PDA

View Full Version : Frozen young coconut and pandan leaves

wachovia
12th May 2009, 23:09
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find some frozen young coconut and pandan leaves in London? I saw a Filipino store in Camden but they only have pandan essence and canned buko which is a bit too sweet.

Ooh, and Kangkong as well. Do they even have it here?

thanks!

maria_and_matt
13th May 2009, 10:38
Earls Court or China Town...

Jay&Zobel
13th May 2009, 16:00
1) Pandan Leaves... I think that's Lemon Grass (been watching UKTV Food) and one of the chefs said they are similar (? not sure)
They're available online though...
http://www.thai-food-online.co.uk/products/fresh-foods/fresh-vegetable/pandan-leaf.asp

2) Frozen Coconut (go to Indian Grocery Stores) they have plenty of those... (again seen on UKFood channel) lol...

3) Kangkong Leaves? They are being called as water spinach here. (Spinach leaves here are rounded unlike in the PI they are long and pointed)

empott
13th May 2009, 16:44
:Erm: Lemongrass is different from pandan leaves. It's called "tanglad" in Tagalog. It's a fragrant grass and kinda citrusy. The leaves of Pandan has thicker structure and has a sweet taste.

Jay&Zobel
13th May 2009, 17:42
:Erm: Lemongrass is different from pandan leaves. It's called "tanglad" in Tagalog. It's a fragrant grass and kinda citrusy. The leaves of Pandan has thicker structure and has a sweet taste.

Oh thank you for correcting :xxgrinning--00xx3: Miss Chef :xxgrinning--00xx3:

empott
13th May 2009, 23:54
:eek: Shhh don't call me that! :xxcheeky-smiley-013: :D :icon_lol:

:Hellooo: Your baby is getting bigger everyday, Zobel, and so cute! Lucky you.

Jay&Zobel
14th May 2009, 11:35
:eek: Shhh don't call me that! :xxcheeky-smiley-013: :D :icon_lol:

:Hellooo: Your baby is getting bigger everyday, Zobel, and so cute! Lucky you.

Hehe! When are you coming here? Come on, lol we need to have Filipino restaurants here hehe...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:D:D:D:D (lol, please hire me as your taster...lol!!!)

Yep, he is indeed! Thank you
:cwm38::cwm38::cwm38::cwm38:

Tawi2
14th May 2009, 12:06
Indian grocery stores,Earls court,or theres a great Thai shop near Kew bridge,I have seen pinays shopping there often,its cleaner and better stocked than the Pinoy supermarkets in earls court,theres also decent vegetable selections around Gerrard street (china town).

wachovia
14th May 2009, 22:53
Thanks guys!

empott
15th May 2009, 01:04
... When are you coming here? ...

I'm still at the mercy of the ECO. I'm starting to feel the pressure now. ::Cuckoo: :D