PDA

View Full Version : Our Jack will soon join the RAF!

Tish
17th May 2009, 22:11
But I really don't want him to! :NoNo:

Tish

joebloggs
17th May 2009, 22:37
happy but sad at the same time :doh

you'll be proud of him :rolleyes:

Tish
17th May 2009, 22:45
happy but sad at the same time :doh

you'll be proud of him :rolleyes:

Thanks Mod. Ideally, I would like/prefer him to go to Uni :xxgrinning--00xx3:

But he's fed up of not having his own money (bless him, he's so independent).

Hubby says I've got to let him go :bigcry:

But when I look at this pics it worries me so much :NoNo:

trader dave
18th May 2009, 00:05
i have a 15 yr old son he has just joined the air cadets to me the raf is the safest :rolleyes: but at the end of the day at least they want to get a career:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
18th May 2009, 02:56
My RAF career went well :xxgrinning--00xx3: .....pensioned out at the age of 21 because they screwed up :doh

thejarvs
18th May 2009, 06:53
Don't worry Tish unless he will be flying Jets or Choppers he will not be in harms way.

The RAF isn't a bad career poh my farther joined up at a young age so I was brought up on RAF bases.

The Army are the meatheads (no offence intended) :)

aromulus
18th May 2009, 06:58
Don't worry Tish unless he will be flying Jets or Choppers he will not be in harms way.

The RAF isn't a bad career poh my farther joined up at a young age so I was brought up on RAF bases.

I swear I didn't mod it...........:cwm24:

thejarvs
18th May 2009, 07:11

:doh that will teach me not to post between feeding mouthfuls of breakfast to my Raf (Rafael) :D

Tish
18th May 2009, 07:27
i have a 15 yr old son he has just joined the air cadets to me the raf is the safest :rolleyes: but at the end of the day at least they want to get a career:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I can understand that there's nothing out there in the job market front at present for him, but still as a mom, you just can't stop worrying :doh

Tish

Tish
18th May 2009, 07:35
My RAF career went well :xxgrinning--00xx3: .....pensioned out at the age of 21 because they screwed up :doh

So there's a possibility that he'd be back in no time with a good pension then Boss? :Erm:

Tish

Tish
18th May 2009, 07:38

:icon_lol:Thanks for that thejarvs.

Tish

Tawi2
18th May 2009, 08:59
Best thing for him:xxgrinning--00xx3:travel the world for free,cameraderie,and being based in exotic places with extoic local women(and catching exotic local diseases:ARsurrender:):icon_lol:The army isnt for meatheads,thats bollox :icon_lol:My nephew is 16 years and four months,his induction date is in september,my cousins son is one of the royal guards,you have to give young lads a bit of freedom to find out who and what they are :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jimeve
18th May 2009, 09:39

To late you have, di-khead

Tawi2
18th May 2009, 09:44
My 16 year old nephew has the option of going into the family restaurant business(which he says is boring),he can work in his aunts import/export business,she has workshops in Brazil,Vietnam,and Thailand,so its not as if he will be stuck twiddling his thumbs at home,but he actually said he really wants to join the army,he wants to be part of a team,learn new things(and he mentioned those exotic women :icon_lol:which is quite strange as he is half Thai).

bornatbirth
18th May 2009, 10:14
To late you have, di-khead

hey,you know theres rivalry between the armed forces?

its just banter :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jimeve
18th May 2009, 11:43
hey,you know theres rivalry between the armed forces?

its just banter :xxgrinning--00xx3:

okay, RAF- brillcream boys,navy- YMCA. :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
18th May 2009, 12:07
Thanks for sharing these photos of your son with us, Tish. I've just been trying to count the number of candles on his birthday cake ... and can't quite determine whether it's 16 or 18. That's what becomes of mislaying my optician's biannual invitation to have my eyes re-tested! :cwm24:

I have to admit that the closest I ever came to military service was marching up and down a church hall as a member of the Boys' Brigade. And so I can empathise with your *trepidation :bigcry: over Jack's choice of career; *it's just natural motherly concern, after all. But everything will be fine ... honest! Besides, just imagine the immense pride you and his dad will feel in time ... on observing your "wee laddie's" rite of passage to fully-fledged manhood - proudly striding out dressed in his RAF uniform. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
18th May 2009, 13:57

:icon_lol::icon_lol: you really had great eye vision Mod,didnt notice it,unless you qoute,lol

aromulus
18th May 2009, 16:38
:icon_lol::icon_lol: you really had great eye vision Mod,didnt notice it,unless you qoute,lol

Typical woman..........:Erm:

Looks but doesn't see........:NoNo:

adam&chryss
18th May 2009, 18:03
But I really don't want him to! :NoNo:

Tish

For us mothers.. we don't really want our sons joining on this :NoNo:

I'm sure i'll have sleepless nights if my sons will join RAF.

