenue I could, I did e-mail the UK VAC and asked them if you could get away with submitting an app for a spouse visa using the marriage certificate issued by the local registrar. I got the following response :-

I find this a bit bizarre that from what they say, we could basically apply for a spouse visa without actually having the marriage certificate which would obviously not happen in reality! But as it wasn't an outright no, I'm a bit confused!:Erm:

You've every reason to feel confused, Dave. Technically, at least, I suppose it's possible to do things this way. But, as Dom points out, it would merely be a "stop gap" ... the upshot being that it would only serve to hinder the visa processing time. And you don't want any further unnecessary delay. :NoNo:

aromulus
24th May 2009, 20:32
Aye, you're probably right. Just don't like having to accept the fact my lady will have to fly from Cebu to Manila without me at a later date to submit the app! Was hoping we could do it together on the way back from our honeymoon in Hong Kong! Guess not though! :NoNo:

Thanks for the advice though fella! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I was also very concerned about my wife traveling alone, that is why I picked the easiest route for her with Qatar Aiways via Doha.

Singapore or Hong Kong lost out because they can be quite daunting to negotiate for someone that never travelled outside her own island in her life, apart from a short trip to VFS in Manila..

DaveUK
24th May 2009, 20:40
I was also very concerned about my wife traveling alone, that is why I picked the easiest route for her with Qatar Aiways via Doha.

Singapore or Hong Kong lost out because they can be quite daunting to negotiate for someone that never travelled outside her own island in her life, apart from a short trip to VFS in Manila..

I'm probably going to fly Yam here via Hong Kong, mainly because I've never flown to any other airport to get to the Far East so it's the only one I know.

I know what you mean though about HK airport being daunting. I can still never find the same shops each time I'm there and always end up aimlessly walking around for a few minutes finding what I want! :)

At least by the time Yam flies to come here, she'll have seen HK airport once, so between us we should be able to get her here in one piece! And I'll be meeting her at whatever airport she lands in in the UK for her final leg to the Isle of Man! :)