PDA

View Full Version : Place of issue?

eljean
14th October 2006, 18:07
hmmm in VISA FORM it is being ask the place of issue of your sponsor passport...i check on his full copy but it doesnt say where like for example in philippine passport it is being write the place of issue DFA Davao City...or should i just put it United Kingdom? because in UK passport not stated there:Only Authority that says UKPA?:Erm:

scotsfiancee
14th October 2006, 18:14
Can't remember .. but better ask your fiance then coz he knows :xxgrinning--00xx3:

eljean
14th October 2006, 18:23
hmmm...i have already ask him...same thing he look at to his passport and it doesnt say in there....anyway ill try it again....thanks..

scotsfiancee
14th October 2006, 18:34
I had checked his passport and i found on top of his data page "CODE OF ISSUING STATE" and i think that is. UKPA is UK passport authority

eljean
14th October 2006, 18:43
i really thought so.....thanks a lot!!!!!just making sure...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
14th October 2006, 19:08
Mine says the same. UKPA

Im pretty sure we put that or UK whichever im sure they will know what you mean.

If they are not sure they can check the Copy of your hubbys passport you have sent in.

Alfie
17th October 2006, 12:45
I too was a bit confused on this one, on looking at my passport and not finding any "Place of Issue" box. But i think it's safe to assume it's the same as the "Authority" box which in mine says: "UNITED KINGDOM PASSPORT AGENCY" (UKPA).
I think the term "Place of Issue" is a carry over from the old style passport (the black ones, when they looked more pukka, i think), in which the official term was "Issued at:" and generally issued at Peterborough Passport Agency.