PDA

View Full Version : sincerely wishing the best

marg59
19th May 2009, 06:02
as i read more and more of the posts, i can only,at best,empathize with the fellow Filipinos trying to get residency status in the UK. i don't have useful information to share or offer. nor do i have connections. I have cousins who married US citizens so they don't get deported. i can only offer my best wishes
to all of you trying to establish a life out of the Philippines:cwm38:

Pepe n Pilar
19th May 2009, 09:36
as i read more and more of the posts, i can only,at best,empathize with the fellow Filipinos trying to get residency status in the UK. i don't have useful information to share or offer. nor do i have connections. I have cousins who married US citizens so they don't get deported. i can only offer my best wishes

Mostly if not all of the women who got married to the Brits citizens here don't mind at all. They got married and so they are with their loved one in this country not because they are trying to get a residency status. They never noticed it at all. How time passes by so quick.
They got married, then both has made plans where to live, then find a job just so not to get bored or to keep themselves busy then they will just wake up one day it is now time to file for the residency status. In tagalog (nangyari nalang):)

Are you referring to those that came here just to have the residency status?:Erm:

In my opinion, some came here bec they (husband and wife) chose this country than the Phils where to spend their married life (for the meantime), perhaps someday they will leave this country. Plans can be changed.

:)

Mrs.JMajor
19th May 2009, 11:41
I ,on my own understanding..I find the word offensive marg,If I am wrong...apology!! It sounds to me..we are trying hard to get residency status, some yes...I guess, not offending anyone, yeah trying to run out of the poverty of the country, but....the rest of here are in the name of love, and lucky for you, you had good status in America, well dont you just be happy at least your kababayan are smart enough

Peace and cheers,just explaining.....

Pepe n Pilar
19th May 2009, 12:07
Good one MrsJMajor!....:xxgrinning--00xx3: That is quiet offensive hence my reply.....:)

Cheers to everyone:)

Mrs Daddy
19th May 2009, 12:08
I myself wanting to live in the PI as we could get a comfortable living with all those househelp,nanny and be able to be with family and friends but hubby cant live with warm weather :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:and he like countryside for him be able to do his 8-10 mile monday walk and he doesnt want the busy city life so I havent got any choise but to be stuck in UK after all I am not regretting it as I learn to embrace the culture here.To be honest I have been through all the homesickness for about six months but that was then.All I can say is I am Happy where I belong now and couldnt be more happier in the arms of my other half and lastly I`ll be off to PI two months from now so its a win win situation:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

bornatbirth
19th May 2009, 12:29
i dont think she is accusing anyone of just getting a uk passport,more how to get a step on the process in gaining one?

from meeting a bf,then a hubby,then the visa,then the passport?

Mrs.JMajor
19th May 2009, 12:41
I have cousins who married US citizens so they don't get deported. i can only offer my best wishes
I hope there is "love" between your cousin and to the US guy, that sounds to me,she marry her not to get deported :yikes:

Pepe n Pilar
19th May 2009, 12:42
To Bornatbirth,
Please read her statement.... "trying to get residency status in the UK"....
It implies that one is trying in any means just so to get a residency status in the UK may it be via student visa or marriage visa. Perhaps filipinas view it differently (we do understand our fellow filipinas) rather than some or other nationalities.
There was a filipina i met and told me that London is the lonliest place to go to when she learned i came from the UK. For other people of other nationalities it mean nothing but for a filipina it mean something else. It is just because she can't go to London and her friend came back to the Phils from London so it may sound envious. It is but natural everyone wants to see or experience good life, see and visit beautiful, amazing places and able to meet other people around the globe.

Cheers!:)

Pepe n Pilar
19th May 2009, 12:46
I hope there is "love" between your cousin and to the US guy, that sounds to me,she marry her not to get deported :yikes:

I didn't notice that sentence.....:rolleyes::NoNo:
is this the same as the fix marriage??:Erm::doh
Yea i just hope there is "love"......:)

Mrs.JMajor
19th May 2009, 12:51
I didn't notice that sentence.....:rolleyes:
is this the same as the fix marriage??:Erm::doh
Yea i just hope there is "love"......:)

Well,after reading bornabirth post, I read marg post again, checking if I am being sensitive, but when i saw the case of her cousin, marrying a US guy, so her cousin wont get deported, I'll stand on my words :)

Pepe n Pilar
19th May 2009, 13:17
Pity those that get married for the reason of "not to get deported"...:bigcry: "In tagalog nagpakasal para hinde mapa uwi sa Pinas"...