Tish
18th May 2009, 19:44
Best thing for him:xxgrinning--00xx3:travel the world for free,cameraderie,and being based in exotic places with extoic local women(and catching exotic local diseases:ARsurrender:):icon_lol:The army isnt for meatheads,thats bollox :icon_lol:My nephew is 16 years and four months,his induction date is in september,my cousins son is one of the royal guards,you have to give young lads a bit of freedom to find out who and what they are :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hubby says it's best for him to join. He can get his driver's license for free:icon_lol: We've tried to put him as a name driver for our car and the quote i got was nearly 3 grand:NoNo: It's worse on his dad's car as it's nearly 4 grand :doh So i suppose it has a lot of advantage joining in.

I don't think my son fully knows what he really wants out of life, but then again, not a lot of that age do:NoNo:

Tish

Tish
18th May 2009, 19:52
Thanks for sharing these photos of your son with us, Tish. I've just been trying to count the number of candles on his birthday cake ... and can't quite determine whether it's 16 or 18. That's what becomes of mislaying my optician's biannual invitation to have my eyes re-tested! :cwm24:

I have to admit that the closest I ever came to military service was marching up and down a church hall as a member of the Boys' Brigade. And so I can empathise with your *trepidation :bigcry: over Jack's choice of career; *it's just natural motherly concern, after all. But everything will be fine ... honest! Besides, just imagine the immense pride you and his dad will feel in time ... on observing your "wee laddie's" rite of passage to fully-fledged manhood - proudly striding out dressed in his RAF uniform. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

That was his last years birthday, so 17 candles in there :xxgrinning--00xxes 3:

And as well as fear, it's missing him more than anything :bigcry:
He's very close to me is our Jack (He's my third son BTW).

I don't think you need your eyes testing Arthur Little, it's the pic that's small :)

Tish

Tish
18th May 2009, 19:54
For us mothers.. we don't really want our sons joining on this :NoNo:

I'm sure i'll have sleepless nights if my sons will join RAF.

It is hard adam&chryss. I can't believe how quick they grow :NoNo:

Tish

adam&chryss
18th May 2009, 20:16
The R.A.F. is a good career but lets not dress it up.
My uncles leaves the R.A.F. next month at the age of 55 after singing on for the maximum term.
He had a great career and his pension is something I wish i had to look forward to!
He has a house a few miles from St. Tropez and sold a few here in England so he`s not short of a few bob.
The price he paid is many lost colleagues in N.I. during the 70`s and has recently been to Basra and Afghanistan.
He has seen many places, good and bad and he wouldnt change that for the world.
You`d be surprised how many places the R.A.F has been that you dont hear about.
The stories he tells about the army in Germany during training excercises are funny.
You should be proud of your son as there arnt many kids today that have the guts to serve their country.
I take my hat off to him and wish him a safe and successful career :xxgrinning--00xx3:

eljean
19th May 2009, 13:34
:yikes::bigcry:me husband wants to join the army..

bornatbirth
19th May 2009, 13:42
maybe you still think of him as your baby?

and hes already grown up and ready to explore life?

adam&chryss
20th May 2009, 09:40
My uncles leaves the R.A.F. next month at the age of 55 after singing on for the maximum term.
He had a great career and his pension is something I wish i had to look forward to!
He has a house a few miles from St. Tropez and sold a few here in England so he`s not short of a few bob.
The price he paid is many lost colleagues in N.I. during the 70`s and has recently been to Basra and Afghanistan.
The stories he tells about the army in Germany during training excercises are funny.
You should be proud of your son as there arnt many kids today that have the guts to serve their country.
I take my hat off to him and wish him a safe and successful career :xxgrinning--00xx3:

But still I don't want our kids joining the RAf my dear husband..
They can choose being a pilot, doctor, engineer, lawyer or an architect... but not RAF.
Might have a heart attack if they will :bigcry:

Jay&Zobel
20th May 2009, 13:16
ADAM SAYS:

CHRYSS SAYS:
But still I don't want our kids joining the RAf my dear husband..
They can choose being a pilot, doctor, engineer, lawyer or an architect... but not RAF.
Might have a heart attack if they will :bigcry:

:D:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::)

I feel for you Chryss!

And Tish God bless your dear son!

KeithD
20th May 2009, 14:38
Royal Air Farce :rolleyes:

trader dave
20th May 2009, 16:36
as i said earlier my eldest son joined the air cadets a few weeks ago last weekend he sent to an air base somewhere and went up in some airplane :xxgrinning--00xx3: ffs good on yer lad he wants to be an engineer so i am thinking great aircraft engineer when you come out on civvy street :xxgrinning--00xx3: we are always going to need them :xxgrinning--00xx3: at least he does not want to be a fighter pilot :Erm:

i must add i am not ex forces myself i decided on an easier option :doh:doh work on the railway:doh:NoNo: