PDA

View Full Version : Eat your heart out fellas.......

aromulus
17th May 2009, 20:40
My wife's cooking has always been outstanding but gets better and better.....:D

Leche flans for sale, maybe......

Open to sensible offers, and you pay the chilled delivery van charges.....:D

9 eggs in that one............:omg:

bornatbirth
17th May 2009, 20:44
looks nice!

maybe my wife can get some tips?

whats the recipe?

aromulus
17th May 2009, 20:48
looks nice!

maybe my wife can get some tips?

whats the recipe?

Unfortunately I don't really speak Bisaya.....:NoNo:

But if you get your Mrs to ym Jet, I am sure that she will oblige....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

ANDRES25
17th May 2009, 21:15
mmmmmmmm YUMMMY!!! I really wish you could post the recipe here MOD!

Tish
17th May 2009, 21:49
This looks so tasty Mod. You're one lucky fella :D

Tish

keithAngel
17th May 2009, 22:03

But if you get your Mrs to ym Jet, I am sure that she will oblige....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Itlog must be very important Dom:icon_lol:

aromulus
17th May 2009, 22:20
Itlog must be very important Dom:icon_lol:

Yes definitively... Italian itlog......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
17th May 2009, 22:41

buy her a 'learn Italian' course for her birthday or xmas dom

problem solved :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Manchester tart hmmmm :rolleyes:

no not that type of tart, pasty, jam and custard :D

PAT
18th May 2009, 02:39
eggyolk, milk and syrup in leche flan.... so tasty

aposhark
18th May 2009, 06:28

Watch your figure !!!!

thejarvs
18th May 2009, 06:42
That knock on your door is me with a spoon :D

Florge
18th May 2009, 06:51
I am Bisaya... and I cook great leche flan too! hehehe

jencha8569
18th May 2009, 06:55
I love leche flan but i dont know how to make it:(

LEAHnew
18th May 2009, 08:04
mmmm looks very yummy:xxgrinning--00xx3:

adam&chryss
18th May 2009, 08:27
I love leche plan :xxgrinning--00xx3:

beaubrummie
18th May 2009, 09:14
anybody wanting recipes can just look up the recipe for creme caramal on the net it is the same thing

Sophie
18th May 2009, 11:10

Leche flans for sale, maybe......

Open to sensible offers, and you pay the chilled delivery van charges.....:D

9 eggs in that one............:omg:

WOW, what a yummy and perfect looking leche flan. I tried making one for my hubby last time and IT WAS A DISASTER! :Brick: I never really know how nor tried to make one before. So when i finally did, i just made it according to how i remember my mom does it back home. Apparently, upon chatting to one of my friends here in the forum - i missed one step in the procedure, so my leche flan ended up as just LECHE :doh:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: I guess i will have to make it right on my next attempt, right tin & zobel? fingers crossed :D:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Mrs.JMajor
18th May 2009, 12:01
Mod :angry: you are making us mouth watering here (tulo laway):Brick:

you kind enough to put the recipe:rolleyes:

Florge
18th May 2009, 12:39
WOW, what a yummy and perfect looking leche flan. I tried making one for my hubby last time and IT WAS A DISASTER! :Brick: I never really know how nor tried to make one before. So when i finally did, i just made it according to how i remember my mom does it back home. Apparently, upon chatting to one of my friends here in the forum - i missed one step in the procedure, so my leche flan ended up as just LECHE :doh:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: I guess i will have to make it right on my next attempt, right tin & zobel? fingers crossed :D:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Very easy lang Sophie... promise! :D

Sophie
18th May 2009, 12:57
Very easy lang Sophie... promise! :D

Oo nga florge eh, hehehe. I tried to impress my hubby but ended up embarassing myself :doh:icon_lol::icon_lol: I will make sure to get it right next time :)

trader dave
18th May 2009, 16:24
Unfortunately I don't really speak Bisaya.....

does anyone speak that or is the lingo cebuano????:Erm::Erm:

aromulus
18th May 2009, 16:35
anybody wanting recipes can just look up the recipe for creme caramal on the net it is the same thing

No it ain't...... Trust me.

The only similarity is the caramel.

Texture and flavours are totally different.