It is clear on this statement that they got married for that reason and not for love because if they marry for love or if love is present i'm pretty sure the statement will not be like this one...:D

I stand to be corrected on my first post "yea i hope there is love" because based on this statement there is none...

I replied that some filipinas did not try just to get a residency visa, it just happened (nangyari nalang)...:)

Same here i stand on my words as well....

joebloggs
19th May 2009, 16:26
as i read more and more of the posts, i can only,at best,empathize with the fellow Filipinos trying to get residency status in the UK.

there is no trying, as wise Yoda said "No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try".

if a pinoy is married to a brit they will almost certainly get residency, so there is no trying :doh

and nearly all applying for a settlement visa will get it, so again no trying :doh
as long as you have the evidence asked for an can fill in a visa app form :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i don't have useful information to share or offer. nor do i have connections. I have cousins who married US citizens so they don't get deported. i can only offer my best wishes

again no need for connections if you read the app form and have the correct evidence :D

i take it your cousins were illegally in the USA then, overstayed on a visit visa or expired work permit , sham marriages :doh

cheesewiz
19th May 2009, 19:30
I don't find it offensive at all. May be the way she construct her wording is not that clear, I mean, I'd been here in UK for morethan 5 years now but still my English is not that good, give her the benefit of the doubt and lets hear from her again:rolleyes:

Like me I should be getting my ILR last year before they change the law from 4 years to 5 years:NoNo: I would say in way lucky to those people who came here thru marriage they don't need to go thru lots of obstacles (of course aside from waiting for their visa) just to settle here. For us on a workpermit visa, contributing to the economy on our lown ittle way but still no assurance if we can settle here and the HO is keep on changing the law:doh

But then again, some people marrying a foreigners to get a residence status/citizen that's a fact. For many whose reasons is LOVE....we hear you:BouncyHappy:

Mrs.JMajor
19th May 2009, 20:35
May be the way she construct her wording is not that clear, I mean, I'd been here in UK for morethan 5 years now but still my English is not that good

Ok cheese, maybe I will wait for her words, who knows,:Erm: she is living in US for 38 years and still not good in English ??????:yikes: 38 years wohaaaa:xxgrinning--00xx3:

marg59
20th May 2009, 03:18
I ,on my own understanding..I find the word offensive marg,If I am wrong...apology!! It sounds to me..we are trying hard to get residency status, some yes...I guess, not offending anyone, yeah trying to run out of the poverty of the country, but....the rest of here are in the name of love, and lucky for you, you had good status in America, well dont you just be happy at least your kababayan are smart enough

Peace and cheers,just explaining.....

that is exactly what i meant . Filipinos are trying hard to get residency status because life is hard in the Philippines and people want a better life. And, for those of you who are there in the name of love, well cheers and sincere best wishes. I did not join the forum to upset anyone, just to meet people. And, if my English is still bad, after 38 years in theUS, I suggest you check you own grammar- it isjust as terrible

marg59
20th May 2009, 05:30
ok cheese, maybe I will wait for her words, who knows she is living in US for 38 years and still not good in English:yikes: 38 years wohaaaa:xxgrinning--00xx3:

you could use some English grammar lessons yourself, Mrs. JMajor or whoever you are

Mrs.JMajor
20th May 2009, 06:38
you could use some English grammar lessons yourself, Mrs. JMajor or whoever you are

Well, I didnt say I am good in english (I am trying hard.....in my english:icon_lol:):Rasp: and that wasn't the issue, its the way u put words on your fellow filipinas:doh:NoNo:
Can't argue with you as you are good in english, and I am not:icon_lol:, if that is what you mean in your words, then be it...:cwm34:

Pepe n Pilar
20th May 2009, 07:58
that is exactly what i meant . Filipinos are trying hard to get residency status because life is hard in the Philippines and people want a better life. And, for those of you who are there in the name of love, well cheers and sincere best wishes. I did not join the forum to upset anyone, just to meet people. And, if my English is still bad, after 38 years in theUS, I suggest you check you own grammar- it isjust as terrible

Alright. For me, you're English is good:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: and you really mean what you have typed. It was because of the word "trying" that made some of the members here replied. At least you stand on your words. That's good enough. I also have replied because i find it offensive, but the next sentence is just as acceptable.And, for those of you who are there in the name of love, well cheers and sincere best wishes.

I reckon we don't have to base the English proficiency if it's marvelous or not on the number of years in the English country. There are people who has been living here for more than 5 or 10 yrs or even more and English is not as good as with those that has been in the country in just for few months or less than 5 yrs.
But if filipinas doesn't have good English then it is understandable and acceptable because that is not our first language... So no worries filipinas!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

My English not good as well, so no offense here.

I understand why you reacted when your English was criticised. As if a person is asking you "why are you not wearing shoes?" and the person asking is wearing slippers!...:Brick::Brick:

Cheers to All!:)

Mrs.JMajor
20th May 2009, 09:16
I understand why you reacted when your English was criticised. As if a person is asking you "why are you not wearing shoes?" and the person asking is wearing slippers!...:Brick::Brick:
Huwaahhh, :icon_lol: peace everyone :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Anyhow, I didnt mean to offend you marg, I was just replying to cheesewiz from her words, I guess she dont have idea that your living in US for 38 yrs. the reason I mention that.....

aposhark
20th May 2009, 09:53

If I asked my wife about residency status, she wouldn't have any idea about that.
She is here because of love and I know she would be crying if I implied she was in the UK for anything else.

I know you mean good marg59 but please remember how sensitive Filipinos are in relation to moving to another country.
"Love is the answer, now what is the question?"

aposhark
20th May 2009, 09:58
To Bornatbirth,
Please read her statement.... "trying to get residency status in the UK"....
It implies that one is trying in any means just so to get a residency status in the UK may it be via student visa or marriage visa. Perhaps filipinas view it differently (we do understand our fellow filipinas) rather than some or other nationalities.
There was a filipina i met and told me that London is the lonliest place to go to when she learned i came from the UK. For other people of other nationalities it mean nothing but for a filipina it mean something else. It is just because she can't go to London and her friend came back to the Phils from London so it may sound envious. It is but natural everyone wants to see or experience good life, see and visit beautiful, amazing places and able to meet other people around the globe.

London can be lonely even for us Brits.
It is like any big city in the world, people often don't have time for each other.
Many people who come from the countryside in the UK find London to be so impersonal, so it must be very hard for some Filipinas to make it home.
Sooner or later big cities begin to feel like home.

bornatbirth
20th May 2009, 11:10
i think your english is dreadful!,and your words are more ugly!

you have really been in the USA for 38 years maybe you should try going to school there?

to suggest that all filipinas are here only for a uk passport is complete nonsense!

but i guess your the jealous poor type? :Cuckoo::icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
20th May 2009, 12:29
:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I reckon we don't have to base the English proficiency if it's marvelous or not on the number of years in the English country.

There are people who has been living here for more than 5 or 10 yrs or even more and English is not as good as with those that has been in the country in just for few months or less than 5 yrs.
But if filipinas doesn't have good English then it is understandable and acceptable because that is not our first language... So no worries filipinas!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

My English not good as well, so no offense here.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
haha! very true...
But mind you, there are plenty of British/Americans, bred & born in the 1st world countries & English as their 1st language who can neither write & speak properly! (which you somehow expect that they should be excellent in communication skills!)
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
20th May 2009, 12:31
i think your english is dreadful!,and your words are more ugly!

you have really been in the USA for 38 years maybe you should try going to school there?

to suggest that all filipinas are here only for a uk passport is complete nonsense!

but i guess your the jealous poor type? :Cuckoo::icon_lol:

:icon_lol::Cuckoo: teaser lol you make discussion more worse:icon_lol:

bornatbirth
20th May 2009, 14:51
theres a reason to post nonsense isnt there?

why not ask the question when shes not to bothered about being offensive! :Erm:

ANDRES25
21st May 2009, 00:39
haha! very true...
But mind you, there are plenty of British/Americans, bred & born in the 1st world countries & English as their 1st language who can neither write & speak properly! (which you somehow expect that they should be excellent in communication skills!)

I AGREE WITH YOU ZOBEL... anyway, this is the reason why I'm very careful when I'm posting here, coz I really don't want to offend anybody. But sometimes arguments like this make this forum more exciting ha ha ha!

