PDA

View Full Version : Palawan in August???

Fitzy
18th May 2009, 07:06
Hi all.

You may think I am crazy going back in the rainy season, but I would rather be in the rain with my Mahal than be miserable here in london.
Thank god I work in the airport industry Lol
As far as my research goes, there are Nine main districts(towns??)to visit, and was looking for your opinions on places to stay, reasonable prices, standards etc.....
Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

A great many thanks in advance.

Philip......

Florge
18th May 2009, 07:19
If you want to stay in Palawan, I recommend Coron. My travel agent offered a great package for us (bf and I). Bohol, and Davao (of course) is also a great place to stay.

Fitzy
18th May 2009, 07:25
Yes, I agree, Bohol is a great place to go, was there back in Jan. This will be my third visit to the phils in 1 year.
Love is expensive lol

Thank you. i will google this place.
Also the website for Palawan is very informative.

www.palawan.com

Philip.....

Florge
18th May 2009, 10:06
yup.. I went to Coron, Palawan.. went back there with my bf.. he loved it... we stayed in Divelink Resort...

Sophie
18th May 2009, 10:54
Hi all.

You may think I am crazy going back in the rainy season, but I would rather be in the rain with my Mahal than be miserable here in london.
Thank god I work in the airport industry Lol
As far as my research goes, there are Nine main districts(towns??)to visit, and was looking for your opinions on places to stay, reasonable prices, standards etc.....

EL NIDO would be a great place to go to palawan or DOS PALMAS. You can also go and explore the palawan UNDERGROUND RIVER which is really splendid!:xxgrinning--00xx3: Or you can go farther and enjoy the beauty of coron island. There are nice hotels in puerto princesa too but some may be more expensive than others. But there are quite a few reasonable ones like angela's farm in puerto princesa where they rent out cottage type rooms and back then its only around 6,000 a month, so it would be cheaper if you will only stay a week or so, not sure how much it is now though. And as you know, puerto princesa is also one of the cleanest city in the philippines (but i think davao is the cleanest of all). Have fun on your trip then :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Fitzy
18th May 2009, 12:37
EL NIDO would be a great place to go to palawan or DOS PALMAS. You can also go and explore the palawan UNDERGROUND RIVER which is really splendid!:xxgrinning--00xx3: Or you can go farther and enjoy the beauty of coron island. There are nice hotels in puerto princesa too but some may be more expensive than others. But there are quite a few reasonable ones like angela's farm in puerto princesa where they rent out cottage type rooms and back then its only around 6,000 a month, so it would be cheaper if you will only stay a week or so, not sure how much it is now though. And as you know, puerto princesa is also one of the cleanest city in the philippines (but i think davao is the cleanest of all). Have fun on your trip then :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Wow.

Thank you, how inspiring!!
Will tell my girl later when we talk:)
I like the idea of the cottages, and so cheap, but do they have air con???
Just kidding:D

Thanks again.

Philip....

Philip....

Sophie
18th May 2009, 12:43
Wow.

:)The rooms got airconditioner and it was clean, nice beds too. They also have big rooms that's more like a small house - with kitchen, bedroom & living room inside. And they also got a swimming pool for the guests to enjoy. Its actually owned by a european guy who married a filipina, i just forgot where in europe he came from.

Mrs.JMajor
18th May 2009, 13:40
http://www.new7wonders.com/nature/en/nominees/asia/c/PuertoPrincesa/

For sure you will love that,its on the 5th place in the world as best tourist spot

Sim11UK
18th May 2009, 16:47
Interesting thread, as I have my eye on going here in the near future. :)

joebloggs
18th May 2009, 18:58
http://www.new7wonders.com/nature/en/nominees/asia/c/PuertoPrincesa/

For sure you will love that,its on the 5th place in the world as best tourist spot

puerto princsea :xxgrinning--00xx3:

also the croc farm, butterfly farm, open prison - good for scousers who are feeling bit home sick :D

and best of all the place i got married at http://www.asturiashotel.ph/ they built what looked like gallows on the pool :yikes:, but still alive and married after nearly 7yrs :xxgrinning--00xx3:

if you go sim11uk hope the gudluck rubs off on you and ur misses to :rolleyes:

Sim11UK
19th May 2009, 08:16
if you go sim11uk hope the gudluck rubs off on you and ur misses to :rolleyes:

Thanks Joe :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hope to go sooner, rather than later...Certainly hasn't done you any harm. :)

jimeve
19th May 2009, 09:09
Take anti-malaria pills two weeks before you travel, there's a problem with mossies carrying malaria in Palawan.

ca143
19th May 2009, 11:21
also the croc farm, butterfly farm, open prison - good for scousers who are feeling bit home sick

and also ISLAND HOPPING,u can simply booked at the reception on the hotel you'd staying ,they take u into 3 different white sand island,very good for snorkling and of course free fantastic lunch.........PUERTO PENSSION INN is a nice native hotel,u can enjoy their restaurant on the 3rd floor......

Fitzy
19th May 2009, 14:13
Thanks Joe :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hope to go sooner, rather than later...Certainly hasn't done you any harm. :)

Hi Sim
Long time no speak mate.
Hope things are going better for you now.

All the very best.

Philip....

Sophie
19th May 2009, 14:19
Wow.

Just kidding:D
Philip....

By the way, that price was about 5 years ago, so i suppose they increased now for sure :D

Fitzy
19th May 2009, 14:19

Hmmmmmm.
Interesting!
I just got a reservation quotation from Angelas Farm, and between 15th and 25 August this year it will cost around PHP 25,000
This includes matrimonial room, air con, and tours:)

Am so very much looking forward to it.
@Sim

When do you plan to go mate??
Read you pm pls.

All the best to you guys, and thank you so much.

Philip....

Sophie
19th May 2009, 14:24
Hmmmmmm.
Interesting!
I just got a reservation quotation from Angelas Farm, and between 15th and 25 August this year it will cost around PHP 25,000

Wow, this is a big price difference from 5 years ago :doh:D But i guess it's not so bad since you get tours inclusive in the package. Does it go with free breakfast on your entire stay?

Sophie
19th May 2009, 14:47
Hmmmmmm.
Interesting!

This is but a big price difference from way back, but that was 5 years ago though. I stayed there with some local friends but we did not get their package tours, only accomodation. Me and my friends toured on our own, we figured it's cheaper that way. And i guess, being a foreigner, you may be charged more, lol. You know how it is in the philippines sometimes :NoNo::D

Florge
19th May 2009, 15:29
Take anti-malaria pills two weeks before you travel, there's a problem with mossies carrying malaria in Palawan.

true... I was warned of the mosquitoes in Palawan too.

ANDRES25
19th May 2009, 17:06
DOS PALMAS is lovely very private. lots of activities to do and you have the whole place to your selves but it's not so good when it's always raining.

Fitzy
19th May 2009, 18:30
Wow, this is a big price difference from 5 years ago :doh:D But i guess it's not so bad since you get tours inclusive in the package. Does it go with free breakfast on your entire stay?

Hi Sophie.

Yes it does come with b/fast, and tours.
You paid PHP 6000 for a month???
Wow. that's good, and as you say, we have the local price, and then the tourist rate, Lol
Is the way of the world, but for £35 p/night for matrimonial room, and b/fast and tours for 2 I am not complaining.

Thanks for the great tip. Will be sure to show you the photos.

All the best.

Philip....

Fitzy
19th May 2009, 19:35
This is but a big price difference from way back, but that was 5 years ago though. I stayed there with some local friends but we did not get their package tours, only accomodation. Me and my friends toured on our own, we figured it's cheaper that way. And i guess, being a foreigner, you may be charged more, lol. You know how it is in the philippines sometimes :NoNo::D

Not to mention, free to, and from Airport transfers are included:D

Sophie
19th May 2009, 19:55
Not to mention, free to, and from Airport transfers are included:D

Oh ok, fair enough deal. Have fun on your trip then :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Fitzy
19th May 2009, 20:24
Oh ok, fair enough deal. Have fun on your trip then :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks to you dear Sophie.
We thank you.

Godbless.

Philip...