Florge
18th May 2009, 17:33
Unfortunately I don't really speak Bisaya.....

does anyone speak that or is the lingo cebuano????:Erm::Erm:

Bisaya is a general term that refers to Visayan-speaking regions.. and that includes Mindanao. It's like Bisaya aka Visayan is a general term and it has sub-languages, in which Cebuano belongs.. then there's a Davao bisaya.. and a Cagayan de Oro bisaya... there are Cebuano terms that are different from the Davao bisaya and there are Davao bisaya terms that are different from the Cagayan de Oro bisaya or the Surigao bisaya...

I hope I make sense explaining this... LOL :doh:icon_lol:

IainBusby
18th May 2009, 17:40
Bisaya is a general term that refers to Visayan-speaking regions.. and that includes Mindanao. It's like Bisaya aka Visayan is a general term and it has sub-languages, in which Cebuano belongs.. then there's a Davao bisaya.. and a Cagayan de Oro bisaya... there are Cebuano terms that are different from the Davao bisaya and there are Davao bisaya terms that are different from the Cagayan de Oro bisaya or the Surigao bisaya...

I hope I make sense explaining this... LOL :doh:icon_lol:

I other words you all make it up as you go long. :yikes:

keithAngel
18th May 2009, 18:15
like mancs and scousers:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
18th May 2009, 18:25

. I tried to impress my hubby but ended up embarassing myself :doh:icon_lol::icon_lol: I will make sure to get it right next time :)

Hehehehe!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D It will be right the 2nd time round!

No it ain't...... Trust me.

The only similarity is the caramel.

Texture and flavours are totally different.

Definitely it's different:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

thejarvs
19th May 2009, 07:51
MrsJarv's Leche Plan Recipe:

1 can (390g) evaporated milk
1 can (390g) condensed milk
10 egg yolks
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or lemon essence

In a saucepan, mix the sugar(1cup) & water(3/4cup). Bring to a boil for a few minutes until the sugar caramelize.

Pour the caramelized sugar into aluminum moulds - you can use any shape: oval, round or square. Spread the caramel on the bottom of the moulds.

Mix well the evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks and vanilla by hand or blender.

Gently pour the mixture on top of the caramel on the aluminum moulds. Fill the moulds to about 1 to 1 1/4 inch thick.

Cover moulds individually with aluminum foil.

Steam for about 20 minutes (you could cook it in the oven for 45 mins)

eagles
19th May 2009, 13:55
:BouncyHappy: Great! Leche Plan... how about putting bread crust on top of the leche plan prior to getting it out of the steam cooker or over? will it be okay? I tried putting some mix of crushed peanuts and cashew nuts , My kids said " Mama, its another food magic you did!!!:icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
19th May 2009, 14:39
MrsJarv's Leche Plan Recipe:

1 can (390g) evaporated milk
1 can (390g) condensed milk
10 egg yolks
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or lemon essence

In a saucepan, mix the sugar(1cup) & water(3/4cup). Bring to a boil for a few minutes until the sugar caramelize.

Pour the caramelized sugar into aluminum moulds - you can use any shape: oval, round or square. Spread the caramel on the bottom of the moulds.

Mix well the evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks and vanilla by hand or blender.

Gently pour the mixture on top of the caramel on the aluminum moulds. Fill the moulds to about 1 to 1 1/4 inch thick.

Cover moulds individually with aluminum foil.

Steam for about 20 minutes (you could cook it in the oven for 45 mins)

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Better not to use blender as it will create bubbles/air. Use a wooden spoon or spatula when mixing to get the desired consistency.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

If baked, put the molder(s) on a Ban Marie with hot water in it (please see illustration).

Baked it on 180C until cooked...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
19th May 2009, 22:07
My 2nd LECHE FLAN attempt - SUCCESS! :Hellooo::Hellooo::Rasp::Rasp:
I'm soooooooo happy and my hubby loved it! :xxgrinning--00xx3::Rasp:
You proud of me zobel? :)

Jay&Zobel
19th May 2009, 22:21
I tried making one for my hubby last time and IT WAS A DISASTER! :Brick: I never really know how nor tried to make one before.

Apparently, upon chatting to one of my friends here in the forum - i missed one step in the procedure, so my leche flan ended up as just LECHE :doh:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: I guess i will have to make it right on my next attempt, right tin & zobel? fingers crossed :D:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

hehehe. I tried to impress my hubby but ended up embarassing myself :doh:icon_lol::icon_lol: I will make sure to get it right next time :)

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Better not to use blender as it will create bubbles/air. Use a wooden spoon or spatula when mixing to get the desired consistency.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

If baked, put the molder(s) on a Ban Marie with hot water in it (please see illustration).

