PDA

View Full Version : Hotels in Manila?????

Fitzy
19th May 2009, 20:51
Howdy peeps:D

As my flight from HK arrives in Manila at 21:30, I will need a place to stay the night before my onward trip to Cagayan to meet my Roni:)
To cut through all the crap by searching, can anybody recommend a nice airport hotel in which I can stay the night?
Does not have to be the Ritz lol.

Many thanks.

Philip....

Tawi2
19th May 2009, 20:56
Airport hotel,as soon as you come out of the arrivals at NAIA1 its three minutes walk across the carpark :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.hotelmanilaairport.com/

Tawi2
19th May 2009, 20:57
Plus theres the added bonus that next morning you can just retrace your steps back to NAIA arrivals and jump on the free shuttle bus to NAIA3 to catch your flight to Mindanao :xxgrinning--00xx3:

darren-b
19th May 2009, 21:02
Plus theres the added bonus that next morning you can just retrace your steps back to NAIA arrivals and jump on the free shuttle bus to NAIA3 to catch your flight to Mindanao :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Make sure you allow extra time if you are going to do that as it doesn't seem to be that frequent.

Tawi2
19th May 2009, 21:11
I did it last month mate,I know what you mean about infrequency of service,but if there isnt a bus due its actually cheaper for him to get a Taxi from outside the airport hotel than to get one of the "Official" ones outside the airport itself :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
19th May 2009, 21:16
If your feeling flush Fitzy I stayed at the Century Park hotel in Manila in march,very nice,and their buffet dinners were mouth watering :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Fitzy
19th May 2009, 21:50
Many thanx boys.
Priceless forum:D

I saw this Hotel on the net b4 and I will follow ur leads, and make sure I leave enough time to get the shuttle/taxi

Thanx again.

Philip..

trader dave
20th May 2009, 15:47
HI FITZY i do the cagayan trip as well i fly out again this friday like you to hong kong then on to manila i normaly get the gf to fly up to manila then have a day or 2 getting over the flight and plenty of :action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::icon_lol::cwm24: plus it stops me wandering into any bars:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol: i have normaly stayed at makati prime tower suits but this time i am trying www.kabayanhotel.com ---- looks ok and apparently they come to pick you up from airport :xxgrinning--00xx3: ???? i will wait and see

i dont know where your girl is from - butwain ??? but if you have to stay a night near lumbia cagayan airport a friend of mine runs kingstone lodge thats up by sm near the airport http://www.kingstonlodge-cagayandeoro.com/

Fitzy
26th May 2009, 18:39
HI FITZY i do the cagayan trip as well i fly out again this friday like you to hong kong then on to manila i normaly get the gf to fly up to manila then have a day or 2 getting over the flight and plenty of :action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::icon_lol::cwm24: plus it stops me wandering into any bars:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol: i have normaly stayed at makati prime tower suits but this time i am trying www.kabayanhotel.com ---- looks ok and apparently they come to pick you up from airport :xxgrinning--00xx3: ???? i will wait and see

i dont know where your girl is from - butwain ??? but if you have to stay a night near lumbia cagayan airport a friend of mine runs kingstone lodge thats up by sm near the airport http://www.kingstonlodge-cagayandeoro.com/

Thanx dave

trader dave
31st May 2009, 05:13
well having just stayed at the www.kabayanhotel.com i will go back to makati prime tower suites next time :xxgrinning--00xx3: the kabayanhotel rooms are nice they have a nice filipino food restaurent as well but my god :doh outside the hotel its like hell the area outside is a bloody nightmare the entrance to the trains lrt is just outside there is nothing outside only crap and pollution our room had a marvelous view of a brickwall:Erm: and some lady was praticing her singing at 3 am in the building next door :furious3: and our room was next to a service room complete with mini lift which went up and down more times than a pair of whores draws :doh:NoNo:

now in makati the surrounding area is great for eating and walking about and you have some great views of manila from your room and the rooms are cheaper if a little tired:xxgrinning--00xx3:

we also visit the enchanted kingdom and the aquarium :rolleyes: all i will say is dont expect to much

Fitzy
31st May 2009, 07:31
well having just stayed at the www.kabayanhotel.com i will go back to makati prime tower suites next time :xxgrinning--00xx3: the kabayanhotel rooms are nice they have a nice filipino food restaurent as well but my god :doh outside the hotel its like hell the area outside is a bloody nightmare the entrance to the trains lrt is just outside there is nothing outside only crap and pollution our room had a marvelous view of a brickwall:Erm: and some lady was praticing her singing at 3 am in the building next door :furious3: and our room was next to a service room complete with mini lift which went up and down more times than a pair of whores draws :doh:NoNo:

now in makati the surrounding area is great for eating and walking about and you have some great views of manila from your room and the rooms are cheaper if a little tired:xxgrinning--00xx3:

we also visit the enchanted kingdom and the aquarium :rolleyes: all i will say is dont expect to much

Well Dave.

