PDA

View Full Version : US *£^*^"% Medical Ads

KeithD
17th May 2009, 02:00
:cwm23: :censored::furious3: Pathetic :furious3: :action-smiley-081:'oles

One ad states about the product "Cure for arthritis", and another "Reverses arthritis".....how the :censored: do they get away with such misleading advertising?

Major drug companies have spent $$$Billions on arthritic research over the years, and not one peer reviewed scientific papers reference the above statements.

100% not allowed in the UK thankfully.

....and while I'm at it...Oprah you :Cuckoo: ......she stated that some 'berry' was anti-aging, best for antioxidants, etc.....based on what? A non-peer reviewed study of TWELVE people :doh ....and yet on her word they've sold millions.

However, we do have one peer reviewed scientific document on antioxidants, and it is that they are dangerous and 'may' shorten your life. Why? Because the antioxidant also destroys the 'good' oxidants in your body :doh

aromulus
17th May 2009, 08:55
Ample proof of Yankee gullibility.....:doh

Back here they'd be referred as " Being a jelly baby short of a quarter".... :icon_lol:

mickcant
17th May 2009, 09:15
Ample proof of Yankee gullibility.....:doh

Back here they'd be referred as " Being a jelly baby short of a quarter".... :icon_lol:

Hi,:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I have sufferd from this for around 12 years, but I know medication prescribed by my Dr and getting exersize on my cycle are the best helpfor me.
Mick.:ARsurrender:

aposhark
17th May 2009, 09:37
To answer as an American would:

"Hey, if it's on the TV or in black and white, it must be right, huh"

Any answers you can offer whilst in the States must be quick 20 second soundbites as they move on to the next ludicrous assumption before you can discuss the previous one.

IainBusby
17th May 2009, 09:54
Ample proof of Yankee gullibility

They elected both Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush didn't they...... if that aint proof enough......

aromulus
17th May 2009, 10:34
They elected both Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush didn't they...... if that aint proof enough......

Not content with that, they felt they had to elect "Arnie" too.....:icon_lol:

fred
17th May 2009, 10:42
We have some really good meds on this side of the planet...I mean really useful stuff..
Liveraid for example... A bottle of rum and a liveraid pill and your liver is like COMPLETELY SORTED till the next session.
It must really work as Wow wow willy promotes it every day.

IainBusby
17th May 2009, 11:04
Not content with that, they felt they had to elect "Arnie" too.....:icon_lol:

Yea, actually George W was the worst choice they made, the other 2 were just bad actors who used their popularity to get elected. The thing about Bush is that he was just a bad actor as well, but he got his dad (and his dad's cronies) to tell everyone he was really a politician and buy the presidency for him. But they didn't really buy it for him, they bought it for themselves so that they could start a war and make lots of money for themselves.

somebody
17th May 2009, 14:17
Yea, actually George W was the worst choice they made, the other 2 were just bad actors who used their popularity to get elected. The thing about Bush is that he was just a bad actor as well, but he got his dad (and his dad's cronies) to tell everyone he was really a politician and buy the presidency for him. But they didn't really buy it for him, they bought it for themselves so that they could start a war and make lots of money for themselves.

Sadly Obama seems to be also full of good soundbites and great on TV who is suddenly going back on promises:NoNo:

Hopefully im wrong but I guess only time will tell