Baked it on 180C until cooked...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
Yehey! Ban Marie saved the day indeed!!! Siram Manay! You got it right this time! Did you use your mother's recipe or others? Sabi na eh! Do not give up! Even a newbie can be a wonderful cook! I know you are more inspired now!! Whooohoo! Lucky husband! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
19th May 2009, 22:25
Yehey! Ban Marie saved the day indeed!!! Siram Manay! You got it right this time! Did you use your mother's recipe or others? Sabi na eh! Do not give up! Even a newbie can be a wonderful cook! I know you are more inspired now!! Whooohoo! Lucky husband! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks zobel, mwah! :) I used yours, hehehehe

Jay&Zobel
19th May 2009, 22:35

Thanks zobel, mwah! :) I used yours, hehehehe

Wait... lol... The recipe wasn't mine...lol... Ann taught me how to, so I passed it on to you... Hehehe... As she & Tin are my "mentors" when it comes to cooking. I told you that I am a newbie in this cooking world too haha! (I did a little research/google the Ban Marie picture though haha!) :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
19th May 2009, 23:07
Wait... lol... The recipe wasn't mine...lol... Ann taught me how to, so I passed it on to you... Hehehe... As she & Tin are my "mentors" when it comes to cooking. I told you that I am a newbie in this cooking world too haha! (I did a little research/google the Ban Marie picture though haha!) :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

IN THAT CASE, I HAVE TO THANK ANN AND TIN, FOR BEING MENTORS TO ZOBEL WHO THEN BECAME MY MENTOR TOO :xxgrinning--00xx3: THANKS AGAIN! MWAH :)
THANKS TO MOD DOM'S WIFE TOO FOR BEING SUCH AN INSPIRATION, SHE DID INSPIRE ME WHEN I SAW THE PHOTOS OF HER SUMPTUOUS FOOD CREATIONS POSTED BY MOD :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ann07
20th May 2009, 17:51

well done you sophie...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: im starving now:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

nice tips zobel:D

tiN
20th May 2009, 19:15

Practise makes perfect well done u!!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: And it looks really nice :D:D

IN THAT CASE, I HAVE TO THANK ANN AND TIN, FOR BEING MENTORS TO ZOBEL WHO THEN BECAME MY MENTOR TOO :xxgrinning--00xx3: THANKS AGAIN! MWAH :)
THANKS TO MOD DOM'S WIFE TOO FOR BEING SUCH AN INSPIRATION, SHE DID INSPIRE ME WHEN I SAW THE PHOTOS OF HER SUMPTUOUS FOOD CREATIONS POSTED BY MOD :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It is Ann who is my mentor :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

And now Sophie initiation time, u can send us ur leche flan to get more recipe :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:D

aromulus
20th May 2009, 19:17
Might as well call this place the "Derby and Joan"....:omg:

What have I started....???:Erm:

bornatbirth
20th May 2009, 19:21
thats what happens when you get ladies chatting about food?

Pepe n Pilar
20th May 2009, 19:27
Well done Mod Aromulus, Zobel and Sophie!...:xxgrinning--00xx3::):Hellooo:

I should have posted the picture of my first leche flan also..:D

SurvivingAngel
20th May 2009, 20:20
I love leche flan but i dont know how to make it:(

You can buy the leche flan mix from Pillsbury, just add milk, steam it, put in the fridge for about 3 hours and indulge.

Sophie
20th May 2009, 20:28
well done you sophie...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: im starving now:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

nice tips zobel:D

thanks ann :Hellooo::Hellooo: Looking forward to getting more recipe's from the mentors :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
20th May 2009, 20:35
Practise makes perfect well done u!!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: And it looks really nice :D:D
It is Ann who is my mentor :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
And now Sophie initiation time, u can send us ur leche flan to get more recipe :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:D

Thanks tin :):Hellooo::Hellooo: I agree, practice makes perfect, hehehe.
I would love to send a free taste of my leche flan but unfortunately, my hubby munched it all, it's been wiped out, hahahaha:icon_lol: He obviously loved it, specially after having a very bad first leche flan encounter last time, my 2nd attempt was highly appreciated and enjoyed :xxgrinning--00xx3::D He can't wait for me to make another one :) Thanks to all my mentors :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
20th May 2009, 20:38
Might as well call this place the "Derby and Joan"....:omg:

What have I started....???:Erm:

a cooking forum?:D thanks to your wife for being an inspiration mod :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
20th May 2009, 20:45
Well done Mod Aromulus, Zobel and Sophie!...:xxgrinning--00xx3::):Hellooo:

I should have posted the picture of my first leche flan also..:D

thanks iye :) you should have posted your first leche flan, it would be nice to see some food creations in this forum, it gets others inspired like me :xxgrinning--00xx3: You can post your chocolate cake creation.....yum yum :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
20th May 2009, 20:49
thats what happens when you get ladies chatting about food?

yeah, STUFFED HUSBANDS :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Pepe n Pilar
21st May 2009, 08:44
thanks iye :) you should have posted your first leche flan, it would be nice to see some food creations in this forum, it gets others inspired like me :xxgrinning--00xx3: You can post your chocolate cake creation.....yum yum :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Sophie, i was inspired by you....:D I will let you see the picture.... i hope it will be the same as that of your creation, almost perfect!:Hellooo: well done!....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Masiram yan:Hellooo:

Jay&Zobel
21st May 2009, 09:45
Thanks Sophie, i was inspired by you....:D I will let you see the picture.... i hope it will be the same as that of your creation, almost perfect!:Hellooo: well done!....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Masiram yan:Hellooo:

We were all inspired:cwm38: by Mod's wife and Sophie hehehe... I so wanted to make lecheflan also but eggs in our fridge weren't enough:doh!! lol...

I think it's good to be sharing pictures of food here...lol It's just so inspiring (especially for newbies> like me:D)

CHeers! Happy cooking everyone! (watching cooking shows on TV helps too!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:)

Pepe n Pilar
21st May 2009, 12:17
We were all inspired:cwm38: by Mod's wife

She certainly did!!!!.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Many thanks Mod Aromulus:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cheers!:)

Ann07
21st May 2009, 16:06
thanks ann :Hellooo::Hellooo: Looking forward to getting more recipe's from the mentors :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thats the result of being stuck at home sophie:doh:doh:doh all i do is cook and bake:D in my own way:) and when im in the mood:doh:doh:doh So pass it on :D:D:D

You have a talent in cooking cant wait to taste your yummy leche flan:)

Sophie
21st May 2009, 19:03
Thats the result of being stuck at home sophie:doh:doh:doh all i do is cook and bake:D in my own way:) and when im in the mood:doh:doh:doh So pass it on :D:D:D

Exactly ann, my favorite passtime now is cooking/baking and this forum :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: We suddenly turned into domestic goddesses :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ann07
23rd May 2009, 15:57
Exactly ann, my favorite passtime now is cooking/baking and this forum :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: We suddenly turned into domestic goddesses :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

And a child carer for me:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::doh:doh:doh

Sophie
23rd May 2009, 16:09
And a child carer for me:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::doh:doh:doh

soon i will be one too ann :xxgrinning--00xx3: In 2 years time or probably next year we plan to have a baby na rin, sana successful, fingers crossed :):xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
23rd May 2009, 16:21
maybe one can cook and the other look after the kids?....isnt that team work :Erm::xxgrinning--00xx3::)

Ann07
23rd May 2009, 17:00
maybe one can cook and the other look after the kids?....isnt that team work :Erm::xxgrinning--00xx3::)

When the husband is working you have to do both:doh:doh:doh :dohBut once he gets home thats it, its his turn and i can put my feet up finally:Erm::Erm::Erm::Erm: Luckily my husband only works 3 to 4 days a week:)

Ann07
23rd May 2009, 17:01
soon i will be one too ann :xxgrinning--00xx3: In 2 years time or probably next year we plan to have a baby na rin, sana successful, fingers crossed :):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Goodluck Sophie it will be:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
23rd May 2009, 17:52
Goodluck Sophie it will be:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks ann :) I will be looking forward to that day :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
23rd May 2009, 17:58
Last nights spag bol, was a real treat....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Much better than mine....:NoNo:

I can get accustomed to this, very easily......:D