Am just trying to find somewhere to bunk for the night, but no reply from the Airport Hotel lol
At worst, I suppose i can get somewhere to stay on arrival in manila?

IainBusby
31st May 2009, 10:46
I like Best Western Hotel La Corona, 1166 Mh Del Pilar Cor., Arquiza Street Ermita, (632) 910-4203/4/5. manila@hotelacorona.com
It's only about 7Km from the airport and within easy walking distance of Baywalk where you can have something to eat and a few drinks while watching some excellent live bands perform with the beautiful views of the bay in the background.

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=99003
http://www.philippines-travel-guide.com/manila-baywalk.html

Iain.

Fitzy
31st May 2009, 11:39
I like Best Western Hotel La Corona, 1166 Mh Del Pilar Cor., Arquiza Street Ermita, (632) 910-4203/4/5. manila@hotelacorona.com
It's only about 7Km from the airport and within easy walking distance of Baywalk where you can have something to eat and a few drinks while watching some excellent live bands perform with the beautiful views of the bay in the background.

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=99003
http://www.philippines-travel-guide.com/manila-baywalk.html

Iain.

Hmm sounds nice, but booked up already my friend, and thanks. Am arriving late at night, and flying down to CDO lunchtime the next day, so will be nicely rested

telford
31st May 2009, 15:22

I think you mean BUTUAN, I'm from there u see:)

Fitzy
31st May 2009, 17:29
I think you mean BUTUAN, I'm from there u see:)

Hi mate.

Would that be Tony?:D
Yes, we are staying at his place, it looks nice.
What kinda guy is he?
We booked a week, but I will have to shave a day off at the end, due to an little error.
Hope he won't mind that, lol
Well, last April, we did stayed in Manila for 4 days, but this time, I will crash the night in a nice Hotel I booked from Agoda, and fly down the following afternoon.
My girl is from Gagayan.
Am looking forward to meeting Tony, and his crew:)
Will be arriving there Aug 13th.
Will you be there then, and are you from the UK?

All the best.

Sorry, I meant to quote Dave!!

Philip, and Roni

rutlandlad
31st May 2009, 19:40
I recently stayed at St. Illians Inn Makati, everything was fine and yes I would stay there again

trader dave
1st June 2009, 15:06
i tried to book the manila hotel for one night cause we messed up :doh we went to the british embassy on bank holiday monday:doh IT WAS CLOSED a point to remember everyone :NoNo: so we had to rearrange our flight to cdo and get an extra night in manila my girl phoned the manila hotel and they said they wanted 7000 php for 1 night :yikes::yikes: :NoNo: i told them where to go:Hellooo:

as for kingstone yes it is run by tony and keith have known them for years both great guys its a new place been open since about august 07 ,very clean and tidy ,very quiet the guys know the area very very well and can sort out most things if you have a problem :xxgrinning--00xx3:

many other ex pats go up there for a drink and a chat and the sunday english dinner always used to be very good ,i have not been up there since i arrived here this time as to busy sorting wedding things :NoNo::rolleyes::icon_lol:

trader dave
1st June 2009, 15:16
just another point to remember if you are just going to arrive and get a room you get a better price if you book online before you arrive and another scam we fell into a couple of years ago was this ------ we grabbbed a taxi and we said we needed a hotel room so the driver takes you to there taxi office where they DO find you a hotel room but because you have booked through them it is a few 100php more expensive than the normal hotel price :doh ok its only a few 100php but thats not the point :NoNo:

Fitzy
1st June 2009, 19:55
just another point to remember if you are just going to arrive and get a room you get a better price if you book online before you arrive and another scam we fell into a couple of years ago was this ------ we grabbbed a taxi and we said we needed a hotel room so the driver takes you to there taxi office where they DO find you a hotel room but because you have booked through them it is a few 100php more expensive than the normal hotel price :doh ok its only a few 100php but thats not the point :NoNo:

No problem Dave, coz I booked 6 nights through Worldpay, and paid the 10% deposit.
I also modified my booking on line to shave off a day, coz we are staying in Camiguin that extra day.
Is all good stuff mate.
Thanks for your help:D
Good luck with whatever you're doing my friend.