PDA

View Full Version : Where to apply visa??????

rutchzzz143
13th May 2009, 16:48
If a british man is going to stay in philippines for more than 21 days as of this is only valid for a british passport holder in staying..................so he is planning to stay for more or less 3 months

so definitely...he needs a visa to stay here like tourist visa............were can he apply this.................is it in the uk before he leave for phil?

Or he will used to apply or get it here in phil for a visa to stay here soon ............

And what are required,cost, and how many days will be a visa valid?

Xxxx

take care

charlwill
13th May 2009, 17:02
If a british man is going to stay in philippines for more than 21 days as of this is only valid for a british passport holder in staying..................so he is planning to stay for more or less 3 months

so definitely...he needs a visa to stay here like tourist visa............were can he apply this.................is it in the uk before he leave for phil?

Or he will used to apply or get it here in phil for a visa to stay here soon ............

And what are required,cost, and how many days will be a visa valid?

Xxxx

take care
He can apply in Philippine Embassy in London or when he arrives in Phils before the 21 days will expire take him to Cebu Immigraton office and let him apply for the extension. He can get it after an hour or 2.

rutchzzz143
13th May 2009, 17:16
oh really charwill?:omg:

:):)its gonna be more easy applying for extension here in phil..........or here in cebu consulate..................as of it takes few hrs you said and some advices here...........how many days extensions is the maximum?:Help1::Help1:

as he is planning to stay here for period of 3 months?

would it be easy?:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

charlwill
13th May 2009, 17:36
oh really charwill?:omg:

:):)its gonna be more easy applying for extension here in phil..........or here in cebu consulate..................as of it takes few hrs you said and some advices here...........how many days extensions is the maximum?:Help1::Help1:

as he is planning to stay here for period of 3 months?

would it be easy?:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:
If you were from Cebu then apply there. He can extended his stay there for another 38 days. Then after that he has to apply again for another extension. Yes, it would be easier to apply in Cebu immigration.

Tawi2
13th May 2009, 17:55
Your visa extension in Cebu doesnt take an hour or two nowadays,I was in-and-out in 30 minutes in march,maybe they are trying to justify the "Express" service fee they charge,even though you dont pay less if you ask for the "Standard" service,they just give you an odd look :icon_lol: Get there first thing and your whisked through the process,very simple nowadays,your even given a nice letter as you leave with an official crest telling anyone you show it to that the Philippines doesnt consider you a danger either to the country or its citizens :Erm::icon_lol:

DaveUK
13th May 2009, 21:20
Your visa extension in Cebu doesnt take an hour or two nowadays,I was in-and-out in 30 minutes in march,maybe they are trying to justify the "Express" service fee they charge,even though you dont pay less if you ask for the "Standard" service,they just give you an odd look :icon_lol: Get there first thing and your whisked through the process,very simple nowadays,your even given a nice letter as you leave with an official crest telling anyone you show it to that the Philippines doesnt consider you a danger either to the country or its citizens :Erm::icon_lol:

How much did that cost you fella? I've been looking on the net and am a bit confused as I keep finding what I assume is a breakdown of costs, but not sure if only some or all is applicable!

Tawi2
13th May 2009, 21:30
Dave,I just checked my passport(glad I did because I found a £50 note and 2 thousand pesos I stashed for emergencies)my extension cost 3030 pesos,they asked how long I wanted,I just said "Give me a month more mate" which I got,dont know how long I would have got had I been a little cheeky,if you dont ask you dont get,but there was an immigration officer sitting on the seats customer side of the screen,Fixer?Who knows,its sometimes worth chatting to people like that:xxgrinning--00xx3:

DaveUK
13th May 2009, 21:41
Dave,I just checked my passport(glad I did because I found a £50 note and 2 thousand pesos I stashed for emergencies)my extension cost 3030 pesos,they asked how long I wanted,I just said "Give me a month more mate" which I got,dont know how long I would have got had I been a little cheeky,if you dont ask you dont get,but there was an immigration officer sitting on the seats customer side of the screen,Fixer?Who knows,its sometimes worth chatting to people like that:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thx for the info fella.

