PDA

View Full Version : help ! marriage in Scotland

james999
24th May 2009, 11:05
can someone please put my mind at rest over this as myself and my mahal are applying for a fiancee visa and after reading this has now stopped me in my tracks again , does it mean my mahal will have to get a letter proving she has never been married before a registrar will issue a licence ? thanks in advance , the part below is from the Glasgow city website on marriage in Glasgow

If you are domiciled outside the United Kingdom

The normal procedure of giving notice to the registrar in Scotland must be followed but as previously mentioned an additional requirement is placed upon you.

If, being domiciled in a country outside the UK, you are subject to the marriage laws of that country, you should obtain if practicable a certificate issued by the competent authority (usually the civil authority) in that country to the effect that there is no impediment to your proposed marriage. If the certificate is in a language other than English, you should also produce a certified translation. In the absence of such a certificate without good reason being shown, it may not be possible for you to marry in Scotland.

aromulus
24th May 2009, 11:47
can someone please put my mind at rest over this as myself and my mahal are applying for a fiancee visa and after reading this has now stopped me in my tracks again , does it mean my mahal will have to get a letter proving she has never been married before a registrar will issue a licence ? thanks in advance , the part below is from the Glasgow city website on marriage in Glasgow

If you are domiciled outside the United Kingdom

The normal procedure of giving notice to the registrar in Scotland must be followed but as previously mentioned an additional requirement is placed upon you.

If, being domiciled in a country outside the UK, you are subject to the marriage laws of that country, you should obtain if practicable a certificate issued by the competent authority (usually the civil authority) in that country to the effect that there is no impediment to your proposed marriage. If the certificate is in a language other than English, you should also produce a certified translation. In the absence of such a certificate without good reason being shown, it may not be possible for you to marry in Scotland.

Piece of cake.

They are asking for a CENOMAR, or certificate of no marriage.

Easy to get.

The ladies will soon be around and say where to get it from.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I am not too sure at the mo.:Erm:

But I bet it will be obtained from NSO, in exchange for a few Peso.....:D

james999
24th May 2009, 12:00
thanks very much Mod, i await the rush

aromulus
24th May 2009, 12:02
thanks very much Mod, i await the rush

Don't you women barge in all at once, please.....:D

Sophie
24th May 2009, 12:15
You can go directly to the nearest NSO branch in your area and request for a cenomar copy and pay there or you can request online via NSO website and deposit the payment fee to any of their accredited banks and the cenomar copy will be mailed to your address in a week or so. I don't remember the exact fee anymore but it's approximately around 300 and below. You can also do thesame with your birth certificate as you will also need to submit an NSO authenicated birth certificate copy for the visa.

james999
24th May 2009, 12:19
thanks again i am hoping that this will be the last surprise that pops up needing a form to be applied for or filled in but then again officialdom knows no bounds :ARsurrender:

PAT
24th May 2009, 14:09
CENOMAR is only around 120 to 150 pesos only.It took me half day in NSO to get mine and BC.

Sim11UK
24th May 2009, 19:09
Yep! CENOMAR...Certificate of no marriage :)