Mrs.JMajor
21st May 2009, 08:46
this is the reason why I'm very careful when I'm posting here, coz I really don't want to offend anybody. But sometimes arguments like this make this forum more exciting ha ha ha!
You're very right :xxgrinning--00xx3: got loads of things to do in the morning but I decided to peek for while:icon_lol:, but as far as I know been here in the forum for ages,we can view our points as the best as we can, but no personal attack:NoNo:

Tawi2
21st May 2009, 08:56
Have to agree,I was born in the UK,in pinas some people have incredible vocabs,I hate it when they ask such questions as "Is that a subjective verb" :Erm:Or "Whats the present participle of..........":Erm:What?????They always expect native english speakers to have perfect grammar,unfortunately to some of us a grammar is another name for a lola :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
21st May 2009, 09:11
Have to agree,I was born in the UK,in pinas some people have incredible vocabs,I hate it when they ask such questions as "Is that a subjective verb" :Erm:Or "Whats the present participle of..........":Erm:What?????They always expect native english speakers to have perfect grammar,unfortunately to some of us a grammar is another name for a lola :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I even ask my hubby to read the thread if my english is awful, as he is born in england, purely english and smart :action-smiley-081::Rasp: and he said, "dont worry about it princess, you're english is fine":xxcheeky-smiley-013:xxcheeky-smiley-013

Hold on, we are not talking english skills here:CompBuster:, apology for the thread owner:Cuckoo:

Jay&Zobel
21st May 2009, 10:08
IF GRAMMAR IS UNDER ATTACK!

haha! very true...

I AGREE WITH YOU ZOBEL... anyway, this is the reason why I'm very careful when I'm posting here, coz I really don't want to offend anybody. But sometimes arguments like this make this forum more exciting ha ha ha!

we can view our points as the best as we can, but no personal attack:NoNo:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: AMEN...just be polite...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

NYAHAHAHA... same as synonyms, antonyms, homonyms;
metaphore, simile, ellipse;
adjective, adverb, verb :Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo::cwm12::cwm12: can be very confusing lol...

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:there's no harm in trying...(hard)...lol:Erm::xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:D:D
Peace!!!
As long as we know what we are talking about, (hope the readers know too) and not too offensive then it's perfectly ok! I guess?:rolleyes: lol... Practice makes perfect. The more you talk, the more you write, the more knowledge you're acquiring :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: (spelling checks button in Word document is a great tool too hehe..:D:icon_lol:)

Tawi2
21st May 2009, 10:26
adjective, adverb, verb can be very confusing lol...:omg::yikes::omg::Erm::Erm: WHAT?????:Erm:
I actually once had to do a short month long course at the international language institute in Cairo :ARsurrender: It was quite embarrassing as I met a number of ethiopians studying there who's english was absolutely perfect,they were just polite when they heard my slang :icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
21st May 2009, 11:00
I actually once had to do a short month long course at the international language institute in Cairo :ARsurrender: It was quite embarrassing as I met a number of ethiopians studying there who's english was absolutely perfect,they were just polite when they heard my slang :icon_lol:

lol:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
Good for you hehe...
But then again, a slang can become a proper word when being used all the time/by popularity... Say for example the term Gaydar... was quiet surprised when I found out that it's a proper word (I guess it's about less than 15years old)!!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaydar
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gaydar :omg::omg:

You can boast to your grannies about that...terms you know that they dont know lol:D:D:D:D ah well, pardon me, i'm just very random! lol:Erm::D:D:D

So where were we?:rolleyes:

aposhark
21st May 2009, 11:06
adjective, adverb, verb can be very confusing lol...:omg::yikes::omg::Erm::Erm: WHAT?????:Erm:

It's OK if we occasionally use slang in our day-to-day conversations, most people all over the world use slang daily and frequently.
Besides, we can use slang here in this forum at times as we have Mr. Toks (Piamed) to help us out with his very eloquent words, sentences and phrases.
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
I love reading his posts as they are, IMO, correct in grammar and full of words that I enjoy a lot.
I spend my life often in despair at the poor spelling I see all around me and have to take my hat off to people whose command of my native language is superior to my own :icon_lol:

It is also important to note that native English speakers on this forum should be kind to those who come from the Philippines and/or any other country for that matter.
It shows great determination and a strong will to post in a language that is not their original mother tongue.
More power to their keyboards!

bornatbirth
21st May 2009, 11:08
mostly only gay people use the word gaydar so becareful when you use it? :Erm: :icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
21st May 2009, 11:16
TOKS is very eloquent indeed! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

To add for more slang terms:
GOOGLE is a verb in the dictionary!!
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/google :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
21st May 2009, 13:50
.....and you could do with some manners on a public forum, and reading the rules. :NoNo:

Now every single post you make will be scrutinized by everyone here for any spelling, typo's, grammar, etc, so don't moan when we all gang up on you.

Capitals???? http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=15991
Capitals???? http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=15695[/URL]
Capitals???? http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=15649 (http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=15991)
Capitals???? [URL]http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=15211