My whole trip is 5 weeks long so we can get married, but in the middle of that we go to Hong Kong for 4 or 5 nights for the honeymoon. Unfortunately though, we won't leave for the honeymoon until my 25th or 26th day in Phils! :doh Very annoying!

Tawi2
13th May 2009, 21:47
Congrats on the wedding mate :xxgrinning--00xx3: Hong Kong?Disney land on Lantau,ocean park(which I actually prefer)Mong Kok night market for the missuses shopping,Monkey mountain to feed the monkeys,boat ride over to Macau,trip up to the peak :xxgrinning--00xx3: I was married in Hong Kong mate,great place,I left a small piece of my heart there when I left(painful)I still visit each year :xxgrinning--00xx3:Try and take your missus to Statue Square in central on a sunday,one of the wonders of the world,10's of thousands of Pinays all sitting down having a picnic :omg:seeing is believing :cwm24:

DaveUK
13th May 2009, 21:57
Congrats on the wedding mate :xxgrinning--00xx3: Hong Kong?Disney land on Lantau,ocean park(which I actually prefer)Mong Kok night market for the missuses shopping,Monkey mountain to feed the monkeys,boat ride over to Macau,trip up to the peak :xxgrinning--00xx3: I was married in Hong Kong mate,great place,I left a small piece of my heart there when I left(painful)I still visit each year :xxgrinning--00xx3:Try and take your missus to Statue Square in central on a sunday,one of the wonders of the world,10's of thousands of Pinays all sitting down having a picnic :omg:seeing is believing :cwm24:

I wanted to take Yam there over a weekend so she could see Statue Square. Been to HK 4 times now. Twice for work, twice for holiday and it always amazes me how packed that place gets on a Sunday! :)

Sad to admit though, but even after 4 visits I've only managed as much as the peak and Mong Kok night market! Although every time I go to HK, I always make sure I go up to the peak twice. Once during the day, once at night. I never get bored of the view from up there! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
13th May 2009, 22:11
Statue square on a lunchtime is an incredible sight :omg: wall-to-wall-women :omg:When I was 19 years old viewing it for the first time it was terrifying :icon_lol: Once I learnt the rules of the game it was interesting :xxgrinning--00xx3:I was outnumbered by about 1000 women to each guy :Rasp:
I remember the peak back in the late 80's early 90's,its all built up now,times are changing,but disney,ocean-park,stanley market,mong kok market,temple street night markets are a must for a woman,all those clothes and so little time to buy them in :icon_lol:Enjoy your honeymoon :xxgrinning--00xx3:

DaveUK
13th May 2009, 22:16
Statue square on a lunchtime is an incredible sight :omg: wall-to-wall-women :omg:When I was 19 years old viewing it for the first time it was terrifying :icon_lol: Once I learnt the rules of the game it was interesting :xxgrinning--00xx3:I was outnumbered by about 1000 women to each guy :Rasp:
I remember the peak back in the late 80's early 90's,its all built up now,times are changing,but disney,ocean-park,stanley market,mong kok market,temple street night markets are a must for a woman,all those clothes and so little time to buy them in :icon_lol:Enjoy your honeymoon :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cheers fella. Thank god I persuaded my parents to pay for the honeymoon. I made sure the total cost I gave to them included a bit of spending, so I'm covered for the markets! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rutchzzz143
14th May 2009, 04:11
If you were from Cebu then apply there. He can extended his stay there for another 38 days. Then after that he has to apply again for another extension. Yes, it would be easier to apply in Cebu immigration.

ohhh!!!thanks charwill:):)

yeap im from cebu ........so kinda easy and great now to get extension here for my partner's stay in PI.........besides its better too than keep going to manila embassy:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

rutchzzz143
14th May 2009, 04:13
Nice conversation tawi-tawi and dave ...i enjoy reading it based on your experiences.......so i will just based into illusions for now:icon_lol:as i've never been to HK yet:ARsurrender::ARsurrender:

who knows i will dare to go there soon:Rasp::Rasp:

tc and god bless us here...........:xxgrinning--00xx3: